Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My HC Endorsement: Kyle Shanahan

Default My HC Endorsement: Kyle Shanahan

Let me introduce you to a great head coach in waiting:

Kyle Shanahan, Age 32

The son of NFL head coach Mike Shanahan and currently the offensive coordinator for the Washington Redskins. He is the person responsible for RGIII's development and the brainchild behind the Redskin's offensive system that takes full advantage of their QB's skill-set.

Before being the OC for Washington, Kyle was the OC for the Houston Texans and Matt Shaub where, in 2009 his offense ranked 4th in the league. The Redskins currently rank 7th overall and his rookie QB currently enjoys a 93.1 QBR... good for 8th in the league.

Although his age would lead one to believe he lacks experience, he boasts 9+ seasons of NFL coaching experience with the past 3 being stellar work as an OC.

This is from NFL.com:

"The Redskins' offense has been the talk of the 2012 NFL season. Robert Griffin III has been outstanding, but the design of the Redskins' scheme has been terrific, as well. Kyle Shanahan is getting a lot of praise around the NFL for quickly developing RG3 and designing a creative offense to fit his skills."

AFC executive: "Kyle is extremely smart and he's excellent with quarterbacks. He has all of his dad's qualities and he's going to be a great head coach."

If the Chiefs are going to restart again, why not do it with one of the great young talents in the NFL? Create some stability with a young head coach who isn't too old to grow with the game and perhaps help innovate as the league progresses with the next generation.

There is little doubt that there will be calls for the old fallbacks of Gruden, Cowher, Schottenheimer, etc. but the NFL is quickly becoming an offense-first, QB driven league with rule after rule aimed at doing everything they can to help the offense. The average points per game are on the rise and a young offensive mind who can develop a top 3 overall pick at QB and design a system around him is the way to go when looking for the next Head Coach for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Imagine long-term stability at the head coaching position from a man who can not only anticipate change, but be part of the offensive innovation driving the league. Perhaps Ray Horton would be a nice name to pair as the Defensive Coordinator if Romeo Crennel does not stay in the fold.

No objections from me, as long as his dad doesn't black ball the afc west because of his history with us. We need a HC or at least an OC that has a history of developing QBs, since that is what we are lacking.

Its rg3. Its not a 3rd or 4th round pick.He has not developed a qb. Before rg3 the redskins have been in a worse qb situation then kansas city.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    Its rg3. Its not a 3rd or 4th round pick.He has not developed a qb. Before rg3 the redskins have been in a worse qb situation then kansas city.
    Uhhhh Matt scchaub...... He had Rex Grossman in Washington before rgiii r u serious about that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    What skill players on the redskins are better than ours. Lost their TE and resigned one they cut,Pierre garçon has been hurt all year, so they have Santana moss and the eh Morris.....they are number 8 in the league with way less talent than we have. Seriously...... Name one coach that isn't on tv right now or isnt 70 yrs old.

This is his first year in Washington and had Matt Shaub his first two years as an OC... not exactly a poor record with QBs, even if one happens to be RGIII.

I too say that at least with RG3 he got an awesome qb who was very nfl ready. U don't see one of him or Luck in this years draft, so can he develop a qb who isn't as talented? His offensive numbers do seem impressive though.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

ANYONE but the guys who are currently on the staff and Todd haley or Herm edwards
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Maybe he could bring a QB with him Cousins hasn't looked bad at all
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

No frikin way!!! Not any shannahan!!!! Not ever!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast