Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bowe Wants to Stay in KC now

Default Bowe Wants to Stay in KC now

Bowe says he wants to stay in KC - AFC West Blog - ESPN

Apparently Bowe has said in an interview that he doesnt want to leave KC ... I'll believe it when I see him sign a long term deal for a reasonable amount of $$.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    LOL. You guys are funny. Bowe is has about 1/3 of the receptions and yards for the Chiefs. He's on the pace of almost 100 receptions and about 1200 yards. On arguably the WORST team in the NFL! He's on pace to have his 3rd 1000 yard season in a row.

So he's dropped some passes. Now you want to say he's not clutch. Do you really expect him to catch EVERY clutch pass? If you do, you're living in a fantasy world!

Funny how you all can remember the few dropped passes but not remember all the GREAT ONES he's had.............
    No one is saying that Bowe isn't really good. All that is being said is that he doesn't always play up to his talent. Is QB a part of that yes it is. I will also go farther and say that coaching is anther huge part of it. But Bowe gets some of that blame as well. He's not a huge part of the reason that this season has gone the way that it has but he is a part of it just like everyone else on the team.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Imo Bowe is one of my least worries as to why were one win.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Yes, I'm all for him staying. He is not worth top 10 money. Okay, let me just say-it's my opinion that he's not worth top ten money at that position. The argument can and will be made both ways.

Why is Breaston not in the lineup? Last year was his second best year with 61 catches and 785 yards. thats with Cassel/Palko/ Orton.

Baldwin has 16 catches for 224 and no TD's this year.
    I don't get it.
    I call it the Kansas England Browns effect. Pioli, Crennel & Daboll have successfully turned a great batch of recievers into nothing, the same way they turned a great secondary into doo-doo.

If Vermeil & Saunders had this same batch of recievers...imagine what could've been accomplished. If Marty had these guys, they might not've had stellar numbers but highlight films would be showing them doing some amazing blocks. That was one big rule with Schottenheimer - everyone blocks, period.

McCluster, who is a fantastic player, is just not suited for his role. IMHO he should've been put back on special teams where he could've done some Dante Hall-like damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    LOL. You guys are funny. Bowe is has about 1/3 of the receptions and yards for the Chiefs. He's on the pace of almost 100 receptions and about 1200 yards. On arguably the WORST team in the NFL! He's on pace to have his 3rd 1000 yard season in a row.

So he's dropped some passes. Now you want to say he's not clutch. Do you really expect him to catch EVERY clutch pass? If you do, you're living in a fantasy world!

Funny how you all can remember the few dropped passes but not remember all the GREAT ONES he's had.............
    Dude, you have been a member of this board far too long to post something like this. Dropped passes has been one of the main knocking points on Bowe since he came here. I can point to literally hundreds of posts of people talking about his dropped passes since he has been here.

Bowe's problem is not so much clutch passes that he drops, and he drops plenty of those, it is the passes that are thrown PERFECTLY that he drops. If you throw a horrible pass at the sideline that is acrobatic, Bowe catches those, but throw him a Charmin Tissue pass right into his hands and he will drop that pass nearly each and every time.

If Bowe will accept a reasonable amount of money and stay, AND if he would stop being lazy about his workouts, then I would be more than willing to have him stay on the team.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Trade deadline has come and gone. After the end of the season, he is a free agent, so we dont have the option of trading him, unless we put the franchise tag on him. If we were to do that, then he becomes extremely difficult to trade because he would be very expensive for a 1 year contract.
    Yea, I posted before I though. Sorry. I will be honest, I have not kept up on this team this year like I have in the past. Just not into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Dude, you have been a member of this board far too long to post something like this. Dropped passes has been one of the main knocking points on Bowe since he came here. I can point to literally hundreds of posts of people talking about his dropped passes since he has been here.

Bowe's problem is not so much clutch passes that he drops, and he drops plenty of those, it is the passes that are thrown PERFECTLY that he drops. If you throw a horrible pass at the sideline that is acrobatic, Bowe catches those, but throw him a Charmin Tissue pass right into his hands and he will drop that pass nearly each and every time.

If Bowe will accept a reasonable amount of money and stay, AND if he would stop being lazy about his workouts, then I would be more than willing to have him stay on the team.
    THIS

Bowe can make some catches that Amazes you. You will sit there and can't believe your eyes then he can do what we saw on Monday night drop some easy ones. That hurts the team. Right before the half monday night he dropped on that would have kept a drive going. If he had caught that pass maybe we get a field goal. And there is no OT. That's the thing with Bowe your saying IF way to often with someone with his talent. Bowe is a victim sometimes but he hurts on others. I have to consider the coaching he has had since he has been in KC and think that might have something to do with it. He hasn't really had great coaching. But Some of this does fall on MR Bowe as well.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Yep, the ones that leave you scratching your head and wondering WTH?

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Yea, I posted before I though. Sorry. I will be honest, I have not kept up on this team this year like I have in the past. Just not into it.
    Trade deadline or not, this is not baseball. A player not under contract is not worth what they are in MLB. A team that is in the hunt for a super bowl would need to have to have a need for a wide receiver in order to make that trade. And honestly, the pick you would get for a player like that would not be much.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123