The Pittsburgh Steelers managed to win on Monday night, but at the cost of their quarterback for at least the rest of the night. The Chiefs defense swarmed Ben Roethlisberger, and Kansas City linebacker Justin Houston slammed him to the turf. That caused a sternoclavicular (SC) sprain that has rendered him "questionable," in the Steelers' words , for next Sunday night's game against Baltimore. "That is all of the information I have at this point," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said on Tuesday. "He is being evaluated. Obviously this injury puts his participation in the questionable category for this week. I will have more information as I get it, as the week unfolds." After Roethlisberger's injury, Pittsburgh brought in Byron Leftwich, who, while shaky, managed to keep the Steelers in the game. Leftwich has little recent experience, and this is a difficult time for Roethlisberger to be out, as the Steelers have critical AFC North matchups against Baltimore in two of their next three games. This news, at the moment, is about as good as it could be for Pittsburgh. Initial reports of Roethlisberger's "unusual" injury, in the words of one Yahoo! Sports source , threatened potentially catastrophic circumstances. But by not completely ruling out Roethlisberger for even one game, the Steelers have at least allowed their fans some small measure of hope. -Follow Jay Busbee on Twitter at @jaybusbee .-

More...