Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: People who know football know Cassell is not the problem.

Default People who know football know Cassell is not the problem.

While I don't believe that Matt Cassell is as good as touted it is clear to me that he has the most heart of anyone on the team. And probably want's to win more as well. I saw him scramble for a first down, not slide, and jump up fired up! I don't see any player or coach doing that. He is constantly under pressure every single snap due to what I believe is the real problem our offensive line. The defense rocks! Crennel is a great guy but not a head coach. I'm on the fence with Pioli. We will really see how devoted Hunt is to turning this thing around if he goes after a big name coach. That and focusing on the O line could make this team competitive overnight....with Matt Cassell.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That thread is SO 1 sided and unfair it's not funny. It just gives you blind numbers and doesn't include all the factors. That is a 100% UNFAIR way to look at things. That's where I put my Cassel was better in 2010 then Peyton Manning and Drew Brees thing. I give you the blind results and make a judgement Don't throw in any other factors You can spin things to make someone look as good or as bad as you want when you do that. That statement I say about Cassel being better then BRees and Manning is one of the dumbest things I have ever said but I can twist the blind numbers and make that statement. That article is so biased I can't take it seriously. When making a judgement you have to look at the whole picture and what goes into it not just the numbers.
    Yes you can spin number to make them look however you want. That's the beauty and curse of statistics. Hence the well known line...there's lies, d@mn lies and then there's statistics.

Bottom line, if you are going to seriously say that Matt Cassel deserves to be the starting QB of the Chiefs for the rest of this year and all of next then there's really nothing left to discuss. I don't care about what numbers he had in what year. Like you said, if you take his body of work over the past 4 years I don't want him as my starting QB and I don't want him in a Chiefs uniform.

I love the guy's heart, spirit and will to win but his ability to deliver that win doesn't match.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Yes you can spin number to make them look however you want. That's the beauty and curse of statistics. Hence the well known line...there's lies, d@mn lies and then there's statistics.

Bottom line, if you are going to seriously say that Matt Cassel deserves to be the starting QB of the Chiefs for the rest of this year and all of next then there's really nothing left to discuss. I don't care about what numbers he had in what year. Like you said, if you take his body of work over the past 4 years I don't want him as my starting QB and I don't want him in a Chiefs uniform.

I love the guy's heart, spirit and will to win but his ability to deliver that win doesn't match.
    This year I don't think it matters who the QB is so I'm fine with Cassel this year. We saw Quinn didn't change anything. So To me it doesn't matter who's starting at QB this year. Next year I WANT A CHANGE. It's time for a change.

My whole thing "defending Cassel" Is that a change at QB won't suddenly solve all our problems. It will solve a big one yes if it's the right QB but nowhere near all of them. Some think that if we get a new QB we would be a winner I would love to agree. I would love to but a new qb wouldn't solve

HORRIBLE coaching staff

A number 1 WR dropping passes, getting outplayed by the backup te and Dexter Mccluster against a bad Defense and still showboating when he does do well

CB play

D line play

O line play while it's better then before it still needs some work though our rookies are not a finished product yet.

GM who can't seem to get the right coach for this team

Qb is 1 of our problems and it's a big problem I just won't agree with anyone who thinks changing QBS will solve everything or make us a winning team.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

As much as we may hate Matt Cassel, he is still the best QB on this roster. And that falls squarely on Scott Pioli's shoulders.

I'm not in the "Fire Scott Pioli" camp yet, but the Qb personnel decisions are his fault. And so is the coaching debacle. I'm not sure Haley should have been hired or fired. I liked the addition of Crennel and Weis as coordinators. Then things went drastically wrong. Fighting between Haley and Weis leads to Weis skipping town. Fighting between Pioli and Haley leads to Haley being fired. Crennel getting hired despite his underwhelming resume as a head coach. They all lead to Pioli.

Unlike others on this board, I have liked the majority of his draft choices. Especially last years draft. Scott Pioli's future in KC rests in two decisions. Who he drafts as the QB of the future and who he hires as Crennel's replacement.

I believe Crennel being replaced is a foregone conclusion and will happen at the end of the season. It would have already happened if there was a viable replacement in this staff.

Well at least cassel plays with great teammates...unlike Tebow

Jets teammate says Tim Tebow can’t start because “he’s terrible” | ProFootballTalk

I feel terrible for tebow, hopefuly he gets out next year and goes somewhere to get a shot or something.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Well at least cassel plays with great teammates...unlike Tebow

Jets teammate says Tim Tebow can’t start because “he’s terrible” | ProFootballTalk

I feel terrible for tebow, hopefuly he gets out next year and goes somewhere to get a shot or something.
    Tim Tebow.......GREAT backup....not a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Tim Tebow.......GREAT backup....not a starter.
    So he's just as good as Cassel?

he used to be THE weak link. Now he's one of multiple weak pinks. I think coaching is a main problem

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    As much as we may hate Matt Cassel, he is still the best QB on this roster. And that falls squarely on Scott Pioli's shoulders.

I'm not in the "Fire Scott Pioli" camp yet, but the Qb personnel decisions are his fault. And so is the coaching debacle. I'm not sure Haley should have been hired or fired. I liked the addition of Crennel and Weis as coordinators. Then things went drastically wrong. Fighting between Haley and Weis leads to Weis skipping town. Fighting between Pioli and Haley leads to Haley being fired. Crennel getting hired despite his underwhelming resume as a head coach. They all lead to Pioli.

Unlike others on this board, I have liked the majority of his draft choices. Especially last years draft. Scott Pioli's future in KC rests in two decisions. Who he drafts as the QB of the future and who he hires as Crennel's replacement.

I believe Crennel being replaced is a foregone conclusion and will happen at the end of the season. It would have already happened if there was a viable replacement in this staff.
    Im not sure how you could still support Pioli? Its pretty obvious along with a little bad luck, his descisions have made the Chiefs what they are today (LOSERS)!

The point I was trying to make was this. Cassell is terrible no doubt but he gets all the blame and this is innacurate. Also it seems to me that this team has lost heart and will to win...Cassell hasn't. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Why should Pioli stay as Chiefs' GM?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast