Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Chiefs player commits suicide at Arrowhead Stadium

Default Breaking: Chiefs player commits suicide at Arrowhead Stadium

Apparently there has been a possible shooting incident (possible suicide) at Arrowhead involving a player thought to be jovan belcher.

Truly shocking.

Report: Chiefs player commits suicide at Arrowhead after killing girlfriend | ProFootballTalk
    Last edited by Coach; 12-01-2012 at 11:12 AM.

I'm amazed to see how many people's lives have been touched by a suicide in their own family/friends. I think it's a much bigger problem that we are led to believe.

the Panthers went thru this with a RB named Fred Lane many years back. from wiki:

On July 5, 2000, Lane made a phone call to his father telling him that he wanted to sell his motorcycle because he needed the cash. On July 6, 2000, he was shot and killed by his wife Deidra during an alleged domestic dispute. Law enforcement investigators believe Deidra Lane shot her husband moments after he arrived at their Mecklenburg home for the $5 million in life insurance he carried.

Deidra pled guilty to voluntary manslaughter. She claimed that Fred emotionally and physically abused her; however, the judge ruled that the shooting was premeditated and that she deliberately shot Fred twice, even though the first shot rendered him helpless. The judge determined that those factors outweighed the alleged abuse and gave her eight years in prison, the maximum sentence allowed. She served her sentence at Raleigh Correctional Center for Women. She was released on March 3, 2009.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm amazed to see how many people's lives have been touched by a suicide in their own family/friends. I think it's a much bigger problem that we are led to believe.
    Indeed.
    My uncle shot himself in the head wirh a .357 and wasnt successful.. you can imagine the damage done. He died from complications 13 years later. Alcohol and jealousy. A nasty mix.

remembering former Chiefs lineman Jim Tyrer

Saturday's tragic news that Jovan Belcher murdered his girlfriend before killing himself summoned the painful memory of another murder-suicide involving a member of the Kansas City Chiefs organization

story
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

This is tragic news. My condolensces to the families involved and Chiefs nation.

I'm sure I'm not the first, but wanted to extend my condolences to the Chiefs organization and the families and friends affected. I'm sure many from Bronco nation do the same.

I will be rooting for you guys today.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoGirl View Post
    I'm sure I'm not the first, but wanted to extend my condolences to the Chiefs organization and the families and friends affected. I'm sure many from Bronco nation do the same.

thanks, we do appreciate it
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoGirl View Post

Thanks. They are playing really good today;)

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    My life has been touched by suicide and what makes me sad is that javon belcher is being portrayed as a violent woman beater. Something happened he snapped but depression is a disease not an act of violence as most people are saying. I am in no way saying he didn't make a mistake but something happened that none of us will ever know. He has been nothing but praised and his actions of Saturday are shocking to all that knew him. Javon deserves to be acknowledged for his accomplishments before the tragedy. He was the epitome of hard work gets you places. His depression/ or crime of passion is an isolated incident. The daughter left behind should be the focus.

He called his mom to come help first folks. There is something here that we will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    My life has been touched by suicide and what makes me sad is that javon belcher is being portrayed as a violent woman beater. Something happened he snapped but depression is a disease not an act of violence as most people are saying. I am in no way saying he didn't make a mistake but something happened that none of us will ever know. He has been nothing but praised and his actions of Saturday are shocking to all that knew him. Javon deserves to be acknowledged for his accomplishments before the tragedy. He was the epitome of hard work gets you places. His depression/ or crime of passion is an isolated incident. The daughter left behind should be the focus.

He called his mom to come help first folks. There is something here that we will never know.
    I'm sorry, but I will not show any sympathy for a guy that shot his wife 9 times in front of her mother and then chose to take his own life forcing a 3-month old child to grow up never knowing her parents.

Furthermore, if this was some kook down the street, we would not take the time to acknowledge him for things he did previously in his life. We should not place him on a pedestal simply because he played in the almighty NFL.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast