Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith...

Default Alex Smith...

May well be on the chopping block this off season.

...Worth a trade??? If so, who/what???

Default Chiefs after Alex Smith

Per Trent Dilfer - Andy Reid has made Alex Smith his number one priority. Apparently Andy was trying to acquire him last year in Philly, but could not get it worked out.

Please nononono... I believe its a smoke screen

Alex is the penicle game manager... Lets not keep going down this road

I would be ok with getting him as long as we bring someone else in to have him fight for the job.

I here people compare him to Cassel I don't see that at all. Just look at the results Smith has won in the playoffs. He was doing a good job this year until he was removed. After he got a good head coach Smith started to play much better. Like we saw this year a bad head coach can really hurt a player. I think that might also be the case with Smith. Reid has done will with worse QBS then Smith
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Default The Stronghold

I'm not to fond of Alex Smith. He may bring some sort of quality to KC, but not enough. There is a reason why Colin Kap kept the starting job in S.F. If he does come to KC. I dont see him as the starting QB. I see him as comp for Stanzi and Quinn. (if Quinn is still around). Alex Smith is a good QB, just not the fit we need in the most crucial spot on the team.

I can see Stanzi, Tanney, & Draft pick competing for the starting job. But who knows, maybe they will bring in Alex Smith to compete with these youngsters. Either way, I will cheer for my CHIEFS.

I say bring in who they feel can run the offense they want to run. Just have a true competition for the position unlike the last few seasons. The more people we try out the better chances we have of finding the right guy. Alex Smith did well with a strong running game, and monster defense. If we can provide that then I don't see why he can't take us to the Chamionship game an beyond.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SBV_Eagle_Bull View Post
    I'm not to fond of Alex Smith. He may bring some sort of quality to KC, but not enough. There is a reason why Colin Kap kept the starting job in S.F. If he does come to KC. I dont see him as the starting QB. I see him as comp for Stanzi and Quinn. (if Quinn is still around). Alex Smith is a good QB, just not the fit we need in the most crucial spot on the team.

I can see Stanzi, Tanney, & Draft pick competing for the starting job. But who knows, maybe they will bring in Alex Smith to compete with these youngsters. Either way, I will cheer for my CHIEFS.
    Did you guys watch him at all this year? He was one of the top QBs in the NFL until he got injured. He threw 13 TD 5 INT with over 70% completion rating. His QB rating was like 3rd in the NFL when he got injured. Kap kept the job because he was playing extremely well and most importantly he's younger and is far cheaper.

As far as talent, Alex Smith was on his way to a pro bowl if not a super bowl by his play until he got injured. So in no possible way would Stanzi or Tanney even compete with him for the starting job. The problem is he is due a high salary next year and may not be easy to get (may take more than a 2nd round pick).

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I would be ok with getting him as long as we bring someone else in to have him fight for the job.

I here people compare him to Cassel I don't see that at all. Just look at the results Smith has won in the playoffs. He was doing a good job this year until he was removed. After he got a good head coach Smith started to play much better. Like we saw this year a bad head coach can really hurt a player. I think that might also be the case with Smith. Reid has done will with worse QBS then Smith
    The comparision is the fact he is a back up and someone elses trash and until he had a real HC that would coach up the Qb. His career was skeptical.

Matt under Weis was a pro-bowler. Under everyone else, fodder.

There are so man people torn between this. Many feel that if they are goig this route, they still need to draft Qb in the first or second to compete. A good portion of those people, would just as much draft a Qb with the first, Resign Cassel and see if Reid can resurrect Cassel as a stop gap, back up while the 1st rounder adjust because they fell Cassel could be just as good as Smith given the same support Alex Smith got.

Now in regards to Smith being benched for Kap. The kid did take them to the superbowl and he had a huge part in their play off wins. So the fact he was benched by his own team for Kap is a well Yeah...but type of response.

It wouldn't bother me if they took a QB in the draft and groomed him to be the starter opening day. If he develops we are in good shape if he crashes and burns we try again. I'm growing gray hair watching this organization trying to recycle other teams quarterbacks and am beyond ready to see them try something else.

Quote Originally Posted by HaliForPresident View Post
    Did you guys watch him at all this year? He was one of the top QBs in the NFL until he got injured. He threw 13 TD 5 INT with over 70% completion rating. His QB rating was like 3rd in the NFL when he got injured. Kap kept the job because he was playing extremely well and most importantly he's younger and is far cheaper.

As far as talent, Alex Smith was on his way to a pro bowl if not a super bowl by his play until he got injured. So in no possible way would Stanzi or Tanney even compete with him for the starting job. The problem is he is due a high salary next year and may not be easy to get (may take more than a 2nd round pick).
    This is why I don't see the Cassel to smith being a fair comparison. Cassel played really well in 2010. But he was never that high of a Completion% and Qb rating. And Unlike Cassel Smith has won a playoff game. Many feel he got a raw deal by losing his job. I'm not saying that we should just hand him the job but he would be a good guy to have to fight for it IMO. I just don't see Cassel 2.0 when I see Smith .
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast