Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible GM & HC

Default Possible GM & HC

Jason La Canfora analize the situation on many teams .. among them .. KC Chiefs.. what're your toughts?

Kansas City Chiefs: It's all gone horribly wrong there, there are no signs of life and I cannot imagine a way that Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel are back next season. Owner Clark Hunt looks for hands-on people, as he is not around the team on a daily basis (which could lead to a GM like Bill Polian being the next man there). This team thought it had playoff potential and now it's jostling for the first overall pick. The fan revolt is palpable there, forcing changes.

Possible replacement: The Chiefs need to start over with a new quarterback and I can't help but wonder if Mike Sherman, who has worked closely with them and who has won at this level, gets a chance there. This hasn't been a big-paying job and I have a hard time projecting "A-list" guys there.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...re-on-the-line

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Heard Marty has no intentions of returning the to the NFL.
    I was driving home from the kc airport and they were talking about it, this is this past Friday and they were commentating that he said he would only come back as a coach they offered no source so it may be pure speculation. I have a funny feeling Romeo isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I was driving home from the kc airport and they were talking about it, this is this past Friday and they were commentating that he said he would only come back as a coach they offered no source so it may be pure speculation. I have a funny feeling Romeo isn't going anywhere.
    Dude, your last sentence just ruined my day.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    From what I have heard is that Clark Hunt is very visibly upset watching the games in his suite. This is from Trent Green on 810 last night. Saying that on the field before they game is all political and then when the game starts he is not approachable as he is very much into the game. He has watched a few games with him in the suite and it is very obvious he more into this team that he appears in public and it bothers him that he does not have his hands more involved in the team developements.

That being said, I think Clark is trying to do what is right based on decisions that were made from his judements and are waiting things out until he clearly has a direction of where he is going and I think the suggestion of Marty to Clark is to wait the season out and see if Crennel can turn it around, becuase it was that same week that the rumors of Marty being involved when Crennel stepped down as DC, cut Routt and promoted Gibbs.

Firing Pioli right now may not be the best choice unless he already has Plan B signed and ready to go. Waiting until the season is over may be the smart choice.

I don't know, but I would have to think Crennel is definately Gone. Pioli maybe not because on paper almost everyone thought this team was better excluding the QB and that may give Pioli a little rope.

From what I have heard is that Clark Hunt is very visibly upset watching the games in his suite. This is from Trent Green on 810 last night. Saying that on the field before they game is all political and then when the game starts he is not approachable as he is very much into the game. He has watched a few games with him in the suite and it is very obvious he more into this team that he appears in public and it bothers him that he does not have his hands more involved in the team developements.

That being said, I think Clark is trying to do what is right based on decisions that were made from his judements and are waiting things out until he clearly has a direction of where he is going and I think the suggestion of Marty to Clark is to wait the season out and see if Crennel can turn it around, becuase it was that same week that the rumors of Marty being involved when Crennel stepped down as DC, cut Routt and promoted Gibbs.

Firing Pioli right now may not be the best choice unless he already has Plan B signed and ready to go. Waiting until the season is over may be the smart choice.

I don't know, but I would have to think Crennel is definately Gone. Pioli maybe not because on paper almost everyone thought this team was better excluding the QB and that may give Pioli a little rope.
    The QB is on him also. It would seem the the rope he gets is just slack..... for a clean break.

The challenge if you keep Pioli is finding a good coach. No high profile coach is going to want to join a team that may be firing its GM within 1 year. New GM's usually hire their own coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The challenge if you keep Pioli is finding a good coach. No high profile coach is going to want to join a team that may be firing its GM within 1 year. New GM's usually hire their own coaches.
    I am actually Numb to this whole situation. It is donkey week a team I hate the most, and I could care less.. Even when the Chiefs got their first lead last week, I just laughed.

I really want Crennel fired, but want to give Pioli more time to work through his mistakes and learn and be the guy everyone thought he was when he was hired. He may end up being a very good GM still, but he has to be humbled a little first and I hope he can correc it with the Chiefs, but really could care less if he does get fired. I have not been all that thrilled with his draft choices but how much of that is them being a bust or poor coaching.

I am just numb from everything. I am tired of trying to find a positive only to have the negative over shadow it.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    I guess it sounds like our coaches don't get paid well so were basically screwed?? I'm def down with Polian, but not Sherman for anything more than a coordinator.

I'd be good w/ Polian as GM , ok w/ Sherman only as OC.

Cool

I'd be good w/ Polian , ok w/ Sherman as OC only.

I am actually Numb to this whole situation. It is donkey week a team I hate the most, and I could care less.. Even when the Chiefs got their first lead last week, I just laughed.

I really want Crennel fired, but want to give Pioli more time to work through his mistakes and learn and be the guy everyone thought he was when he was hired. He may end up being a very good GM still, but he has to be humbled a little first and I hope he can correc it with the Chiefs, but really could care less if he does get fired. I have not been all that thrilled with his draft choices but how much of that is them being a bust or poor coaching.

I am just numb from everything. I am tired of trying to find a positive only to have the negative over shadow it.

I just can't remember a season so hyped up for us. The dick vermeil years maybe but I mean everyone, or most people had us at minimum a wild card with the possibility of a couple playoff wins. This season hurts more than the 2 and 14 season with Herm. That team flat out wasn't good. This team has talent. Numb is a way more appropriate word than disappointing.

The whole atmosphere at Arrowhead seems to have turned toxic since Pioli was hired. It's a complete culture issue. Think about all the hush-hush BS that's gone on at Arrowhead since he has arrived. It would be one thing if these methods garnered results, but this team was one that was suppose to be on the rise, but it's floundering in ineptitude.

You could chalk last year up to injuries, but there is absolutely NO excuse to be had for this year. Just as he ignored the most important position on a 3-4 defense (NT) until this past draft, Pioli has mis-evaluated and ignored the most important position on the entire TEAM since he signed Cassel.

Changing defensive schemes without addressing the MOST important position for 5 years and being unable to evaluate Cassel as anything other than a backup QB, are inexcusable sins (in my opinion) for a GM to commit if he expects to keep his job long-term.

If you go back to when Pioli was first hired, I've never actually been a fan and argued against his hiring before it was made. Products of the New England tree have withered and died when separated from the roots of Bill Belichik. Pioli was given (and took credit) for a lot of things that may not have been his doing.

I've tried to sit back and give the guy a chance, but this season should have killed his position at Arrowhead. How could this product NOT be placed at the feet of Pioli? He hired a HORRIBLE first head coach that set the tone for his tenure here. This was suppose to be the year that everything came together. Look at the talent on the field. There's no reason to think it should ever be playing this poorly. It's NOT the talent. Show me an offensive coordinator that wouldn't salivate over the offensive fire-power this team possesses.

Could it be the coach? Sure. But the last one was fired with more wins AND more injuries to deal with. Both coaches hired by the current GM. 5 seasons and only 1 season has there been a good, tried and true offensive coordinator on this team. Guess which season that was! I'll give you a hint... it resulted in a home playoff game.

In an offense-driven league, Pioli has ignored both the offensive coordinator position and the QB position and filled them with generic products instead of name-brand. Again, in the NFL, this is an inexcusable offense. I'm less concerned about the overall record as I am of some of the most egregious acts of negligence this franchise has ever seen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast