Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith...

Default Alex Smith...

May well be on the chopping block this off season.

...Worth a trade??? If so, who/what???

Thank you the pheonix. Thats a great review of alex and iv been trying to tell everyone you cant compare cassel and smith. Cassel just plain sucks. I dont watch the 49ers much but when i have and seen smitu play i always liked his play. I saw a qb who can lead and throw and a smart qb. When i watch cassel i just ask myself how bad can this guy suck. Cant throw anything beyond 10 yards and cant get to his second read. Oh and happy feet. Cassel just plain sucks.

lol. So your telling me if alex smith would have been our QB the last 4 years we would have been any better? your delusional if you think so. could alex smith come here and lead this team to more wins then we got last year? of course, cause it's a new system and we actually have a coach that knows what the **** he's doing!!! Would cassel do the same? Yep.

Maybe people forget but what happen when we played the 49ers in 2010? Just 1 year and a coaching change from being 1 play away from going to the superbowl? Oh ya thats right we waffle stomped them. Sacked smith how many times? 5! picked him off once, strip sacked him once. He got a garbage time TD in the 4th at the end of the game. Ya he's such an upgrade!!! We should totally bring him in to be our starter for 5 years so we can go back to being mediocre. Smith is not the answer and neither is cassel, but i'm not willing to give up a possible 3rd rounder for smith when we already have him here under contract and can restructure it.

Smith got outplayed on arguably a better team by matt cassel with good coaching. Sorry it's the truth
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201009...alyze=boxscore

Alex Smith is better than Cassel. My sticking point is that Alex Smith is going to want a multi year deal with starting QB money. 49'ers are gonna want at least our 2nd rd pick(#34 overall) and likely more. I'm not sure he is worth lots of money or commitment and draft picks. That's what I hope Andy Reid can answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Alex Smith is better than Cassel. My sticking point is that Alex Smith is going to want a multi year deal with starting QB money. 49'ers are gonna want at least our 2nd rd pick(#34 overall) and likely more. I'm not sure he is worth lots of money or commitment and draft picks. That's what I hope Andy Reid can answer.
    The appeal that Alex Smith brings to the table, in my mind, is that he's still young and experienced especially with the type of system Reid will be implementing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    The appeal that Alex Smith brings to the table, in my mind, is that he's still young and experienced especially with the type of system Reid will be implementing.
    All true, but I am with Coach in that Smith will NOT be worth what they will ask for in trade. Plus having to take on whatever is left on his current contract. I don't want to see this team make another "THAT QB" mistake again.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    All true, but I am with Coach in that Smith will NOT be worth what they will ask for in trade. Plus having to take on whatever is left on his current contract. I don't want to see this team make another "THAT QB" mistake again.
    Good point. If we acquire him, then it tells me that Clark's number one priority is no longer his pocket book.

Good point. If we acquire him, then it tells me that Clark's number one priority is no longer his pocket book.
    The only thing that will answer that question is if we re-sign Bowe and Albert. Releasing THAT QB and Jackson would make that easy.

The only thing that will answer that question is if we re-sign Bowe and Albert. Releasing THAT QB and Jackson would make that easy.
    That's true, but should Alex Smith come here then he, too, will want to "get paid".

That's true, but should Alex Smith come here then he, too, will want to "get paid".
    Yeah, and I will just shoot myself because the Chiefs are doing the same thing they always do.

Yeah, and I will just shoot myself because the Chiefs are doing the same thing they always do.
    Don't do it Guru! It's not worth it. I don't think it's, exactly, the case this time. We're not talking about an over the hill, used up, washed up, has-been, never-will-be, hopeful or wanna-be, Alex Smith is at least a proven starter. However, I understand the arguments you make.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast