Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Chiefs wave Stanford Routt

Default Chiefs wave Stanford Routt

He sucked this year, but shocked they cut him:

From Sam Mellinger:

"#Chiefs waived Stanford Routt to make room for Shaun Smith, Romeo references "relationship" w/ Routt not progressing. Interesting."

Source: https://twitter.com/mellinger/status/265537308680409088

One last thing, Quinn didn't even take a hit in that Bucs game.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I want the best QB available and if we are in right position to take Barkley, then we take him. If we are in the 5-6th position, then maybe. I have never seen Cousins play, if he is worth it then fine, but from what I have seen I would probably rather trade for someone like TJ Yates.
    Again, I am not an expert on this subject, but everything I have heard is that Barkley's stock has dropped significantly this year and that many people locally are saying that hBarkley is very comparable to Matt Cassel except for the fact that he actually has College game time experience. Now I don't know if that is Anti USC QB BS, but it does bother me a whole bunch that USC QB's fail in the NFL as they tend to be a product of a superior college team and system but not true NFL talent. The fact that his stock is dropping while facing adversity this year has me concerned as many had him as the #1 draft pick before the season started and the public opinion of drafting him this early in the season no matter what is not in the best interest of the team.

There has got to be another Russel Wilson or Tannehill in this draft waiting to be picked. Maybe taking a flyer on a guy like Kline in the 3rd round is smarter.. I don't know, but I am not on the side of the fence that says QB no matter the options... but they better find a QB or two some where.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    There has got to be another Russel Wilson or Tannehill in this draft waiting to be picked. Maybe taking a flyer on a guy like Kline in the 3rd round is smarter.. I don't know, but I am not on the side of the fence that says QB no matter the options... but they better find a QB or two some where.
    I really wish we would have drafted Russell Wilson last year

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Again, I am not an expert on this subject, but everything I have heard is that Barkley's stock has dropped significantly this year and that many people locally are saying that hBarkley is very comparable to Matt Cassel except for the fact that he actually has College game time experience. Now I don't know if that is Anti USC QB BS, but it does bother me a whole bunch that USC QB's fail in the NFL as they tend to be a product of a superior college team and system but not true NFL talent. The fact that his stock is dropping while facing adversity this year has me concerned as many had him as the #1 draft pick before the season started and the public opinion of drafting him this early in the season no matter what is not in the best interest of the team.

Trust me, no one hates Matt Cassel more than I do. I have seen Barkley throw multiple times 40 yards downfield, perfect strikes. When has Matt Cassel ever done that? The only thing you can compare with Cassel and Barkley is they were both from USC, named Matt, and wear number 7.

We need to take the risk Seek, it's time.

Trust me, no one hates Matt Cassel more than I do. I have seen Barkley throw multiple times 40 yards downfield, perfect strikes. When has Matt Cassel ever done that? The only thing you can compare with Cassel and Barkley is they were both from USC, named Matt, and wear number 7.

Perhaps Barkley can be the first USC QB to win a Superbowl?

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Perhaps Barkley can be the first USC QB to win a Superbowl?
    I hope that's the case ... If he comes to KC.

Another 6 mil wasted. Nice job Scott.
    SHUT IT

I have seen him do it al lot in warm ups and at practice. The difference is what will Barkley do when there is an NFL talent waiting to hawk his ball or is covering the receiver tighter than he is used to seeing in College. Since you have watched hims as much as you say you have, I believe your opinion may be a bit biased.

Again, I am not an expert, but there are many people who are who are raising up flags around Barkley. People are saying the Combine will expose a lot of it.

Can anyone tell me.... If Routt signs with another team do we take the full cap hit still?
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567