Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who wants the #1 pick????

Default Who wants the #1 pick????

ideal situation is for us to trade down, BUT who would want to trade up to #1? without a clear franchise QB or record breaking RB, or speed demon WR who would be the undisputed #1 overall pick that multiple teams would covet, and thus be willing to give us multiple picks to trade up for him?
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Until it gets close to draft time we won't really know but that is the problem with everyone saying trade the first pick, it takes another team that covets the pick in order to be able to trade it. I said that earlier in the week, everyone ignores this fact and goes on and talks about trading it as though it is easy.

I think we need to focus on QB. If we aren't sure that our top QB prospect is going to still be on the board when we trade down I wouldn't make a trade.

We might get a free agent qb and we can get our lb

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs fanatic View Post
    I think we need to focus on QB. If we aren't sure that our top QB prospect is going to still be on the board when we trade down I wouldn't make a trade.
    Jax is the first team
    that will pick a QB

The person who said jax will we the first team to draft a a qb is wrong. And people saying we will trade away our pick are dreaming. Kc will use there first pick to draft a qb. I garantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    The person who said jax will we the first team to draft a a qb is wrong. And people saying we will trade away our pick are dreaming. Kc will use there first pick to draft a qb. I garantee it.

if the CHIEFS keep the #1 pick and use it on a QB they need to fire whomever they just hired as GM and coach,
    the jags are the first team other than the CHIEFS in the top 10 piks that are expected to draft a QB and thus would be a likely candidate as a trade partner.

and be carefull what you "guarantee"

Keep the first pick and draft the best player available within our needs. There are better QB's available outside the draft this year. Flynn is an example. There's not a QB in the draft worth the #1 pick, so there's no reason to even talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    if the CHIEFS keep the #1 pick and use it on a QB they need to fire whomever they just hired as GM and coach,
    the jags are the first team other than the CHIEFS in the top 10 piks that are expected to draft a QB and thus would be a likely candidate as a trade partner.

and be carefull what you "guarantee"
    Thats what is going to happen. A new gm will be picking. Probably geno smith

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Keep the first pick and draft the best player available within our needs. There are better QB's available outside the draft this year. Flynn is an example. There's not a QB in the draft worth the #1 pick, so there's no reason to even talk about it.
    I agree

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast