Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hunt reportedly meets with Schttenheimer

Default Hunt reportedly meets with Schttenheimer

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt reportedly met with Marty Schottenheimer

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team's declining fortunes.
    SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.

The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.

However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
    General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
    Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back "Martyball" or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5's Facebook page.

Source

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I would welcome this move with open arms!
    me to
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

why is he available ???

Schottenheimer sues UFL founder for $2.3 million

If the UFL isn’t already dead, it soon will be.

Former Virginia Destroyers coach Marty Schottenheimer has sued the league for $2.3 million in unpaid compensation, according to CourthouseNewsService.com.

The sued, filed in San Francisco, seeks payment from UFL founder Bill Hambrecht for “coaching and managing.”
    story
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I love Marty, he was a very good coach. Not too sure about him being GM though. I just don't see him coming back to coach the Chiefs. I'd like a proven GM please. Not a product of the Patriots though. As much as I hope we get the number 1 pick, I hope we beat the Squealers tonight!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

[quote=kcvet;271090]why is he available ???

Schottenheimer sues UFL founder for $2.3 million

I think ufl went under?

So now we have a denial from both the Chiefs and Marty that he is interested in the coaching job, but an admission from Marty that there has been some contact. He DOES say that he has talked to SP and RC. Hard to believe that he hasn't also talked to Hunt.

Old saying...."Where there is smoke there is fire".

My take on what has happened is somewhere along these lines.....

Hunt contact Marty and says......"Marty...Its all going to hell in a handbasket. The team is a mess. The fans are in rebellion. Would you..."

Marty cuts him off and says...."Clark, you know that my fondest memories from my coaching days are of my days with the Chiefs. But look. Scott and Romeo are my friends. I've known these guys for a long time. And I am not going to cut them off at the knees and publicly humiliate them in the middle of what is already a lost season. Wouldn't do any good anyway. NOBODY can fix this season."

Marty continues...."But look Clark, I'd certainly be willing to talk about some possibilities with the Chiefs once the season is just about over. So lets talk again a week or two before the season ends. That way if we came up with something we both liked you could make an announcement immediately after the last game and we could hit the ground running for getting new coaches and the draft."

Maybe I am being an optimist, but I honestly think this is at least a loose approximation of what actually happened.

Marty is not the type of guy that wants to be seen as part of a lynch-mob that helps run SP and RC out of town on a rail in the middle of the season. Especially since it's not as if it would do a damned bit of good at this point.

But I do think Marty has let Hunt know that he is open to negotiations a little later in the season.

His calls to RC and SP were just his way of reassuring them that they were not going to be publicly beheaded at the 50 yard line at halftime during next weeks game. He's not the type of guy to participate in that sort of thing.

Just my outlook on this situation.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123