Thread: Is it time?

Default Is it time?

While some may disagree, I feel Cassel is not the answer going forward. Because of this and believing Quinn is not the answer either do we play Stanzi for a couple games and exhaust all options so when we go into next year, we know if we can keep him around on the cheap for a true back up? I would, only worry is if he does struggle for the rest of the year we don't get a good read of everyone else on that side of the ball. Either way a good cleaning of this franchise is needed to bring it back to where it should be. Not all, but certain things need to be refurbished. Bash away.

Time to start over. As far as Front office goes anyway

Quote Originally Posted by the fox View Post
    While some may disagree, I feel Cassel is not the answer going forward. Because of this and believing Quinn is not the answer either do we play Stanzi for a couple games and exhaust all options so when we go into next year, we know if we can keep him around on the cheap for a true back up? I would, only worry is if he does struggle for the rest of the year we don't get a good read of everyone else on that side of the ball. Either way a good cleaning of this franchise is needed to bring it back to where it should be. Not all, but certain things need to be refurbished. Bash away.

We have pretty much pounded this horse to death. Here is the deal. The coaches have seen Stanzi everyday playing on the practice squad. If we had anything there that we thought was going to be the future of this team, he would be playing.

Stanzi is not the answer. He may get there, with more time and more practice, but he is not there.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by the fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

We have pretty much pounded this horse to death. Here is the deal. The coaches have seen Stanzi everyday playing on the practice squad. If we had anything there that we thought was going to be the future of this team, he would be playing.

Stanzi is not the answer. He may get there, with more time and more practice, but he is not there.
    Stanzi has been on this roster for 2 years. If he's not ready to play yet, he shouldn't be on this roster. And if he can't make the QB roster in KC, then he shouldn't be in the NFL.

I can name at least 10 QB's who started playing and having success in their first year and in one some cases, their very first NFL game. Why is this kid not capable of starting a game after nearly two seasons? He's held the clipboard long enough. Throw him to the wolves and see how he responds. Can he possibly play worse than what we've seen from Cassel and Quinn this year?

At this point, I would be shocked if Stanzi was brought back next year. If you can't even get a peek of the field before Tyler Palko and Brady Quinn then you need to take your ball and go home. Lets evaluate him before we cut him. Give him a chance to prove he is an NFL worthy QB.
    Last edited by Coach; 12-02-2012 at 07:27 AM.

i woulod give him a shot if just only to confirm he is not the guy
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    i woulod give him a shot if just only to confirm he is not the guy
    This falls on deaf ears... he should've already been starting. It's the perfect scenario...we are out of it, give him a string of real nfl games
    See if he can develop in this string of games and get some real exprerience. Worse scenario? We lose out and draft high. I just don't get it.