Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible GM & HC

Default Possible GM & HC

Jason La Canfora analize the situation on many teams .. among them .. KC Chiefs.. what're your toughts?

Kansas City Chiefs: It's all gone horribly wrong there, there are no signs of life and I cannot imagine a way that Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel are back next season. Owner Clark Hunt looks for hands-on people, as he is not around the team on a daily basis (which could lead to a GM like Bill Polian being the next man there). This team thought it had playoff potential and now it's jostling for the first overall pick. The fan revolt is palpable there, forcing changes.

Possible replacement: The Chiefs need to start over with a new quarterback and I can't help but wonder if Mike Sherman, who has worked closely with them and who has won at this level, gets a chance there. This hasn't been a big-paying job and I have a hard time projecting "A-list" guys there.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...re-on-the-line

I will seriously flip the f out in a bad way if its mike Sherman, he had a decent team in Green Bay and didn't get it done. Hell to the no.

I'd have to agree with nigeriannightmare. The only thing I remember about Mike Sherman was when he was coach of the Packers and got into an arguement with Warren Sapp about cheap hit on an unsuspecting player. Not siding with Warren Sapp, it was a cheapshot, but I want a coach that has his players ready 100% of the time. Proactive instead of reactive.

Quote Originally Posted by alexim58 View Post
    Jason La Canfora analize the situation on many teams .. among them .. KC Chiefs.. what're your toughts?

Kansas City Chiefs: It's all gone horribly wrong there, there are no signs of life and I cannot imagine a way that Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel are back next season. Owner Clark Hunt looks for hands-on people, as he is not around the team on a daily basis (which could lead to a GM like Bill Polian being the next man there). This team thought it had playoff potential and now it's jostling for the first overall pick. The fan revolt is palpable there, forcing changes.

Possible replacement: The Chiefs need to start over with a new quarterback and I can't help but wonder if Mike Sherman, who has worked closely with them and who has won at this level, gets a chance there. This hasn't been a big-paying job and I have a hard time projecting "A-list" guys there.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...re-on-the-line
    Wasn't Pioli the hottest GM prospect in the game when he was hired? Obviously he didn't get it done, but why aren't we A-List worthy?

I guess it sounds like our coaches don't get paid well so were basically screwed?? I'm def down with Polian, but not Sherman for anything more than a coordinator.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kylebigmac09 View Post
    Wasn't Pioli the hottest GM prospect in the game when he was hired? Obviously he didn't get it done, but why aren't we A-List worthy?
    KC is a small media market. A lot of big name coaches want to go somewhere where they will get a lot of notoriety and press coverage. Also, historically speaking, we haven't had coaches that had big contracts. Granted, we also haven't had a coach that was experienced and proven to be WORTHY of a big contract. Not sure if this is because we don't offer enough $$ or because we haven't tried for a big name coach in the past.

although money does figure in i think the opportunity for success is the #1 factor. they look at talent available now, mgmt backing, team turn around wow factor, all coaches believe they can take a team to the super bowl given enuf time and talent. the CHIEFS have that wow factor and mgmt backing so they are the quintessential A list team. canfora can bite me!!!
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

How good were Marty or Dick Vermeils contracts compared to the rest of the league?

Heard Marty isn't even remotely interested as a GM, but he is interested in coaching maybe to groom his son?

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Heard Marty isn't even remotely interested as a GM, but he is interested in coaching maybe to groom his son?
    Heard Marty has no intentions of returning the to the NFL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast