Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith...

Default Alex Smith...

May well be on the chopping block this off season.

...Worth a trade??? If so, who/what???

THere in lies the issue though. ALex Smith didn't get his team to the playoffs, and alex smith didn't get his team a fumble away from the super bowl. I posted smith's 2011 numbers, they weren't that great. Matt Cassel had a better season in 2010 than smith did in 2011.

Lets look at the 2011 49ers team
    #4 ranked defense overall
    #2 ranked defense in INT's
    #2 ranked defense in forced fumbles
    #8 ranked rushing offense
    #29 ranked passing offense ---- KC ranked #25 with cassel and PALKO!
    #11 ranked scoring offense

49ers are a solid built team and coached VERY well. That is what got them to within a game of the super bowl. NOT alex smith. 49ers weak schedule combined with their rushing attack allowed it. Face it alex smith is surrounded by talent. Top 5 defense, top 5 O-Line, arguably a top 5 rusher, one of the better TE's in the league, a couple of stud WR's and some serious speed.

Cassel had the pieces minus the coaching in 2010. I fully believe if the BS with weiss and haley wouldn't have happened we would have beat the ravens, the difference is we were playing vanilla offense cause of haley/weiss screwing it all up, and the ravens making adjustments and we weren't. If was actually a pretty tight game the first half. We got out coached plain and simple. There was nothing cassel could have done that game to get us the win. Nothing!

And in NE with good coaching and good team around him he would have EASILY taken the pats to a atleast a couple playoff wins if they wouldn't have gotten left out on a fluke that had never happened up to that point.

You can say what you want about cassel you can not like him or not want him here, but to say that alex smith is better and has a higher ceiling or could lead a team to the superbowl is a blind statement. You would have put cassel in smiths' shoes in SF the last couple years it would have been the same story, and vise verse.

I dont care what yall say and dont care about stats but to me i feel smith is twice as good as cassel. The only thing im not sure is what does that meanto me cassel is one of the worst and smith is twice as good then thats not saying much either. It still make smith only a mediocre qb. But when i watched him play i just liked his play and his presence on the field and he knows how to go through his reads and i see a way better qb than cassel. But thats just my two cents.
    Also stop suggesting we draft a qb justto draft a qb and say if it dont work then draft one next year and the next tell we get it right. If we reach and draft a qb who is a bust it will set us back n no matter what way you look at it. It will be a waisted picm and a high waisted pick at that. I want to draft a qb jist as bad but dont want tk waist a pick either. Just ask the raiders whay happens when you reach and i dont mean money wise. You have to give the qb time tk develope and after those years are upand hes a bust then its time waisted. You dont reach with the 1st overall pick. We either trade down or we wait til 2nd rd or we can trade back up into the 1st rnd. But 1st pick jndraft you make damn sure its the most its a star player.

Holy crap!!! People still want Cassel here? Now I've seen it all.

Cassel has done nothing to show he deserves another shot. I hope I never hear that name again.

As a matter of fact, he has reached the status of THAT kicker. He is now THAT QB to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Release Quinn pos.. keep cassell tanney and get FA qb or 2nd rd pick qb or trade back to first rd and get qb.
    Quinn had a one year contract. We don't need to release him, he is already gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    please stop the talking of keeping cassel. Its giving me a headache and would ruin all my hopes.
    yes. Absolutely this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Holy crap!!! People still want Cassel here? Now I've seen it all.

Cassel has done nothing to show he deserves another shot. I hope I never hear that name again.

As a matter of fact, he has reached the status of THAT kicker. He is now THAT QB to me.
    I had not thought of him in quite that infamous way. That is truly saying something to have sunk so low.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 02-06-2013 at 03:39 PM.

So a year and a half cancels out 6 years of terrible QB play for smith? If smith would take less money, then i'd be okay with it but he's going to ask for a lot

Fans of 49ers feel the same way about smith as we do about cassel, they've called for his head since about 08 when he got benched for JT O'Sullivan. He finally got a good OC and HC and stability and he did good and now he's become one of the hottest and most accurate qb's in the league? common people use some common sense please.

Cassel has had better stats in less games played in, he's cheaper, we already have him and don't have to waste a pick to get him. He's proven he can do what we need him to do. The fans turned on him in a bum deal for cassel. He had ZERO stability around him other than jamaal charles, and even then he wasn't used right. The line has been in flux, the receivers other than bowe have been wretched, and the playcalling and game managing/adjustment making has been the WORST IN THE HISTORY of the NFL. think about that people. Historically BAD!!! coming from someone who went to probowl in 2010 and had a top 5 season out of ALL QB's in 2008.

I'll call it now.. Matt Cassel is on this team this season and there is a possibility he starts game 1

Matt Matt Matt.....yeaaaaaa Matt

I'll say this...He's better than what we have. Not great, but he's definitely better.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast