Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: fans being kicked out of Arrowhead for 'Fire Scott Pioli' signs

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,072
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 46

    Default fans being kicked out of Arrowhead for 'Fire Scott Pioli' signs


    0 Not allowed!


    "Please do not give my compliments to the Chefs," say Kansas City fans. "Take your business elsewhere," replies Scott Pioli.

    Any sign calling for the firing of the Chiefs general manager is being confiscated, or the fan risks being kicked out of the stadium for the day. A representative of "Save Our Chiefs" was temporarily detained by Arrowhead Stadium security and was told to stop passing out fliers or he would have to leave. There was a well-coordinated "blackout" by fans in protest of the Chiefs' awful performance this season and it would have looked great if the stands were at least 50% full.

    Maybe we can assume that the stands are so empty because there are just that many people that want to express their feelings about Pioli and maybe there's just not much to see today with the 1-8 Chiefs hosting the 4-5 Bengals. What we know for sure is that the fans feel that their first amendment rights have been violated (they likely haven't) and that the Chiefs have not exercised their right to bear an arm at quarterback in a very long time.

    source

    should we vote??? or protest and off we go in the paddy wagon
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,784
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    This team should be more worried about the losing that is going on then what the signs fans bring say. UGGGGH I don't like more and more what I'm hereing from this team. We are back in 2008
    ​BAN ROY


  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,072
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    "Take your business elsewhere," that's really arrogant. lets see if Hunt chimes in
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This team should be more worried about the losing that is going on then what the signs fans bring say. UGGGGH I don't like more and more what I'm hereing from this team. We are back in 2008
    Given Piolis antics I'd say we're worse than 08. It's a process...

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg FL
    Posts
    331
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    And they've given permission to the National Guard to shoot down any planes carrying any banners near the stadium.....
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 754

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    And they've given permission to the National Guard to shoot down any planes carrying any banners near the stadium.....
    Well...suppose it could marketed as a free airshow to the fans. David Glass would do that in a heartbeat.

    Did this actually happen, did a guy get detained? Or is it just BS posted on facebook? Did anyone here see this happen, or see anyone passing out flyers?

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,072
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    the 509th bomb wing is stationed at whiteman AFB just outside KC. B-2's swoping down on arrowhead ????
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,072
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Well...suppose it could marketed as a free airshow to the fans. David Glass would do that in a heartbeat.

    Did this actually happen, did a guy get detained? Or is it just BS posted on facebook? Did anyone here see this happen, or see anyone passing out flyers?
    yep. from a facebook fan:

    Police stopped me in the parking lot and temporarily detained me. Told me to stop passing out flyers or I would be kicked out. Apparently our first ammendment rights end at the gate when we pay for parking.

    It was time to go in anyway but WOW. The SGT that talked to me said he was briefed to stop all flyer handouts.
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,985
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Now hold up... I am not supporting Pioli but, this isn't anything new... The Chiefs have always confiscated material being passed around in the parking lot. I have seen them shut down people for years. The parking situation is what bothered me the most which casued me to not renew my tickets. I have complained to the Chiefs more than once about their parking procedures. I have seen them specailly hit the peoplt passing out free beads...

    The reponse the Chiefs gave, was that the people handing out flyers were holding up traffic. While many say, NO there was no traffic, this is still their procedure regardless of the content on the flyer. Any flyer being handed out needs to be approved by the Chiefs and done while entering the gate to pay.

    I have heard people call in saying they had Fire the Walrus, Fire Pioli on signs that they were allowed to take in. People had to take off their Paper bags as they entered just for security, but were not refrained from using it after they got in.

    So while many may want to see this as Pioli controlling what people can and can not say. The people organizing it were not turned away becuase of the content but rather how they chose to distribute their opinion. It is not different from any other Sunday at Arrowhead. Even though the Chiefs delay traffic more than any passout by forcing people to follow a single file line to Park where the Chiefs want them to park instead of tailgating in their know spot where everyone can find them without have to call in freezing cold winter where Touch phones wont answer unless you take off your gloves.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Now hold up... I am not supporting Pioli but, this isn't anything new... The Chiefs have always confiscated material being passed around in the parking lot. I have seen them shut down people for years. The parking situation is what bothered me the most which casued me to not renew my tickets. I have complained to the Chiefs more than once about their parking procedures. I have seen them specailly hit the peoplt passing out free beads...

    The reponse the Chiefs gave, was that the people handing out flyers were holding up traffic. While many say, NO there was no traffic, this is still their procedure regardless of the content on the flyer. Any flyer being handed out needs to be approved by the Chiefs and done while entering the gate to pay.

    I have heard people call in saying they had Fire the Walrus, Fire Pioli on signs that they were allowed to take in. People had to take off their Paper bags as they entered just for security, but were not refrained from using it after they got in.

    So while many may want to see this as Pioli controlling what people can and can not say. The people organizing it were not turned away becuase of the content but rather how they chose to distribute their opinion. It is not different from any other Sunday at Arrowhead. Even though the Chiefs delay traffic more than any passout by forcing people to follow a single file line to Park where the Chiefs want them to park instead of tailgating in their know spot where everyone can find them without have to call in freezing cold winter where Touch phones wont answer unless you take off your gloves.
    I'll agree with you on that part but if this other part is true... "Any sign calling for the firing of the Chiefs general manager is being confiscated, or the fan risks being kicked out of the stadium for the day."

    Signs are held up all the time at games. I saw some "Fire Pioli" signs in pictures inside the stadium so I'm thinking this is just some fabrication. If not I want to know why the signs were taken. Other than...big, bad brother Pioli had security take them..yeah that's it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Scott Pioli...a genius!
    By nigeriannightmare in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 06:50 PM
  2. Thank you Scott Pioli
    By #58ChiefsFan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 12:50 PM
  3. scott pioli live
    By whackojacko58 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2012, 10:26 PM
  4. Gradecard: Scott Pioli - D
    By Bike in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 05:16 PM
  5. If you could ask Scott Pioli one question...what would it be?
    By Connie Jo in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 12:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •