Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just how bad our Coaching staff is

Default Just how bad our Coaching staff is

I have been saying for weeks that Coaching is the biggest Issue with this team right now. Tonight is further proof of that. I have been watching football games since 1995 And I have never seen a game in which the announcers were literally laughing at just how bad the playcalling was like they were tonight. If that doesn't show people just how bad this coaching staff is I don't know what will.

The only way this team will be any better next season is if there is a whole new coaching staff in there.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    In addition the two taunting penalties and the dope kid-n-play dance after the puff puff pass rush knocked out Big Ben showed a real lack of discipline. It's not breaking news but that **** would have never flew with Todd here.
    Agreed. Notice how they didn't do it.

Todd might have been short on experience, and make all kinds of goofy playcalls...but he did bring back some discipline. He just couldn't take it any further from there.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    If we had Orton the coaches would atleast let him throw the ball, they absolutely have no faith or confidence in Cassel, and we are all seeing why.
    While I will agree in part with the no faith in Cassel being part of it that doesn't excuse this coaching staff for just how bad the play calling is.

A bad qb doesn't make you have to run to the right just about every play. Early in that game we hit a couple of plays in the play action game. Why did they just stop? It was working. Then they go back to the run to the right run to the right. My wife even asked me why do they keep running the same play over and over. The annoncers were laughing on the air about it. Coaches are suppose to put the players in the right spot. This staff has failed to do that all season
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    While I will agree in part with the no faith in Cassel being part of it that doesn't excuse this coaching staff for just how bad the play calling is.

A bad qb doesn't make you have to run to the right just about every play. Early in that game we hit a couple of plays in the play action game. Why did they just stop? It was working. Then they go back to the run to the right run to the right. My wife even asked me why do they keep running the same play over and over. The annoncers were laughing on the air about it. Coaches are suppose to put the players in the right spot. This staff has failed to do that all season

Yes it does, we all saw what happened in overtime. It is exactly the same reason why the coaches want to keep the ball out of his hands.

Yes it does, we all saw what happened in overtime. It is exactly the same reason why the coaches want to keep the ball out of his hands.
    They can keep it out of his hands if they try Stanzi out. Heck they could even give Breaston a shot at QB! Either way I think it would be an improvement!

No it doesn't

You can do many other things then run to the right. Like maybe to the left test the middle. We didn't see them try that all that often and the Steelers knew it. They knew exactly what we were going to do. The announcers talked over and over again about how much they were running to the right laughing at it at times. There is no excuse to that.They tried the play action early made a couple of plays like the one to Moaki then stopped. Bad Qb or not there is no excuse for just how bad the play calling is. We have seen a number of teams with a bad QB play over the years in the NFL. How many just say just run it to the right all the time? I can't think of any.

The coaching and the playcalling are not helping the players that we do have. That's there job. Even with lower talent they are suppose to do there job. That's not what we are seeing from this staff. There is No excuse for just how predictable the playcalling is NONE doing what they are doing they might as well put the playbook on the internet it wouldn't be much different
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Exceptionally bad.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    No it doesn't

You can do many other things then run to the right. Like maybe to the left test the middle. We didn't see them try that all that often and the Steelers knew it. They knew exactly what we were going to do. The announcers talked over and over again about how much they were running to the right laughing at it at times. There is no excuse to that.They tried the play action early made a couple of plays like the one to Moaki then stopped. Bad Qb or not there is no excuse for just how bad the play calling is. We have seen a number of teams with a bad QB play over the years in the NFL. How many just say just run it to the right all the time? I can't think of any.

The coaching and the playcalling are not helping the players that we do have. That's there job. Even with lower talent they are suppose to do there job. That's not what we are seeing from this staff. There is No excuse for just how predictable the playcalling is NONE doing what they are doing they might as well put the playbook on the internet it wouldn't be much different

Well I was speaking more on taking the ball out of Cassel's hands, not disagreeing with you about about the running game. I agree with you on changing the running game, running to the right every play was absolutely ridiculous.

I rest my case
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Well I was speaking more on taking the ball out of Cassel's hands, not disagreeing with you about about the running game. I agree with you on changing the running game, running to the right every play was absolutely ridiculous.
    I can agree with that but you can't just run the ball every play either. My thing on that game was that we hit a couple plays in the playaction game early and then just STOPPED using it. It was STUPID. I understand limiting the thowing games with the QBS that we have but you can't go to that extreme
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Another horrible day. When will it end? When will it end. I refused to watch the game today, and for that im glad. One less major thorn in my chest!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast