Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowe Wants to Stay in KC now

Default Bowe Wants to Stay in KC now

Bowe says he wants to stay in KC - AFC West Blog - ESPN

Apparently Bowe has said in an interview that he doesnt want to leave KC ... I'll believe it when I see him sign a long term deal for a reasonable amount of $$.

We need him.

D. Bowe is having that type of season where that franchise tag is looking good next year. His dropped passes are doing him no good on the open market. Especially those dropped passes at key moments in the game- and no it's not that he is getting throws from Cassel. We've all seen the "in the numbers" drops, remember Oakland at home last year? clutch WR?, NOT! yes, he makes that one great catch now and then...what am I saying that everyone does not already know? Good player, not worth top money.

With Baldwin not making any progress, McCuster looking like a failed experiment and Breaston not even in the lineup, I think we need Bowe to stay

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    With Baldwin not making any progress, McCuster looking like a failed experiment and Breaston not even in the lineup, I think we need Bowe to stay
    Yes, I'm all for him staying. He is not worth top 10 money. Okay, let me just say-it's my opinion that he's not worth top ten money at that position. The argument can and will be made both ways.

Why is Breaston not in the lineup? Last year was his second best year with 61 catches and 785 yards. thats with Cassel/Palko/ Orton.

Baldwin has 16 catches for 224 and no TD's this year.
    I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Yes, I'm all for him staying. He is not worth top 10 money. Okay, let me just say-it's my opinion that he's not worth top ten money at that position. The argument can and will be made both ways.

Why is Breaston not in the lineup? Last year was his second best year with 61 catches and 785 yards. thats with Cassel/Palko/ Orton.

Baldwin has 16 catches for 224 and no TD's this year.
    I don't get it.
    Daboll is an idiot. You can't make sense of it.

The problem with Bowe is that he is a possession guy, not a burner. Critical to being a good possession receiver is having good hands. Unfortunately he does not. So do you give Top 5 money to a possession receiver that yearly is one of the leaders in dropped passes?

The problem the Chiefs have is that Bowe is their best WR even after taking the drops into account.

whatever - what i love to watch is when bowe makes a catch, and someone tries to tackle the guy, and winds up bouncing right off of him. i hope he stays- because one way or another hes one of the only damn targets we have left... for whoever the brass decides to step up and take the snaps.

I never really had an issue with Bowe till he held out of camp this year. If your going to do that then you have better show that the team can't go on without you. I don't think that's the case. He has dropped passes and just be silent in games this year. He is not on the hook 100% for that as the QB play has not been good at all. But he is a much better talent then what he's showing on the field this year. Bowe has shown glimpses of being one of the best WRs in the NFL. Then he has games like Monday night dropping some big passes that could keep drives going. And the game against Tampa where the backup TE outplayed Bowe. He just isn't consistent enough to be paid the money he was asking. And the holding out of camp did nothing good for him or the team.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

LOL. You guys are funny. Bowe is has about 1/3 of the receptions and yards for the Chiefs. He's on the pace of almost 100 receptions and about 1200 yards. On arguably the WORST team in the NFL! He's on pace to have his 3rd 1000 yard season in a row.

So he's dropped some passes. Now you want to say he's not clutch. Do you really expect him to catch EVERY clutch pass? If you do, you're living in a fantasy world!

Funny how you all can remember the few dropped passes but not remember all the GREAT ONES he's had.............
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The problem with Bowe is that he is a possession guy, not a burner. Critical to being a good possession receiver is having good hands. Unfortunately he does not. So do you give Top 5 money to a possession receiver that yearly is one of the leaders in dropped passes?

The problem the Chiefs have is that Bowe is their best WR even after taking the drops into account.
    And not only is he the best, he's clearly on a different level from anyone else they have...though a good quarterback would make all our WRs look better, and Bowe would definitely be top 5 in terms of yards/TDs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast