Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Notre Dame LB

Default Notre Dame LB

Manti has moved up to number 2 on kipers board. He undoubtedly will be thrust into the top pick if he wins the Heisman. This is someone who can handle the spotlight and having the weight of a franchise placed on him. We could have a rebirth on the side of football that made number 58 our face of the franchise.

I know qb is what we need but how do you pass on this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    Put Peyton on this team and our O line gets him hurt. Not many qbs are gonna have big games when playing behind our underachieving o line.
    This again? I'll just copy and paste from another post... I'm not sure how you form these opinions.

I feel like the offensive line apologist for this site, but this O-line is tops in the league. ProFootballFocus has the Chiefs having the 4th best line: Offensive Line Rankings: Week 10 Update | ProFootballFocus.com

I consistently watch (and re-watch on NFL Game Rewind) and see the line blocking well. It takes a beating by the casual observer when our QBs (Cassel especially) are back there, the first read is covered, and they have no idea what to do.

This is also worth a re-post (also from ProFootballFocus)...

Cassel takes the 7th longest among all QBs to get rid of the ball (on average 2.83 seconds). However, he has the 5th best number in the amount of time it takes before he is sacked (3.78 seconds). This says a lot about how well the line is doing, despite the poor QB play. (Side note: Manning is sacked on average in 2.75 seconds behind the Broncos line, a full second less!)

Simply put, when you have a QB who can't go through his progressions, it's a recipe for disaster when his first read is covered.

I thought that this line would get destroyed by Von Miller with backup LT Donald Stephenson plugged in. Miller ended up with 1 sack and no other QB hits.

i do think our O line is ok, the starting 5 are solid and w/experience we will have some depth. glaring needs are QB, CB, ILB to play next to DJ, an up grade on the DL after that. i think we will be ok at NT by next year, upgrading at DE could be a good move. 1st round their is no stud QB in the top 5 so a CB, DE, or ILB whichever is the best available seems the best way to go.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Think about it. Vince Young and Matt Leinart were the "2 best QB's available" in the 06 draft. Now, look how these two panned out in the NFL. I see a very similar QB class in this years draft. This team cannot afford another QB mistake.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Think about it. Vince Young and Matt Leinart were the "2 best QB's available" in the 06 draft. Now, look how these two panned out in the NFL. I see a very similar QB class in this years draft. This team cannot afford another QB mistake.
    I'm starting to believe the draft Geno and make him the starter from day 1 mentality. If he sucks and we go 0-16 you try again the next year. If we go 6-10 or 7-9 you still draft a QB next year.

We can afford to be wrong, given the choices there is no clear right. What we can't afford is to not try and then remain status quo.

I'm not sure but are we still leading the AFC in rushing? Even if we're top 3 that says everything we need to know about the NFL being a passing league.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I'm starting to believe the draft Geno and make him the starter from day 1 mentality. If he sucks and we go 0-16 you try again the next year. If we go 6-10 or 7-9 you still draft a QB next year.

We can afford to be wrong, given the choices there is no clear right. What we can't afford is to not try and then remain status quo.

I'm not sure but are we still leading the AFC in rushing? Even if we're top 3 that says everything we need to know about the NFL being a passing league.
    OK I'll go on board with Smith. But we better have somebody better than Crennel/Dabol to coach him up.
    SHUT IT

OK I'll go on board with Smith. But we better have somebody better than Crennel/Dabol to coach him up.
    This times 1000000000000000!

THIS THIS AND MORE THIS what I have been saying all year it doesn't matter who our qb is under Crennel/Dabol they wouldn't be that much of a difference with them running the show they need to be the 1st two out the door Cassel not far behind.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567