Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame LB

Default Notre Dame LB

Manti has moved up to number 2 on kipers board. He undoubtedly will be thrust into the top pick if he wins the Heisman. This is someone who can handle the spotlight and having the weight of a franchise placed on him. We could have a rebirth on the side of football that made number 58 our face of the franchise.

I know qb is what we need but how do you pass on this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Ok, we're operating under two different assumptions. If that is the case, sure I agree. I am under the assumption that there will be 1 (Geno), maybe 2 quarterbacks in the top 10 picks come time for the draft.
    Yes we are then I am not seeing 2 qbs being drafted in the top 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Ok, we're operating under two different assumptions. If that is the case, sure I agree. I am under the assumption that there will be 1 (Geno), maybe 2 quarterbacks in the top 10 picks come time for the draft.
    Granted that mock drafts right now are like trying to pick the winning powerball number. But walterfootball has seemed to do a good job mocking the draft as good as anyone. He has two QB's going in the first round. Geno to us and Barkley going at 11 to Arizona. The next QB drafted is to Jacksonville in the 2nd round.

Like I said this will obviously change but I don't see many teams out there clamoring for QB's this year. I also think the NFL teams see that this year is kind of a let down for QB's. I could see there being a total of 3...MAYBE 4 QB's taken in the 1st and that is a big maybe. If the Chiefs don't take one I could see 2, maybe 3 going in the first.

That'd mean we could get Teo and then trade back up in the first if needs be. If not take Wilson with the first pick of the 2nd round. How unbelievable would that be? Get a monster ILB AND a new QB that could be a franchise QB.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Granted that mock drafts right now are like trying to pick the winning powerball number. But walterfootball has seemed to do a good job mocking the draft as good as anyone. He has two QB's going in the first round. Geno to us and Barkley going at 11 to Arizona. The next QB drafted is to Jacksonville in the 2nd round.

Like I said this will obviously change but I don't see many teams out there clamoring for QB's this year. I also think the NFL teams see that this year is kind of a let down for QB's. I could see there being a total of 3...MAYBE 4 QB's taken in the 1st and that is a big maybe. If the Chiefs don't take one I could see 2, maybe 3 going in the first.

That'd mean we could get Teo and then trade back up in the first if needs be. If not take Wilson with the first pick of the 2nd round. How unbelievable would that be? Get a monster ILB AND a new QB that could be a franchise QB.
    I could maybe get down with that. Wilson was shaping up to be a top prospect until Petrino got canned.

I would love to get Manti Teo. He is a beast and a great leader on the team and defense. He is also more mature than the average college players are. Being the husband to a die hard ND fan and living in Hawaii, I have watched a lot of his play and a lot about his background/family/hardships. Getting him would solidify our ILB corps for the next 5-10 years. By the time he hits his peak (~5 years) DJ will be on the decline, but our D will still be solid.

That having been said, I cannot endorse this move unless we get someone in the offseason (FA or trade) for QB AND draft a young one. Otherwise, I feel like our hands are tied and we HAVE to get a QB ... unfortunately.

Find a way to get Matt Flynn. Then use the 1st round pick to fill another hole. I like Simon from OSU. I understand that we need an OLman, but don't see one worth a first pick. maybe second round. I think Simon would help the pass rush that would make this team a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Find a way to get Matt Flynn. Then use the 1st round pick to fill another hole. I like Simon from OSU. I understand that we need an OLman, but don't see one worth a first pick. maybe second round. I think Simon would help the pass rush that would make this team a lot better.
    The same guy who couldn't beat out a 3rd round rookie? Really?

Rolando McClain just became available. The Chiefs have to worst record in football. All they have to do is put a claim on him and he INSTANTLY upgrades the ILB position. Yes... the same McClain who was the 7th overall pick two years ago out of Alabama.

If the Raiders are dumb enough to give up on a 3rd year first round pick, let's hope Pioli and co. are just as stupid.

Pioli wasted the number one spot on the waiver wire by claiming Hayworth Hicks. You know the undrafted G that has bounced off two other team PS.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Pioli wasted the number one spot on the waiver wire by claiming Hayworth Hicks. You know the undrafted G that has bounced off two other team PS.
    I was unaware. Gawd, this guy sucks more and more each day.

Are u ****ing kidding me. Pii waisted the #1 spot waiver wire for a ps ayer who would have cleared the waiver wires. Pioli should be fired on the spot. He has no clue what hes doing. If this is true.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast