Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fans being kicked out of Arrowhead for 'Fire Scott Pioli' signs

Default fans being kicked out of Arrowhead for 'Fire Scott Pioli' signs

"Please do not give my compliments to the Chefs," say Kansas City fans. "Take your business elsewhere," replies Scott Pioli.

Any sign calling for the firing of the Chiefs general manager is being confiscated, or the fan risks being kicked out of the stadium for the day. A representative of "Save Our Chiefs" was temporarily detained by Arrowhead Stadium security and was told to stop passing out fliers or he would have to leave. There was a well-coordinated "blackout" by fans in protest of the Chiefs' awful performance this season and it would have looked great if the stands were at least 50% full.

Maybe we can assume that the stands are so empty because there are just that many people that want to express their feelings about Pioli and maybe there's just not much to see today with the 1-8 Chiefs hosting the 4-5 Bengals. What we know for sure is that the fans feel that their first amendment rights have been violated (they likely haven't) and that the Chiefs have not exercised their right to bear an arm at quarterback in a very long time.

source

should we vote??? or protest and off we go in the paddy wagon
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

This team should be more worried about the losing that is going on then what the signs fans bring say. UGGGGH I don't like more and more what I'm hereing from this team. We are back in 2008
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

"Take your business elsewhere," that's really arrogant. lets see if Hunt chimes in
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This team should be more worried about the losing that is going on then what the signs fans bring say. UGGGGH I don't like more and more what I'm hereing from this team. We are back in 2008
    Given Piolis antics I'd say we're worse than 08. It's a process...

And they've given permission to the National Guard to shoot down any planes carrying any banners near the stadium.....
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    And they've given permission to the National Guard to shoot down any planes carrying any banners near the stadium.....
    Well...suppose it could marketed as a free airshow to the fans. David Glass would do that in a heartbeat.

Did this actually happen, did a guy get detained? Or is it just BS posted on facebook? Did anyone here see this happen, or see anyone passing out flyers?

the 509th bomb wing is stationed at whiteman AFB just outside KC. B-2's swoping down on arrowhead ????

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Well...suppose it could marketed as a free airshow to the fans. David Glass would do that in a heartbeat.

Did this actually happen, did a guy get detained? Or is it just BS posted on facebook? Did anyone here see this happen, or see anyone passing out flyers?
    yep. from a facebook fan:

Police stopped me in the parking lot and temporarily detained me. Told me to stop passing out flyers or I would be kicked out. Apparently our first ammendment rights end at the gate when we pay for parking.

It was time to go in anyway but WOW. The SGT that talked to me said he was briefed to stop all flyer handouts.

Now hold up... I am not supporting Pioli but, this isn't anything new... The Chiefs have always confiscated material being passed around in the parking lot. I have seen them shut down people for years. The parking situation is what bothered me the most which casued me to not renew my tickets. I have complained to the Chiefs more than once about their parking procedures. I have seen them specailly hit the peoplt passing out free beads...

The reponse the Chiefs gave, was that the people handing out flyers were holding up traffic. While many say, NO there was no traffic, this is still their procedure regardless of the content on the flyer. Any flyer being handed out needs to be approved by the Chiefs and done while entering the gate to pay.

I have heard people call in saying they had Fire the Walrus, Fire Pioli on signs that they were allowed to take in. People had to take off their Paper bags as they entered just for security, but were not refrained from using it after they got in.

So while many may want to see this as Pioli controlling what people can and can not say. The people organizing it were not turned away becuase of the content but rather how they chose to distribute their opinion. It is not different from any other Sunday at Arrowhead. Even though the Chiefs delay traffic more than any passout by forcing people to follow a single file line to Park where the Chiefs want them to park instead of tailgating in their know spot where everyone can find them without have to call in freezing cold winter where Touch phones wont answer unless you take off your gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Now hold up... I am not supporting Pioli but, this isn't anything new... The Chiefs have always confiscated material being passed around in the parking lot. I have seen them shut down people for years. The parking situation is what bothered me the most which casued me to not renew my tickets. I have complained to the Chiefs more than once about their parking procedures. I have seen them specailly hit the peoplt passing out free beads...

The reponse the Chiefs gave, was that the people handing out flyers were holding up traffic. While many say, NO there was no traffic, this is still their procedure regardless of the content on the flyer. Any flyer being handed out needs to be approved by the Chiefs and done while entering the gate to pay.

I have heard people call in saying they had Fire the Walrus, Fire Pioli on signs that they were allowed to take in. People had to take off their Paper bags as they entered just for security, but were not refrained from using it after they got in.

So while many may want to see this as Pioli controlling what people can and can not say. The people organizing it were not turned away becuase of the content but rather how they chose to distribute their opinion. It is not different from any other Sunday at Arrowhead. Even though the Chiefs delay traffic more than any passout by forcing people to follow a single file line to Park where the Chiefs want them to park instead of tailgating in their know spot where everyone can find them without have to call in freezing cold winter where Touch phones wont answer unless you take off your gloves.
    I'll agree with you on that part but if this other part is true... "Any sign calling for the firing of the Chiefs general manager is being confiscated, or the fan risks being kicked out of the stadium for the day."

Signs are held up all the time at games. I saw some "Fire Pioli" signs in pictures inside the stadium so I'm thinking this is just some fabrication. If not I want to know why the signs were taken. Other than...big, bad brother Pioli had security take them..yeah that's it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast