Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunt reportedly meets with Schttenheimer

Default Hunt reportedly meets with Schttenheimer

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt reportedly met with Marty Schottenheimer

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team's declining fortunes.
    SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.

The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.

However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
    General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
    Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back "Martyball" or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5's Facebook page.

Source

I must first apologize for giving out false information. According to chiefs twitter page, Marty was not in town but he has kept in contact with clark abd has been an advisor. He said he has no desire to return to coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by lordchillz View Post
    I must first apologize for giving out false information. According to chiefs twitter page, Marty was not in town but he has kept in contact with clark abd has been an advisor. He said he has no desire to return to coaching.
    And you actually think the chiefs would admit anything right now. Savethechiefs did confirm that hunt meant with marty about a possible.consultion job. I dont believe for one minute there denial rumores claiming it didnt happen. The meeting between the two did happen.

GM no way. DC. I think he can still muster a killer D
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Maybe the scheme doctor Bill Snyder will be looking for a new challenge after he brings home the national championship this year!

Thanks Aussie!

Marty Schottenheimer says he has no desire to coach again and that contrary to reports he was not in Kansas City on Friday.

But the most successful coach in Kansas City Chiefs history told USA TODAY Sports on Saturday that he has indeed been in constant contact with Chiefs owner Clark Hunt and within the past few days lent encouragement to embattled coach Romeo Crennel.

"I stay in touch with the Hunt family," Schottenheimer said from his home outside Charlotte, during a phone interview on Saturday. "Of late, I've called to encourage them for whatever they're doing. They've got a lot of young players. And they're working their butts off."

Schottenheimer is aware of a rumor, started by a caller on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Friday, that maintained he was at Arrowhead Stadium meeting with Hunt, who took over the Chiefs after his father and franchise founder Lamar Hunt passed away in 2006.

The Chiefs, heading into Monday night's game at the Pittsburgh Steelers with a 1-7 record, are engulfed by speculation that Crennel and general manager Scott Pioli could be fired. Hunt has not publicly addressed the issue. Pioli was unavailable when USA TODAY Sports attempted to make contact on Saturday.

Schottenheimer, 69, guided the Chiefs to seven playoff berths and three division titles during a 10-year reign from 1989-98, when he posted a 101-58-1 record.

Considering his legacy in Kansas City, Chiefs fans were buzzing with Friday's erroneous report. Schottenheimer last coached in the NFL with the San Diego Chargers in 2007. He also had head coaching stints with the Cleveland Browns and Washington Redskins.

Would Schottenheimer return?

"Life is good," he said. "I just feel badly because I have great affection for the Hunt family and the Kansas City Chiefs. Those were the best 10 years of my career. But I think the world of Romeo Crennel."

Schottenheimer is not lobbying for the job, yet realizes the "hot seat" speculation in many situations across the league is intensifying.

"Scorched earth!" he said.

He compiled a 200-126-1 career regular season mark, but was undone by playoff failures. No coach who hasn't been to a Super Bowl has more career victories than Schottenheimer, who also had a 5-13 playoff record.

He wishes teams would exhibit more patience before making front office and coaching moves.

What did he tell Crennel?

" 'Hang in there, brother,' " Schottenheimer said. "I have deep affection for him and the Chiefs, so I'm disappointed. But you've got to keep going, put one foot in front of the other."

Schottenheimer says he also knows and supports Pioli, the embattled GM.

"The thing is, it's a young team," he said. "It's tough right now. I have confidence they'll get it done."

If not, Schottenheimer and Hunt will have plenty to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by lordchillz View Post
    No matter how bad of a season we were having, he always made sure to dish a pounding to the raiders!
    Got that right! I've said that a dozen times here. Marty called it Raider Week and they were ready to walk thru walls when the game started. This current bunch doesn't even know what it means.

Marty says he's not interested in coaching, but thats strange because I believe he was coaching a ufl team last year. I dont know how good of a GM he wouold make, but I know he would make a great coach. Maybe this time he could win a superbowl. Bad luck kept him from getting there too many times!

I guess I am probably just too hopeful? It made my day to think he may be the coach again.

Maybe rumour was started to see the responce of the fans?

I would welcome this move with open arms!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast