Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame LB

Default Notre Dame LB

Manti has moved up to number 2 on kipers board. He undoubtedly will be thrust into the top pick if he wins the Heisman. This is someone who can handle the spotlight and having the weight of a franchise placed on him. We could have a rebirth on the side of football that made number 58 our face of the franchise.

I know qb is what we need but how do you pass on this kid.

I dont think once you pick someone up off waivers that you move to the back of the order list. I cannot find any evidence supporting that, but I cannot find any evidence t the contrary. I did read an article about Jason Babin that said we had first waiver rights to him.

Anyways, I wouldnt pick him up in waivers since that means we assume his current contract (according to Rotoworld: 2012: $970,000, 2013: $4.005 million, 2014: $5.805 million, 2015: Free Agent). If he clears waivers, I would be willing to take a shot at him. He is a decent athlete, it just sounds like he needs some good coaching. Crennel/Gibbs have done well with DJ/Hali/Houston. He has potential, as if he clears waivers, he has very little downside.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I dont think once you pick someone up off waivers that you move to the back of the order list. I cannot find any evidence supporting that, but I cannot find any evidence t the contrary. I did read an article about Jason Babin that said we had first waiver rights to him.

Anyways, I wouldnt pick him up in waivers since that means we assume his current contract (according to Rotoworld: 2012: $970,000, 2013: $4.005 million, 2014: $5.805 million, 2015: Free Agent). If he clears waivers, I would be willing to take a shot at him. He is a decent athlete, it just sounds like he needs some good coaching. Crennel/Gibbs have done well with DJ/Hali/Houston. He has potential, as if he clears waivers, he has very little downside.
    We had him in 2008-we now run a 3-4 D and he's now a Jag anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Yep...He has not done good anywhere besides PHI's 4-3 scheme.

Quick question for those in the know. This years draft seams to be loads with DL talent something to the tune of 15 of the 40. One would have to assume that pioli would have known this last year. Has Poe done enough to say we couldn't have waited a year to draft at that position. And secondly he would have also had to have known this years QB class isn't anything like lasts. Is pioli really this inept or is it sabotage?

Any qb in this draft is not a guaranteed qbotf. You seem to think a rookie qb is gonna fix our team. There's no luck or rg3 in this draft and actually no qb is even close. I want a new qb as much as anyone but a qb isn't going to fix our team by himself. We are lacking in many areas, and I'd much rather take best available than a qb who may not pan out. If best available isn't a qb we should pick up a decent FA and hope there's a better choice next year. We are far from being just a qb away from competing!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    We are far from being just a qb away from competing!
    100% disagree with this. The defense has been very good, and a lot of the points given up have been due to offensive ineptitude/turnovers. Look at last week. The offense doesn't turn the ball over and Peyton Manning's Broncos are held to 17 points. That is their lowest point total all year.

The offense averages 15.2 points per game and have scored 3 touchdowns since week 5! Any competent NFL quarterback would turn this team around.

[quote=MissingTBone;272478]Any qb in this draft is not a guaranteed qbotf. You seem to think a rookie qb is gonna fix our team. There's no luck or rg3 in this draft and actually no qb is even close. I want a new qb as much as anyone but a qb isn't going to fix our team by himself. We are lacking in many areas, and I'd much rather take best available than a qb who may not pan out. If best available isn't a qb we should pick up a decent FA and hope there's a better choice next year. We are far from being just a qb away from competing![/quote]

Put Manning on the team (hypothetically) and say this again

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Quick question for those in the know. This years draft seams to be loads with DL talent something to the tune of 15 of the 40. One would have to assume that pioli would have known this last year. Has Poe done enough to say we couldn't have waited a year to draft at that position. And secondly he would have also had to have known this years QB class isn't anything like lasts. Is pioli really this inept or is it sabotage?
    Makes ya sick dont it. I hope it's ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I was referring to McClain. I was just mentioning Babin to show that we still are in the top of the running for waiver wire stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    100% disagree with this. The defense has been very good, and a lot of the points given up have been due to offensive ineptitude/turnovers. Look at last week. The offense doesn't turn the ball over and Peyton Manning's Broncos are held to 17 points. That is their lowest point total all year.

The offense averages 15.2 points per game and have scored 3 touchdowns since week 5! Any competent NFL quarterback would turn this team around.
    You're cherry picking

Week 1 40 points Some want to blame the turnovers but 27 of those 40 points were on the board before 1 turnover happened.

Week 2 35 points given up

Week 4 37 points given up

week 6 38 points given up

week 8 26 points given up

week 9 31 points given up

week 11 28 points given up

The defense has had really good games where they have looked really good like the ravens and against the donkeys last sunday but those have not been the Normal this D has given up WAY WAY to many points for us to be a Qb away from being competive no matter how much you hate our QBs. This Defense hasn't been good for so much of the year either. Yes the offense has hurt them but they haven't been great all season a good number of those points came without the ball being turnedover
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast