Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl in London?

Default Super Bowl in London?

This article is further proof that the pinnacle event of the game doesn't belong to the everyday fan...

NFL commissioner says Super Bowl may someday be held in London
    td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }By CHRIS KAHN, Associated Press Writer
    October 15, 2007

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- A future Super Bowl champion may someday be crowned overseas in a game witnessed predominantly by a foreign audience, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said. "There's a great deal of interest in holding a Super Bowl in London," Goodell told reporters Monday. "So we'll be looking at that."

The commissioner said London's new Wembley Stadium would make a great candidate for pro football's biggest matchup, given the enthusiasm overseas for the game.

The NFL has been expanding its overseas presence for years by televising games around the world. It's held preseason games in numerous countries in Europe, Asia, Mexico and Canada, and in 2005, the Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers played the first regular-season match outside the United States.
    The game at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City drew the league's largest crowd to date, 103,467.
    On Oct. 28, Wembley will host the first regular-season NFL game outside North America. It took just 90 minutes to sell the first 40,000 tickets for the game between the Miami Dolphins and New York Giants. Goodell said event organizers have sold 95,000 tickets in all. Goodell spoke about the possibility of a British Super Bowl after a luncheon Monday in Scottsdale sponsored by the host committee for the 2008 Super Bowl in Arizona.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Sure sounds like a waste to me.

I think that a percentage of Super Bowl tickets should be available to the two teams fans who hold season tickets to their respective teams.

Another portion should go to a person who has a ticket stub from a home or away game of their team.

Then let the rest of those bozo's fight over what is left!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    This article is further proof that the pinnacle event of the game doesn't belong to the everyday fan...

NFL commissioner says Super Bowl may someday be held in London
    td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }By CHRIS KAHN, Associated Press Writer
    October 15, 2007

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- A future Super Bowl champion may someday be crowned overseas in a game witnessed predominantly by a foreign audience, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said. "There's a great deal of interest in holding a Super Bowl in London," Goodell told reporters Monday. "So we'll be looking at that."

The commissioner said London's new Wembley Stadium would make a great candidate for pro football's biggest matchup, given the enthusiasm overseas for the game.

The NFL has been expanding its overseas presence for years by televising games around the world. It's held preseason games in numerous countries in Europe, Asia, Mexico and Canada, and in 2005, the Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers played the first regular-season match outside the United States.
    The game at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City drew the league's largest crowd to date, 103,467.
    On Oct. 28, Wembley will host the first regular-season NFL game outside North America. It took just 90 minutes to sell the first 40,000 tickets for the game between the Miami Dolphins and New York Giants. Goodell said event organizers have sold 95,000 tickets in all. Goodell spoke about the possibility of a British Super Bowl after a luncheon Monday in Scottsdale sponsored by the host committee for the 2008 Super Bowl in Arizona.
    Can you imagine, input team here gets to the Super Bowl for the first time in X years (lets say Chiefs and 1970 *yeah it has been that long*) then they have the game in London, will make the fans sick because they cant make it to the game, Yes there are some but it would be much harder for the normal fan to travel to the game. Also it takes away from the economy of some town in the US, sends our money overseas.

Let the European Football League have their Superbowl in London, Keep ours here.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Can you imagine, input team here gets to the Super Bowl for the first time in X years (lets say Chiefs and 1970 *yeah it has been that long*) then they have the game in London, will make the fans sick because they cant make it to the game, Yes there are some but it would be much harder for the normal fan to travel to the game. Also it takes away from the economy of some town in the US, sends our money overseas.

Let the European Football League have their Superbowl in London, Keep ours here.
    It almost sounds like your saying the NFL might be a corporation...

Novel, idea..

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I can just see it now. Instead of insane cheering there would be golf claps and dignitaries saying: "Good show!"

Vendor: Get your Tea and Crumpets..TEA and CRUMPETS...

Fan 1: I dare say this is a barbaric sport.
    Fan 2: Oh my, that hooligan just grabbed the other chap by the bars on his helmet...
    Fan 1: Oh it appears they've moved his team back 15 meters.
    Fan 2: Serves him bloody right...more crumpets?
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

The queen would never approve.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Vendor: Get your Tea and Crumpets..TEA and CRUMPETS...

Fan 1: I dare say this is a barbaric sport.
    Fan 2: Oh my, that hooligan just grabbed the other chap by the bars on his helmet...
    Fan 1: Oh it appears they've moved his team back 15 meters.
    Fan 2: Serves him bloody right...more crumpets?
    Fan 3: Dear me, there seems to be much bum swatting going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    The queen would never approve.
    Although she would privately approve of the tight knickers.

This is a joke, they dont care for real football so why give it to them.
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast