Thread: Latest moves - what do they mean?

Default Latest moves - what do they mean?

In the past week or so we have seen several changes in the organization. From cutting Routt and bringing back Smith to changing how the players warm up also promoting a full time DC, and now a rule if you turn the ball over you have to come out of the game.

I've heard many theories from Pioli is no longer in full control and RAC is finally being able to coach his way to this is Pioli trying to save his job.

Somehow this DC part strikes me as building in an excuse if/WHEN the Steelers throttle this team on MNF. Romeo claimed a perception of the way the offense views him as the reason for the change. I just have a hard time buying that because its a poor way to lead, though poor leadership seems to be the one thing we have down this year.

I think it's part of both Romeo and Pioli trying to save there jobs. I think that the DC part was not Romeo I think this is being forced on him. But I think Pioli is losing some control he has had on this team and that is a very good thing. There's a reason he's not a coach
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

They was talking about this on the radio and they mentioned about bringing smith in and releasing rout wasnt a pioli move cuz it would mean he woukd be admitting his mistakes and that it sounded more like a crennel and clark move and that pioli hand might have been forced into all these small changes. And i beleivebi just heard that clarks in town and beleive they said marty shottiehiemer maybe in town as well but wasnt able to catch the whole story but they were talking about him as a consultant or gm but pure speculation. I didntcatch it all but thats what i caught out of it.

Yeah Marty is supposed to be at Arrowhead and The Clark's jet is in town early too. I read that they have kept a close relationship and it could mean anything. It's kinda exciting if it means he may consult this team outta this mess.

If we're gonna pull players who turn the ball over.... What are we gonna do when all three qbs turn the ball over? Aside from that I hope that there are lots of changes after this season is over. Starting with firing Pioli, and almost the whole coaching staff.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    They was talking about this on the radio and they mentioned about bringing smith in and releasing rout wasnt a pioli move cuz it would mean he woukd be admitting his mistakes and that it sounded more like a crennel and clark move and that pioli hand might have been forced into all these small changes. And i beleivebi just heard that clarks in town and beleive they said marty shottiehiemer maybe in town as well but wasnt able to catch the whole story but they were talking about him as a consultant or gm but pure speculation. I didntcatch it all but thats what i caught out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Yeah Marty is supposed to be at Arrowhead and The Clark's jet is in town early too. I read that they have kept a close relationship and it could mean anything. It's kinda exciting if it means he may consult this team outta this mess.
    Marty!, Marty!, Marty!, Marty!

10 seasons with a 101-58-1 record
    1 losing season-1998 (7-9)
    Regular season home record of 62-10 in 10 seasons.

In the past week or so we have seen several changes in the organization. From cutting Routt and bringing back Smith to changing how the players warm up also promoting a full time DC, and now a rule if you turn the ball over you have to come out of the game.

I've heard many theories from Pioli is no longer in full control and RAC is finally being able to coach his way to this is Pioli trying to save his job.

Somehow this DC part strikes me as building in an excuse if/WHEN the Steelers throttle this team on MNF. Romeo claimed a perception of the way the offense views him as the reason for the change. I just have a hard time buying that because its a poor way to lead, though poor leadership seems to be the one thing we have down this year.
    When something is clearly broke, then you diagnose the problem and fix it. My guess is that Pioli called Crennel into his office and said something like "Bring me 10 things you are going to do/change to get this team headed in the right direction".

Without question RAC was on the hot seat following the last embarassment. I'm sure change was forced upon him, but I believe the personnel moves were Romeo's call.

I like all of the moves they've made in the last week. Including cutting Routt. There needed to be a message sent to the locker room that poor performance would not be tolerated.

Getting Marty involved with the team in some capacity would certainly be a step in the right direction.

RAC's not smart enough to know 10 things to make this team better.