Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 119

Thread: Alex Smith...

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default Alex Smith...


    1 Not allowed!
    May well be on the chopping block this off season.

    ...Worth a trade??? If so, who/what???


  2. #31
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    It's been awhile since we've gone to the SF well for a QB.

    Where do you rank Alex Smith among:
    1. Joe Montana
    2. Elvis Grbac
    3. Steve Bono

    If at the bottom, Id rather coax Steve Young out of retirement for another SF QB. Or maybe even Jeff Garcia.

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
    It's been awhile since we've gone to the SF well for a QB.

    Where do you rank Alex Smith among:
    1. Joe Montana
    2. Elvis Grbac
    3. Steve Bono

    If at the bottom, Id rather coax Steve Young out of retirement for another SF QB. Or maybe even Jeff Garcia.
    ...Not sure, I really don't know that much about alex Smith.


  4. #33
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    1,771
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 2

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    He's not close to elite. System qb. I'd say Matt u s better. Sfr jy st h as better team and coaches.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,411
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 65

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    I would take Alex Smith as a free agent, but not sure now that I would trade. I kinda on the draft Geno thought, but I just do not think the Chiefs will want to pay out the money for the first pick of the draft. I see some trading action going on. But with the new contract rules, that I not sure of, who knows what will happen.

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,201
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 22

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I would take Alex Smith as a free agent, but not sure now that I would trade. I kinda on the draft Geno thought, but I just do not think the Chiefs will want to pay out the money for the first pick of the draft. I see some trading action going on. But with the new contract rules, that I not sure of, who knows what will happen.
    Don't forget the new players contract has a pay scale for rookies. Players picked within the top 10 will be paid the average of the top 10 highest-paid players in that position, now yes QB is a high paid position. This deal helps prevent owners like when Al Davis paid JaMarcus Russel $39 million dollars to have the player be a “bust” in the league. There will be no more contracts like Sam Bradford’s six-year, $78 million dollar contract with him being paid $50 million dollars before ever playing a down.

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    He's not close to elite. System qb. I'd say Matt u s better. Sfr jy st h as better team and coaches.
    I implore you....PLEASE....stop posting from your mobile device.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 12-22-2012 at 10:28 PM.


  8. #37
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    648
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    alex smith is no different than cassel.

    You put the right system around either one and you can win with them. we proved it in 2010. I'd rather get the right coaches in here and keep cassel than go out and get another of the same breed

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    1,771
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 2

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    alex smith is no different than cassel.

    You put the right system around either one and you can win with them. we proved it in 2010. I'd rather get the right coaches in here and keep cassel than go out and get another of the same breed
    That's what I was saying in my post..

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,201
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 22

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    alex smith is no different than cassel.

    You put the right system around either one and you can win with them. we proved it in 2010. I'd rather get the right coaches in here and keep cassel than go out and get another of the same breed
    I don't know if Cassel can do it any more he has lost all his confidence as well as the other players on the team have lost their confidence in him. I think it is time to move on without him. I don't know if Smith is any better or not.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    648
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    you very well may be right. Me personally i think cassel is to much of a fighter to have given up on himself. And i'm not saying we stick with him but i'd rather keep him then smith and still think we need a QB in the draft if we can get the right one at the right spot

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. we just traded alex magee
    By SAPHOJUNKIE in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 05:45 PM
  2. Alex Brown
    By stricken721 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 04:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •