Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cassel done ??

Default Cassel done ??

from NFL.com

Matt Cassel and the Kansas City Chiefs were floundering again Sunday. At a certain point, the next chapter in a troubled marriage became inevitable.
    Coach Romeo Crennel brought out the hook early in the third quarter, benching Cassel with the Chiefs facing a 15-point deficit against the Cincinnati Bengals. It was the end of Cassel's day -- and quite possibly his Chiefs career.

Cassel went 8-of-16 passing for 93 yards over seven Chiefs possessions before he was pulled in favor of Brady Quinn. Cassel's replacement didn't fare much better in the 28-6 loss, but that might not matter at this point. Crennel already showed his hand last month. Had Quinn not suffered a concussion back in Week 8, Cassel already would've been out of the equation.

Barring another Quinn injury, Cassel is unlikely to sniff the field again.

One of general manager Scott Pioli's first orders of business upon joining the Chiefs was to bring Cassel over from the New England Patriots. Pioli got an up-close and personal look at how well Cassel performed after replacing an injured Tom Brady in 2008. The Patriots went 11-5 without their MVP, and Pioli saw Cassel as the type of player who could bring similar success to the Chiefs.
    It hasn't worked out that way. Cassel was efficient in one run to the playoffs with the Chiefs in 2010. But on balance, the Chiefs' attack has been flat with Cassel at the reins. The team has gone 19-28 in Cassel starts.

Cassel deserves to lose his job. You can say the same thing about the man who brought him to Arrowhead.

link

im not a hater but like many on here I think its time for him to go IMO
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Clearly Cassel needs to go, as well as all management and coaching, the funk needs to change. Its mostly mental at this point. Sure football is a physical game, but mental is equally if not more important. This starts with coaching and leadership (qb). We are missing that.

The team is in a serious funk, and will NOT change without leadership change. The entire mental state has to change to, "We CAN Do IT Mode ". That will take new coaching as well. We have so much great talent on this team, there is no excuse for this.

Quote Originally Posted by SBV_Eagle_Bull View Post
    Matt Cassel, a man with a lot of pressure going into this season. Personally I saw a man, who's career was on the line. He knew he had to perform with the ELITE status of a Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers this season. Cassel not only fell short, but set records on turnovers, and got the blame for his recievers not catching the ball. Cassel may depart from KC soon. But I will always remember him as a leader of the CHIEFS. He had to stand tall in positions QBs could just not handle. If Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, and any other Elite Qb in the NFL had to learn 5 playbooks in 4 years. They would of *****ed, complained, and flat out threw fits. (like a qb does). Maybe I'm just full of **** and want to defend Cassel. Or maybe next time your at work, think of what you do, and the process you go through to do your job, Then I want you to think if that process had to change everytime you just got used to it. Then think of new manangment coming in. They obviously do things a lot different. So you have to change your style and attitude. Cassel was set up to fail, He may had the support from ol' Pioli, but Pioli set him up to fail. Its simple as that. Cassel was a great QB in the works, He proved that in NE. and here in KC in the 2010 season. To many bad moves by managment were made.(charlie weiss).... As for the rest of the season give stanzi a shot, dont leave him out, maybe we can get ol trick shot a chance. Overall I LOVE the CHIEFS, and always will. And I support any QB thats under center. I just want another win this season, And I hope its against the broncos on thanksgiving. GO CHIEFS

PS I support all moves made by this organization, its their club, I'm just to loyal to give up on my chiefs. cause of a few bad decisions. This franchise is the best in the NFL, And US as fans prove that every sunday. GO CHIEFS
    None of those other QBs you mentioned would have to face that kind of turnover. Those guys win games, when a team loses games, the coaches usually get blamed. If Cassel had come in here and day one played like Brady, Rogers, or Manning, we would very well be looking at Charlie Wiess still on the team.

I know that Weiss and Haley likely never got along, but winning has a way of putting differences of opinion on the back burner, losing causes all the crap to come out.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Clearly Cassel needs to go, as well as all management and coaching, the funk needs to change. Its mostly mental at this point. Sure football is a physical game, but mental is equally if not more important. This starts with coaching and leadership (qb). We are missing that.

The team is in a serious funk, and will NOT change without leadership change. The entire mental state has to change to, "We CAN Do IT Mode ". That will take new coaching as well. We have so much great talent on this team, there is no excuse for this.
    Football is 80% mental and 40% physical, or so I have been told.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I will agree with you here BUT my point is still that this would not be much more then a .500 team with any qb. The other players have messed up far to much just like Cassel this whole team has messed up when that's happening you have to look at the head coach. This team is getting bad play out of the QB spot but they are getting bad play across the board. Our head coach is suppose to be a great defensive coach. We are in the bottom 5 in points allowed.

Cassel is a guy who with a very good OC can look decent and play decent. We saw it with the Pats and in KC in 2010. He's never going to be anything without a VERY good OC. He's not a guy who is good enough to make the talent around him play better which is what we would need if we want to win big games. He's not as bad as he has played this year and you can say that about a lot of players. Cassels poor play has hurt others around him. And the other way around. This teams poor coaching has hurt every player. Changing the QB won't suddenly make Romeo a good head coach. Just like changing the OC won't make Cassel a great QB. We need both changes if we are going to be a good football team we won't be much better then .500 with just one change. That's what I have been saying. I agree Cassel needs to go but he's not the only one who needs to go. He's not the biggest problem The coaching staff is

I agree. At least MOST of the coaching staff needs to go, and the qbs we currently have need to go. I was hoping the defense was gonna be shaken up by Routt being cut and Gibbs taking over, but they didn't appear to have the same level of intensity as the did on Monday night as they did on Sunday. We are very undisciplined and unprepared with a bad qb, a poor to average o line, a weak defense and no depth. We have lots of problems to address, and lots of position coaching philosophies that need to be changed. I hope we can get a game changer with our first pick, regardless of the position it is. If Pioli stays I hope he can change his mindset, and make the changes that need to hąppen.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Football is 80% mental and 40% physical, or so I have been told.
    But I thought you couldn't only give 110%?

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    But I thought you couldn't only give 110%?

Ummm, 80 + 40 = 120%

Of course, I think that was your point, which in itself is very humorous!

Cassel needs to go

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Ummm, 80 + 40 = 120%

Of course, I think that was your point, which in itself is very humorous!
    Yep, indeed it was.

But I was always told to give a 110%. Being someone that's logical and into numbers I thought that was kind of odd. Are you benchmarked incorrectly if you can give more then a 100%?

At any rate maybe that should have been my first hint that I'd never play in the NFL if they knew I could only give 110% and not the 120% needed.

It's a quote

“Just remember, football is 80% mental and 40% physical.”
    Little Giants (1994) – Steve Emtman (himself)

I like Matt C. but this just about sums it up

He works real hard........but so do washing machines! love this movie.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast