Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manning tested for concussion

Default Manning tested for concussion

I didn't know he got one

snip:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning received a concussion test during his team's 17-9 victory Sunday against Kansas City. Manning took a blow to the head while throwing a touchdown pass to tight end Jacob Tamme with 18 seconds left in the first half. After Manning threw, Chiefs defensive lineman Tyson Jackson reached the quarterback and knocked him to the ground.

As Manning fell, the back of his helmet slammed against the turf. He got up holding the back of his head with his right hand as right guard Chris Kuper checked on him.

Read more: Broncos' Peyton Manning passes concussion test - The Denver Post Broncos' Peyton Manning passes concussion test - The Denver Post
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I hadn't realized this happened either.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 11-29-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I hadn't realized this happened either.
    we were all wondering if he could take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. took a Chief to expose it. could be a sign of more serious problems. im suprised they let him stay in with his medical record
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Is it bad I'm more shocked Jackson was able to get back there and get a pressure than I am Manning was concussed?

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    we were all wondering if he could take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. took a Chief to expose it. could be a sign of more serious problems. im suprised they let him stay in with his medical record
    I remember the same thing happened to Joe Montana in 1993 with his first year as a Chief at the AFC West Championship game at Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I remember the same thing happened to Joe Montana in 1993 with his first year as a Chief at the AFC West Championship game at Buffalo.
    winter in Buffalo. 100 below. he didn't hit turf. it was concrete

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    winter in Buffalo. 100 below. he didn't hit turf. it was concrete
    Yup! He started the game in Buffalo and ended it in la la land.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Is it bad I'm more shocked Jackson was able to get back there and get a pressure than I am Manning was concussed?
    That's funny stuff!

The picture KCVet posted at the top of the thread is nomination for POTM, picture of the month.

I'm absolutely SHOCKED they let him play the 2nd half. It must have been more of a cobwebs in his head things then full on concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    That's funny stuff!

The picture KCVet posted at the top of the thread is nomination for POTM, picture of the month.
    ...Or P.O.T.Y.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast