The Kansas City Chiefs don't seem to understand the concept of the old sports adage, "Act like you've been there before." Then again, when you haven't held a lead in regulation through your first eight games, it's tough to know where "there" is. The Chiefs, who are clearly not used to success, went a bit overboard in Monday night's loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, breaking out choreographed celebrations to mark various accomplishments. One wonders how good they'd be if they spent that time working on plays. Perhaps the most embarrassing incident happened halfway through the third quarter, when Steelers quarterback Byron Leftwich appeared to fumble the ball on a pass attempt, and Kansas City linebacker Justin Houston returned the allegedly fumbled football for a defensive touchdown. After reviewing the play, referee Carl Cheffers decreed that Leftwich had actually thrown an incomplete pass. However, the penalty given to the Chiefs for their group celebration in the end zone would stand. It turned a Pittsburgh forth down into a Pittsburgh first down, and added 15 yards to the Steelers' drive. So, yes ... the Chiefs were penalized for celebrating a touchdown that did not*technically*exist. Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel, who had to threaten his entire team with benchings last week because the turnover ratio was so out of hand, was back at it in response to this recent lack of fundamentals. This time, Crennel had to crack down on dancing ... like some sort of modern-day Reverend Shaw Moore . Question was, where did all this ridiculousness come from? "I have no idea," Crennel told Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star on Tuesday.. "It was a surprise to me to see some of those celebrations, per se. The rules are explicit about no celebrating, particularly group celebrations. You cannot have those. Our guys, they know the rules and they should not have done it. I will talk to my players about that, and I don't expect it to happen again." Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe could have been penalized on an apparent touchdown reception earlier in the third quarter, when he held the ball out in a clear taunting gesture as he was going into the end zone. Fortunately for Bowe, we guess, left tackle Branden Albert was flagged for holding, and the touchdown was negated. The call against Albert was ticky-tack at best and wouldn't have held up under close scrutiny, but that's beside the point. This is a team that was 1-7 at the time, acting like they were on the right side of a Super Bowl blowout. Just who the heck do these guys think they are?

More...