Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs wave Stanford Routt

Default Chiefs wave Stanford Routt

He sucked this year, but shocked they cut him:

From Sam Mellinger:

"#Chiefs waived Stanford Routt to make room for Shaun Smith, Romeo references "relationship" w/ Routt not progressing. Interesting."

Source: https://twitter.com/mellinger/status/265537308680409088

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Next years first round draft pick! Oh that is right. No franchise QB, because there isn't one worth taking the risk of giving the number one over all.
    If none of the QB's in college step up I would be fine with taking a stud CB, MLB, or something like that because this years QB class looks like a repeat of the 2006 class. No use wasting a really high pick on a QB that we know/should know will not turn out to be elite. Might as well get some more studs and try to get a serviceable QB to come in for a year and try again next year. Plus, we would then have a veteran to help the learning curve of that young QB we draft in the future.

Only problem with this is I believe the team is capable of being very competitive now, if we just had a decent QB to get our receivers the ball, and more so not turn the ball over so much. I think if we took another year without trying to get a young QB there could be many players that would want out because we are not addressing the most important issue with the team.

Im just worried that our biggest need is at QB and that we will end up taking one because of the pressure to take one and make a change, and this years QB class so far has not been that impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    We are taking a qb, or we better. If not all hell will break loose among the KC fan base (as if it has not already)
    So the Chiefs take a QB no matter what regardless of him having a bigger chance to be a bust over Manti Te'o who is up for Heismann as a line backer.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    So the Chiefs take a QB no matter what regardless of him having a bigger chance to be a bust over Manti Te'o who is up for Heismann as a line backer.

Look at MOST of the competitive teams in today's NFL, They have a qb that is drafted in the first or second round. Since 2005 only 1 team that has won the super bowl did not draft a qb in the first round and that was the Saints with Drew Brees.

The teams that are successful have taken the qb risk. It's time to lay the foundation. I would much rather try with a qb and fail then not try at all. That being said, I am not watching Matt Cassel throw his 6 yard out routes or 2 yard drag routes anymore, it makes me want to throw up.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 11-06-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Look at MOST of the competitive teams in today's NFL, They have a qb that is drafted in the first or second round. Since 2005 only 1 team that has won the super bowl did not draft a qb in the first round and that was the Saints with Drew Brees.

The teams that are successful have taken the qb risk. It's time to lay the foundation. I would much rather try with a qb and fail then not try at all. That being said, I am not watching Matt Cassel throw his 6 yard out routes or 2 yard drag routes anymore, it makes me want to throw up.
    Right on the money. I've said it before, they should double dip at the QB position in the 2013 draft as it makes all the sense in the world.

Like yourself, I can't stomach watching this team have no capability to throw the ball down the field & make opposing Defenses play honest which can be attributed to three things:

1) Chiefs QB's inability to throw it down the field.
    2) Horrible pass protection. Don't let any stat sheets fool you. Opposing defenders are getting too much pressure on Chiefs QB's on a continued basis.
    3) Receivers inability to get separation from opposing DB's and stretch the field.

He was bad; but we really don't have anyone one better. I can only assume this will make our bad secondary worse.

'Bout time.

I think he's saying, like most say, none of the qbs coming out this year are sure fire franchise qbs. We missed the boat last year and the year before. I think there are higher rated prospects in 2014.

I am not arguing with you. I am just trying to set you your expectations for next year based on the Chiefs history the last 50 years.

I just provided you the excuse for why they won't draft QB with the 1st. They will most likley say they could find equal talent with the second.

To Seek and MyManHali,

I offer another alternative that may be worthy of consideration & admittedly this is a copy and paste job from a post I made in another thread, but here it is nonetheless:

"The only other alternative that I can think of is maybe working a reasonable trade with Washington for Kirk Cousins. You may be possibly getting a Trent Green type of player in Cousins. It's no bigger of a risk than drafting a QB. They could keep their 1st round choice & perhaps trade down a few slots and take Te'o the LB from ND, who can play in a 3-4 or 4-3. Perhaps this is the route that they should go."

What are thoughts on this?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast