Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who wants the #1 pick????

Default Who wants the #1 pick????

ideal situation is for us to trade down, BUT who would want to trade up to #1? without a clear franchise QB or record breaking RB, or speed demon WR who would be the undisputed #1 overall pick that multiple teams would covet, and thus be willing to give us multiple picks to trade up for him?
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I believe that was an optomistic approach saying we will win another game and Jax won't.
    Sounds like wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Don't forget that we need more than one QB. I think we can now safely say that Cassel and Quinn are not long term answers. Considering Stanzi has not been capable of even taking a snap, let alone beating out the two awful qb's in front of him I think you can also safely say Dtanzi is not the answer.

We need bare minimum two QB's! Why not draft Geno Smith and Matt Flynn. You need two viable qb's to be legit anyhow. Any Bears fan can tell you that.

My vote is to draft qb's early and often. I don't care if we draft a QB with every pick. How many of those 6th and 7th rd picks actually play anyway? Until we find a QB, the quality of our defense won't matter. The defense has played decent this year. How much did that help us?

There need to be 3-4 new qb's brought in to camp at a MINIMUM!!!!!!
    THIS. Regarding the QBs.

I'm not a fan of Teo as a number one pick either. That is just as big of a reach as going with Geno right now.

Teo really isn't that impressive to me. I can see him being nothing more than average in the NFL.

BPA with number 1 pick. Rest assured - that player won't be Smith.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    THIS. Regarding the QBs.

I'm not a fan of Teo as a number one pick either. That is just as big of a reach as going with Geno right now.

Teo really isn't that impressive to me. I can see him being nothing more than average in the NFL.
    I wish we had been in this position last year with RG3 and Luck on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I wish we had been in this position last year with RG3 and Luck on the board.
    True. It would have been infinitely awesome, but still, Id be happy with a guy like Geno!

Of course you want the number 1 pick. Why wouldn't you?

We want the best qb prospect on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Of course you want the number 1 pick. Why wouldn't you?

We want the best qb prospect on the board.
    Dude how can you argue for this. Last year it was without a question that there were two franchise qbs, can't miss prospects, qb's that come around once in a while. Geno Smith isn't even remotely in the same conversation as these two. So the best prospect on the board projects to go 10 or lower and thats who you take at #!? Lets just hope Geno has one hell of a combine or tryler wilson or matt barkley?

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Keep the first pick and draft the best player available within our needs. There are better QB's available outside the draft this year. Flynn is an example. There's not a QB in the draft worth the #1 pick, so there's no reason to even talk about it.

Don't want Flynn. A rookie beat him out in Seattle. I think they would be better off prying Cousins away from the Redskins. Still need to draft a QB early no matter what else they do(even better would be to draft two).

Sometimes I think we're missing the point...There's even bigger questions with the Chiefs. Will Pioli be around? Who will be the next HC? Who will be the next OC or DC for that matter?

I'm hoping that we do keep the #1 pick. If anything it'll help attract a quality GM or HC into coming to KC.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Dude how can you argue for this. Last year it was without a question that there were two franchise qbs, can't miss prospects, qb's that come around once in a while. Geno Smith isn't even remotely in the same conversation as these two. So the best prospect on the board projects to go 10 or lower and thats who you take at #!? Lets just hope Geno has one hell of a combine or tryler wilson or matt barkley?

Well I have said in the past I would trade the pick down and pick barkley and the CB from bama.

Seeing as that will not happen this year we need to take the best qb prospect on the board, reach or not. Would anyone be complaining if we took Josh Freeman in 2009 at number 3 instead of Tyson Jackson?

No.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast