vs.
    Cincinnati Bengals (5-4)

Sunday, November 18, 12:00PM Central Time

at

Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, KS

on CBS

Watch online: Kansas City Chiefs vs Cincinnati Bengals Live Stream Online
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Team Leaders
    Chiefs
    Offense:

Passing
    Matt Cassel

153-261, 1703 yds, 6 TDs, 12 INTs

Rushing
    Jamaal Charles

155 carries, 734 yds, 3 TDs

Receiving
    Dwayne Bowe

49 rec, 626 yds, 3 TDs

Defense:
    Tackles
    Derrick Johnson

78 tackles (67 solo)

Sacks
    Justin Houston

7 sacks

Interceptions
    Brandon Flowers

and Stanford Routt (released)

2 INTs each

Full team stats

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Team Leaders
    Bengals
    Offense:

Passing
    Andy Dalton

203-305, 2329 yds, 18 TDs, 11 INTs

Rushing
    BenJarvis Green-Ellis

157 carries, 537 yds, 3 TDs

Receiving
    A. J. Green

58 rec, 820 yds, 9 TDs

Defense:
    Tackles
    Rey Maualuga

77 tackles (37 solo)

Sacks
    Geno Atkins

7 sacks

Interceptions
    Terrence Newman

and Chris Crocker

2 INTs each

Full team stats

Notable Quotables
    Chiefs:
    "With the record that we have, we really can't afford to be dancing or anything like that."

—Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel on the actions of some of his players in Monday night's loss to Pittsburgh, when K.C. received an excessive celebration penalty.

Bengals: "I don't want an offensive lineman of the week award because they would do the same thing as the Pro Bowl, all those guys get picked in the Top 5 will win it every week whether they play good or not. That's how those things go."

—OT Andrew Whitworth when asked if there will ever be an Offensive Lineman of the Week award.

Spread: Chargers by 3, Over/Under 43.5

Game Day Forcast: Mostly Cloudy, 57 Degrees

ESPN Preview
    Cincinnati Bengals vs. Kansas City Chiefs - Preview - November 18, 2012 - ESPN

After gaining a much-needed boost of confidence, the Cincinnati Bengals have a prime chance to lift their playoff hopes.

The Bengals would appear to have a favorable schedule over the next few weeks, beginning with Sunday's visit to the beleaguered Kansas City Chiefs.

Just when it seemed that it might continue its historic trend of inconsistency, Cincinnati pulled off a decisive 31-13 win over defending champion New York last Sunday. Andy Dalton threw a career-high four touchdowns while helping his team end a four-game losing streak, and the Bengals' defense forced four turnovers and sacked Eli Manning four times.

"That was huge for us," defensive tackle Domata Peko said. "We really needed that win. It was important because they're world champions and when you can compete against a team like that, it shows us we can compete against anybody."

Cincinnati has made back-to-back playoff appearances only once in franchise history (1981-82) and will get its chance to make a push toward achieving that goal over the ensuing weeks. The Bengals (4-5) will play their next five games against teams that are currently below .500.

Wide receiver A.J. Green, though, said Cincinnati is not taking this stretch lightly, and he pointed to a 34-24 loss at last-place Cleveland on Oct. 14 as evidence why the Bengals shouldn't.

"We can't look past anyone," Green told the team's official website. "This is the last part of the season and I feel like the game we had last Sunday gave us momentum. The best momentum to have is in the second half of the season."

Cincinnati would appear to have its chance for some momentum against the Chiefs (1-8), who have dropped six in a row. Kansas City has been outscored 157-78 during the losing streak, its longest in a single season since a seven-game slide Oct. 5-Nov. 23, 2008.

The Chiefs have produced 16 points or fewer in each of their last five games but nearly won in Pittsburgh on Monday night. Ryan Succop made a 46-yard field goal as time expired in regulation to tie it at 13-all, but Matt Cassel was intercepted on the second play in overtime, setting up the Steelers' game-winning kick.

"We're disappointed about the final result, but I really think our team played a much more competitive game overall than we have been playing," coach Romeo Crennel said. "We had some opportunities to win the game, but there are things we have to polish up and get correct so we can win the game."

With Brady Quinn not yet cleared to return from a concussion, the Chiefs will start Cassel again Sunday.

"Brady does feel better. I'm glad he's feeling better. But he hasn't been cleared to play yet," Crennel said. "I can't take the chance on practicing the guy and not having him ready."

Cassel missed one game earlier this season with a concussion of his own and had to fill in for Quinn when he exited a 26-16 loss to Oakland on Oct. 28.

Cassel has posted his lowest quarterback rating (66.6) in five seasons as a starter, and he has 12 interceptions to only six touchdowns in his eight games.

He was intercepted twice in his most recent matchup with Cincinnati on Dec. 27, 2009, and one of those sealed a 17-10 win for the Bengals. Kansas City's Jamaal Charles had 102 yards on 24 carries in that game and enters this one after reaching the 100-yard mark for the third time this season Monday.

Charles, who has 734 yards, gained 233 in the Chiefs' lone win Sept. 23 at New Orleans.

"He's a guy that has the ability to make people miss," Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis said.

The Bengals, who have won consecutive games in the series, are making their first trip to Kansas City since a 27-20 defeat Oct. 14, 2007.

Cincinnati, which has lost in six of its last eight visits, is hoping to have safety Reggie Nelson (hamstring) and rookie wide receiver Marvin Jones (knee) available for this matchup.

"Reggie and Marvin are getting pretty close," Lewis said. "They've worked extremely hard."

The Chiefs' receiving corps might be thin for this game. Jon Baldwin is getting tested for a concussion, and Dwayne Bowe -- tops on the team with 49 receptions, 626 yards and three TDs -- is also expected to be limited in practice this week due to an ailing thigh.

Bengals win 27-13

Game doesn't excite me enough to even care. Hope no one gets hurt but just don't g a f.

I know they aren't going to the playoffs, I know this and that sucks..blah, blah, blah. I just want to enjoy a game. I look forward to the game and am not going to dwell on the negative. Jamal did well against them previously so I would like to see him have a great day. I will sit proudly in my Trent green jersey at the pub and enjoy the game. I hope there are not a lot of people in black since I am sure the head office knows of the fans feelings about the situation. I'm sure people in China know, lol! Enjoy the game, kiss your wife and hug your kids! If the chiefs lose how many of us are really gonna be affected, I'm sure Dwayne bowe isn't gonna care if you have a bad week at work, lol! Go Chiefs!!!

So what is going on with the black out or w/e? I seen some song about how people aren't supposed to show up and if they do to wear black shirts? Any news on this that I'm missing in here?

The fans I follow on twitter that are at Arrowhead say the black is spotty at best. Keep in mind the Bengals jersey has a black base when watching tv today.

Here is link to the youtube vid

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast