Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs wave Stanford Routt

Default Chiefs wave Stanford Routt

He sucked this year, but shocked they cut him:

From Sam Mellinger:

"#Chiefs waived Stanford Routt to make room for Shaun Smith, Romeo references "relationship" w/ Routt not progressing. Interesting."

Source: https://twitter.com/mellinger/status/265537308680409088

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Carr made it clear after the deal that he was not going to resign with the Chiefs. He wants to go to Dallas and play for his child hood team. It was not a question of money, he wanted out of Kansas City.

You guys just don't seem to get it. These guys are driven by various motivations, not all of them are highest bidder.

No we do get it, we get the fact that players with the exception of Winston don't want to come here, and the players that are here want out.

You can say he sucked but so has the defensive play calling! So it's hard to say if he just had a bad year or he played in a crap defense!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

So whose going to replace Routt?

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    So whose going to replace Routt?

Arenas and/or Daniels.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    You can say he sucked but so has the defensive play calling! So it's hard to say if he just had a bad year or he played in a crap defense!
    Playcalling or no, when teams come in and just pick you apart you have to know that you are not up to speed. Teams that come in here know what Routt has to bring to the field and they are simply tearing him up.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Routt was one that was really hurt by the HORRIBLE coaching on this team. He will never be a great player but I don't think he's as bad as he played this year. IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

One thing I don't understand is why didn't they just put Dorsey on IR, that way they could of kept Routt and added Smith.

I have been hearing that Routt has been trouble in the locker room. I am not sure if that is true or not but it very well could be.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    One thing I don't understand is why didn't they just put Dorsey on IR, that way they could of kept Routt and added Smith.

I have been hearing that Routt has been trouble in the locker room. I am not sure if that is true or not but it very well could be.
    That would explain why they just cut him. It's the only thing that really makes sense to me really. If Dorsey is going to be out a long time might as well just hold him out and not risk anymore injury the seasons already over I just can't think of anything else.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Bortnem View Post
    Im not up to date on how much money we are under the cap, but if we add that plus the 6 mil we gave to Routt, dont you think we could have been in the running with the Cowboys for Carr?
    It wasn't really this year, but you have to look to 2013 too. Someone else had the same question earlier in the year and I did some research. Based on Carr's current contract, 33% of the Chiefs cap would have been spent next year on Hali/Flowers/Berry/Carr (4 players).

Hali - $12.25M
    Flowers - $7.35M
    Berry - $7M
    Carr - $14.3M

Total = $40.6M (cap is $120.6M)

Quote Originally Posted by Bortnem View Post
    Chalk another one up to Pioli...should have kept Carr rather than letting him leave and replacing him with someone that gets cut half way through the year... Well now we need to find a starting QB and CB in the draft.
    Agreed 100%. We had a great chemistry going on with our secondary and Pioli, through inaction managed to fix something that wasn't broken. Imho that whole "We have to lose Bowe or Carr, can't keep both" situation was stoked by Pioli all the way, trying to be cheap.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast