Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame LB

Hybrid View

Default Notre Dame LB

Manti has moved up to number 2 on kipers board. He undoubtedly will be thrust into the top pick if he wins the Heisman. This is someone who can handle the spotlight and having the weight of a franchise placed on him. We could have a rebirth on the side of football that made number 58 our face of the franchise.

I know qb is what we need but how do you pass on this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I know qb is what we need but how do you pass on this kid.
    By trying to force a square peg in a round hole at the most important position in football since Pioli took over.

I honestly don't know how you can pass on T'eo but we seem to have done one hell of a job at it.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    By trying to force a square peg in a round hole at the most important position in football since Pioli took over.

I honestly don't know how you can pass on T'eo but we seem to have done one hell of a job at it.
    I wouldn't complain if they picked him

Does Te'o play quarterback? Why on earth would should they pick Te'o and fight for 5 wins next year? The Chiefs offense averages a league worst 15.2 points per game! 12 touchdowns in 11 games!

What if Te'o ends up like Aaron Curry?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Does Te'o play quarterback? Why on earth would should they pick Te'o and fight for 5 wins next year? The Chiefs offense averages a league worst 15.2 points per game! 12 touchdowns in 11 games!

What if Te'o ends up like Aaron Curry?
    Yeah and Geno smith could be the next Ryan leaf. Works both ways.

I don't see how u take a qb that is gonna be between 10 and 15 on most boards number 1. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't see how u take a qb that is gonna be between 10 and 15 on most boards number 1. It doesn't make any sense to me.
    Of course he could. I'd much rather swing and miss at a QB than swing and miss at a much less important position like LB (that the Chiefs are stacked at, mind you).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Of course he could. I'd much rather swing and miss at a QB than swing and miss at a much less important position like LB (that the Chiefs are stacked at, mind you).
    How exactly are we "stacked" at LB? Belcher? I'm gonna have to go Carter on you. C'mon man! Add to it that DJ is getting older and might only have a year or two left in him and Teo looks pretty good.

I'm not saying we should draft Teo over a QB. But I'd be far more understanding if we draft the BPA instead of the position of need....again. I find it odd that I'm disagreeing with you here Ryfo, we usually have the same thought processes.

DJ has a lot more than 1 or 2 years left. He's 7 years younger than Ray Lewis... who probably isn't quitting any time soon. With Johnson's speed in a 3-4 defense, he'll be playing ILB for a long while to come.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    How exactly are we "stacked" at LB? Belcher? I'm gonna have to go Carter on you. C'mon man! Add to it that DJ is getting older and might only have a year or two left in him and Teo looks pretty good.

I'm not saying we should draft Teo over a QB. But I'd be far more understanding if we draft the BPA instead of the position of need....again. I find it odd that I'm disagreeing with you here Ryfo, we usually have the same thought processes.
    DJ is one of the best in the league and just turned 29. Belcher is basically average at best. But when you consider our 3-4 LBs consist of DJ, Hali, Houston, and Belcher, then you have a case that we have one of the best LB corps in the NFL. Better said, I would put it and the O-line as our two positions where we are the best off at. Why spend a 1st rounder there? We could still get a LB upgrade in rounds 2-4. What good is the top LB prospect going to do when the offense continues to give the ball away at their own 20-yard line at a ridiculous rate and scores 1.1 touchdowns per game.

This team needs THE BEST QB available.

I took the following stats from a guy I follow on Twitter, @MikeClay NFL:

1.1 touchdowns per game!!!! The next worst in the league is the Rams at 1.5 touchdowns per game. That means they at least score 2 touchdowns every other game. The Chiefs score 2 touchdowns per game on average ONCE EVERY 10 GAMES!!!!

Some more: "Chiefs haven't scored an offensive touchdown since week 10, a passing TD since week 8, and have three total offensive TDs since week 5." Think if you removed the garbage time TDs from that what would happen. It would only get worse!

I'm sorry, I just can't stand for people arguing that we need anything BUT the best QB prospect in this draft. I don't care if he's not RGIII or Luck on paper.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 11-28-2012 at 02:44 PM.

The Chiefs have reached on Jackson and Poe and to a lesser degree Berry, now Baldwin is looking to be a bust in this system with these coaches. At #1 overall Smith and/or Barkley are a reach, this team is so terrible in that position you almost have to reach. I just want to see how far ahead the top two are from the rest of the QBs entering the draft. If we could grab T'eo and trade up into the first round again to get a QB at the spot he is designated and not have to make a reach I wouldn't be upset.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast