Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: KC and the QB Problem

Default KC and the QB Problem

This a tremendous read by a NFL Draft nut Eric Stoner (@ECStoner on Twitter). It basically supports what I've been trying to say (we need to take a QB round 1).

The summary is he groups quarterbacks into 4 tiers. The top 2 tiers pretty much consist of the best quarterbacks in the league. Tier 3 he describes as "good enough to not get replaced" and tier 4 is the Brady Quinn's of the world.

Of the 13 QBs in the top 2 tiers, 11 of them were first round draft picks. The only two were Drew Brees (1st pick in the 2nd round) and Matt Schaub (3rd round).

The Chiefs, in order to maximize their chances of getting a QBOTF (a tier1/tier2 guy) need to take a QB in the first round.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...the-qb-problem

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The Belcher incident is probably the Camel that broke the straw back for a lot within the Chiefs organization. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pioli, Crennel, and a few others hand in their resignations after this season.
    Would think so, too. Even if Hunt told Pioli or Crennel they could stay..Not sure they'd do it, given what happened with Belcher and this turd of a season. Think it's just better for Pioli and Crennel to move on and get re-established someplace else.

We don't need a round 1 qb. We need a really good qb.

Although, I have to say, Cousins with Washington would have been a good one for the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    We don't need a round 1 qb. We need a really good qb.

Although, I have to say, Cousins with Washington would have been a good one for the Chiefs.
    And kapernick or russel Wilson. We really screwed the pooch not taking a qb last draft.

You left out the most successful one. T. Brady i believe was taken in the 5th. But i get what you are saying here. If they dont take one w/ the first pick then they really need to get back into the last first or take one w/ the early second they have. I would even take another of the top qb choices of this year later to have options.

Quote Originally Posted by swochief View Post
    You left out the most successful one. T. Brady i believe was taken in the 5th. But i get what you are saying here. If they dont take one w/ the first pick then they really need to get back into the last first or take one w/ the early second they have. I would even take another of the top qb choices of this year later to have options.
    He was taken in the 6th round. I agree we do need to start the search and draft a QB. No more "other" teams' drop offs. Unless they can find us another Len Dawson, draft a QB until you find "the" guy. We need someone that is able to take this team on his shoulders and run with it.
    Andrew Luck is going to break a lot of records, RG3 will too, if he stays healthy. Dude takes too many big hits. He's tough, don't get me wrong, he just needs to simmer a bit.
    We need a leader that not only practices hard but knows how to play, especially when the chips are down.
    When was the last time we were down and you still had faith we would overcome it?
    I'd say not since Trent Green(the entire offense was deadly) and certainly from there it was not since Joe Montana.
    No more seconds, or hand me downs(like I said earlier, unless it's a Lenny D. type)-draft "the" guy who has "IT".
    Draft a guy who raises the game of everyone else on the team.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456