Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Cassel done ??

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,044
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

    Default Cassel done ??


    0 Not allowed!


    from NFL.com

    Matt Cassel and the Kansas City Chiefs were floundering again Sunday. At a certain point, the next chapter in a troubled marriage became inevitable.
    Coach Romeo Crennel brought out the hook early in the third quarter, benching Cassel with the Chiefs facing a 15-point deficit against the Cincinnati Bengals. It was the end of Cassel's day -- and quite possibly his Chiefs career.

    Cassel went 8-of-16 passing for 93 yards over seven Chiefs possessions before he was pulled in favor of Brady Quinn. Cassel's replacement didn't fare much better in the 28-6 loss, but that might not matter at this point. Crennel already showed his hand last month. Had Quinn not suffered a concussion back in Week 8, Cassel already would've been out of the equation.

    Barring another Quinn injury, Cassel is unlikely to sniff the field again.

    One of general manager Scott Pioli's first orders of business upon joining the Chiefs was to bring Cassel over from the New England Patriots. Pioli got an up-close and personal look at how well Cassel performed after replacing an injured Tom Brady in 2008. The Patriots went 11-5 without their MVP, and Pioli saw Cassel as the type of player who could bring similar success to the Chiefs.
    It hasn't worked out that way. Cassel was efficient in one run to the playoffs with the Chiefs in 2010. But on balance, the Chiefs' attack has been flat with Cassel at the reins. The team has gone 19-28 in Cassel starts.

    Cassel deserves to lose his job. You can say the same thing about the man who brought him to Arrowhead.

    link

    im not a hater but like many on here I think its time for him to go IMO
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,597
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Cassel supporters will never admit he sucks. It is always somebody else's fault.
    And the haters make EVERYTHING his fault. Anyone who dares to call out the others is labled an excuse maker ect.

    The fact is more is wrong with this team then the QB. The QB is wrong And 99.9% of the people here freely admit that. But when WRs drop Catchable passes common sense would tell you the WR dropped the ball and the QB can't catch the ball for the guy. Cassel was getting blamed for the HORRIBLE defense early this season. It's amazing what people blame the man for. Cassel at times has done his part only to be the victim of poor play around him. And it's been the other way around others have been victim of Cassel's poor play. (granted that's more often then the other way around) and every player has been victim of this horrible (and that's being nice) coaching staff.

    And to be 100% clear I WANT A NEW QB next season. I don't want Cassel back as the starter. But this notion that some have that if Cassel was gone every thing would be so much better and the chiefs would be winning is just not true. Romeo and Daboll would still be running the offense. A "franchise qb" would make them look better but they wouldn't make them look great. No force on earth can do that. We might be around .500 with a "franchise qb" but we wouldn't be heading to where we want to be. No matter how much some want to deny it Matt Cassel isn't our biggest problem the coaching staff is. Cassel is the biggest player problem but coaching is the biggest issue with this team and there are more player problems that are big problems then the QB. like CB d line it's not making excuses for Cassel it's looking at the whole problem not just one of the big problems and constantly going on and on about it.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,956
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    And the haters make EVERYTHING his fault. Anyone who dares to call out the others is labled an excuse maker ect.

    The fact is more is wrong with this team then the QB. The QB is wrong And 99.9% of the people here freely admit that. But when WRs drop Catchable passes common sense would tell you the WR dropped the ball and the QB can't catch the ball for the guy. Cassel was getting blamed for the HORRIBLE defense early this season. It's amazing what people blame the man for. Cassel at times has done his part only to be the victim of poor play around him. And it's been the other way around others have been victim of Cassel's poor play. (granted that's more often then the other way around) and every player has been victim of this horrible (and that's being nice) coaching staff.

    And to be 100% clear I WANT A NEW QB next season. I don't want Cassel back as the starter. But this notion that some have that if Cassel was gone every thing would be so much better and the chiefs would be winning is just not true. Romeo and Daboll would still be running the offense. A "franchise qb" would make them look better but they wouldn't make them look great. No force on earth can do that. We might be around .500 with a "franchise qb" but we wouldn't be heading to where we want to be. No matter how much some want to deny it Matt Cassel isn't our biggest problem the coaching staff is. Cassel is the biggest player problem but coaching is the biggest issue with this team and there are more player problems that are big problems then the QB. like CB d line it's not making excuses for Cassel it's looking at the whole problem not just one of the big problems and constantly going on and on about it.
    WRs are going to drop passes. O-line's are going to give up sacks. Defenses are going to give up points. It doesn't matter what team it is, it happens everywhere. Hell, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers suffer from two of the worst drop rates in the league. Rodgers' O-line is terrible.

    Watch Kaepernick's game from MNF against the Bears. The 49ers WRs dropped about 3 passes, the O-line allowed pressure. He scrambled around and made plays. Kaepernick is 1 year removed from college and his game is light years ahead of Cassel. He's accurate, he throws a deep ball, and he moves around very well in the pocket.

    Don't look at what everyone around Cassel is or isn't doing. Watch NFL Game Rewind. Cassel's film is as bad as it gets for an NFL QB.

    Put better, replace Cassel with a QB that can lead this team down the field and actually score touchdowns, not turn over the ball 20+ times, and this team is probably at least a .500 team. When Matt Cassel is in the game, I know that there is about a 90% chance that he isn't going to lead the team down the field for a touchdown. He misses open receivers. He's inaccurate. He doesn't move around in the pocket well, so much so that his first move is to typically tuck and run when his first read is covered. It's basic stuff that most NFL QBs can do that he fails at!

    The Chiefs have scored a league low 152 points this year, an average of 15.2 per game. I mean, Blaine Gabbert and John Skelton/Kevin Kolb offenses average more points than this.

    We have the worst quarterback in the league on our team. An upgrade at this position instantly makes this team extremely better. This team has other flaw, sure. But not having a good quarterback is preventing this team from being in the playoff hunt year in and year out.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 11-20-2012 at 02:56 AM.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,956
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    And yes, I agree with you. The coaching staff is the 2nd biggest problem with this team. Daboll has never had an offense that is better than like the top 20 in the league.

    Sorry, I didn't read your whole post.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,597
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    WRs are going drop passes. O-line's are going to give up sacks. Defenses are going to give up points. It doesn't matter what team it is, it happens everywhere. Hell, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers suffer from two of the worst drop rates in the league. Rodgers' O-line is terrible.

    Watch Kaepernick's game from MNF against the Bears. The 49ers WRs dropped about 3 passes, the O-line allowed pressure. He scrambled around and made plays. Kaepernick is 1 year removed from college and his game is light years ahead of Cassel. He's accurate, he throws a deep ball, and he moves around very well in the pocket.

    Don't look at what everyone around Cassel is or isn't doing. Watch NFL Game Rewind. Cassel's film is as bad as it gets for an NFL QB.

    Put better, replace Cassel with a QB that can lead this team down the field and actually score touchdowns, not turn over the ball 20+ times, and this team is probably at least a .500 team. When Matt Cassel is in the game, I know that there is about a 90% chance that he isn't going to lead the team down the field for a touchdown. He misses open receivers. He's inaccurate. He doesn't move around in the pocket well, so much so that his first move is to typically tuck and run when his first read is covered. It's basic stuff that most NFL QBs can do that he fails at!

    The Chiefs have scored a league low 152 points this year, an average of 15.2 per game. I mean, Blaine Gabbert and John Skelton/Kevin Kolb offenses average more points than this.

    We have the worst quarterback in the league on our team. An upgrade at this position instantly makes this team extremely better. This team has other flaw, sure. But not having a good quarterback is preventing this team from being in the playoff hunt year in and year out.
    While I will again state that we would have more then 1 win with a better QB We would be lucky to see this team at .500

    The offense can't score that hurts but the defense hasn't stopped to many people either. they are in the bottom 5 in points allowed. Yes the turnovers are a part of that and a good part but that doesn't excuse the HORRIBLE defense we have seen at times this year. The first 2 weeks are a prime example Granny on a walker could have gone out and scored on this team. It didn't matter if we gave the other team a short field or a long field they were just going through this defense like a hot knife through butter. THAT'S NOT THE QB'S FAULT. And if you think it is then I want to here you say Geno Smith was the reason his team lost last weekend. I have a feeling you wouldn't agree with that statement

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,597
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    And yes, I agree with you. The coaching staff is the 2nd biggest problem with this team. Daboll has never had an offense that is better than like the top 20 in the league.

    Sorry, I didn't read your whole post.
    I stick with the coaching as the 1st. After all who makes the call on if Cassel gets benched or not??????? Qb might have been what pushed us over the cliff but the coaching staff is what took is to where we would hanging on by a thread before falling off the cliff

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    While I will again state that we would have more then 1 win with a better QB We would be lucky to see this team at .500

    The offense can't score that hurts but the defense hasn't stopped to many people either. they are in the bottom 5 in points allowed. Yes the turnovers are a part of that and a good part but that doesn't excuse the HORRIBLE defense we have seen at times this year. The first 2 weeks are a prime example Granny on a walker could have gone out and scored on this team. It didn't matter if we gave the other team a short field or a long field they were just going through this defense like a hot knife through butter. THAT'S NOT THE QB'S FAULT. And if you think it is then I want to here you say Geno Smith was the reason his team lost last weekend. I have a feeling you wouldn't agree with that statement

    The problem is if the defense gives up a td or WR does drop a ball, that's it. Might as well turn a movie on from your dvr because you know Cassel will NEVER, EVER offset anything done bad by his teammates. You see great qb's do it all of the time, Steelers get pushed back to third and 12, and you see Big Ben throw a 16 yard strike, you saw it today with Kaepernick (Spelling) throwing passes all over the field. Manning is down 24 to frickin 0 and comes back and beats Chargers by double digits, and you keep talking about "dropped balls." I like you Matt, but how long are you going to blame Cassel's awful performances on dropped balls? As Ryfo said WR will drop balls, they do on every team, it's up to the QB to offset some of the bad play of his teammates. That's why he is getting paid all of that fat money. Cassel is and never has been capable to do that. That is why you see such an awful record when we pass more than we run.

    Even in the Saints game when we made a come back it was primarily due to Jamaal Charles breaking 80 yard runs.

    You will never see him for a full game play brilliantly and keep his team in the game, it's always flat pass this, 5 yard out route that.

    There is a reason he was signed to a long term HUGE MONEY deal, to be THE guy, and the sad thing is he isn't. What a blunder by Pioli.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 11-20-2012 at 05:25 AM.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NKC
    Posts
    252
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Our QB woes began on September 10, 2006 and will not end until we get serious about either drafting or buying another "good" one. I don't even care if he's "elite" as long as he's good.

    They should start playing Stanzi. We can't win with either of the other two hacks so WTF, why not let the kid play? At least we would find out if we need to replace just two of them or all three.

    An elite coach with a good QB will end this entire discussion, put smiles on faces and asses in the seats for years to come.
    Last edited by reded; 11-20-2012 at 08:11 AM.

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SBV_Eagle_Bull View Post
    Matt Cassel, a man with a lot of pressure going into this season. Personally I saw a man, who's career was on the line. He knew he had to perform with the ELITE status of a Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers this season. Cassel not only fell short, but set records on turnovers, and got the blame for his recievers not catching the ball. Cassel may depart from KC soon. But I will always remember him as a leader of the CHIEFS. He had to stand tall in positions QBs could just not handle. If Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, and any other Elite Qb in the NFL had to learn 5 playbooks in 4 years. They would of *****ed, complained, and flat out threw fits. (like a qb does). Maybe I'm just full of **** and want to defend Cassel. Or maybe next time your at work, think of what you do, and the process you go through to do your job, Then I want you to think if that process had to change everytime you just got used to it. Then think of new manangment coming in. They obviously do things a lot different. So you have to change your style and attitude. Cassel was set up to fail, He may had the support from ol' Pioli, but Pioli set him up to fail. Its simple as that. Cassel was a great QB in the works, He proved that in NE. and here in KC in the 2010 season. To many bad moves by managment were made.(charlie weiss).... As for the rest of the season give stanzi a shot, dont leave him out, maybe we can get ol trick shot a chance. Overall I LOVE the CHIEFS, and always will. And I support any QB thats under center. I just want another win this season, And I hope its against the broncos on thanksgiving. GO CHIEFS

    PS I support all moves made by this organization, its their club, I'm just to loyal to give up on my chiefs. cause of a few bad decisions. This franchise is the best in the NFL, And US as fans prove that every sunday. GO CHIEFS
    If your day in and day out job changed then I'd agree with you. When your job is the same but the processes change then it's your fault for not getting the job done.

    I'm a software programmer. Process change for me every month for what I do. I can still code and do my job. Now I'll give it to him that maybe there's some learning curve but it's only slightly. We're not asking him to be a QB this year after making him be a RB, WR and kicker the three years before.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,765
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Has anyone noticed that pittsburghs number2 and number 3 would probably start here. How come we can't have depth like that.

    And Byron leftwich played that game with two fractured ribs before u say he stinks, that guy is tough as nails man.

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,597
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    The problem is if the defense gives up a td or WR does drop a ball, that's it. Might as well turn a movie on from your dvr because you know Cassel will NEVER, EVER offset anything done bad by his teammates. You see great qb's do it all of the time, Steelers get pushed back to third and 12, and you see Big Ben throw a 16 yard strike, you saw it today with Kaepernick (Spelling) throwing passes all over the field. Manning is down 24 to frickin 0 and comes back and beats Chargers by double digits, and you keep talking about "dropped balls." I like you Matt, but how long are you going to blame Cassel's awful performances on dropped balls? As Ryfo said WR will drop balls, they do on every team, it's up to the QB to offset some of the bad play of his teammates. That's why he is getting paid all of that fat money. Cassel is and never has been capable to do that. That is why you see such an awful record when we pass more than we run.

    Even in the Saints game when we made a come back it was primarily due to Jamaal Charles breaking 80 yard runs.

    You will never see him for a full game play brilliantly and keep his team in the game, it's always flat pass this, 5 yard out route that.

    There is a reason he was signed to a long term HUGE MONEY deal, to be THE guy, and the sad thing is he isn't. What a blunder by Pioli.
    I will agree with you here BUT my point is still that this would not be much more then a .500 team with any qb. The other players have messed up far to much just like Cassel this whole team has messed up when that's happening you have to look at the head coach. This team is getting bad play out of the QB spot but they are getting bad play across the board. Our head coach is suppose to be a great defensive coach. We are in the bottom 5 in points allowed.

    Cassel is a guy who with a very good OC can look decent and play decent. We saw it with the Pats and in KC in 2010. He's never going to be anything without a VERY good OC. He's not a guy who is good enough to make the talent around him play better which is what we would need if we want to win big games. He's not as bad as he has played this year and you can say that about a lot of players. Cassels poor play has hurt others around him. And the other way around. This teams poor coaching has hurt every player. Changing the QB won't suddenly make Romeo a good head coach. Just like changing the OC won't make Cassel a great QB. We need both changes if we are going to be a good football team we won't be much better then .500 with just one change. That's what I have been saying. I agree Cassel needs to go but he's not the only one who needs to go. He's not the biggest problem The coaching staff is

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •