Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Breaking: Chiefs player commits suicide at Arrowhead Stadium

Default Breaking: Chiefs player commits suicide at Arrowhead Stadium

Apparently there has been a possible shooting incident (possible suicide) at Arrowhead involving a player thought to be jovan belcher.

Truly shocking.

Report: Chiefs player commits suicide at Arrowhead after killing girlfriend | ProFootballTalk
    Last edited by Coach; 12-01-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    You're right Chiefster, it's tiresome with these idiots who think that it's the guns' fault. He shot her 9 times. Would he have stabbed her 30? Strangled her? Beat her to death? Bob Costas is an *** and always will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    They both believe that they know that Jovan wouldn't have murdered her had he not had a gun around, and they nor anyone else can prove what he would have done. Their logic is basically that if banning guns can save lives, then it should be done. What they fail to acknowledge though is that not banning guns also saves lives.
    Agreed, They both fail to address, IMO, the real issue that being the crime itself. Murder and suicide existed long before there were firearms. I don't own a firearm nor am I card carrying member of the NRA, I simply recognize where this line of thinking leads and it's not a good place. If "they" can take away a persons right to bear arms then what's to keep them from stripping us of other freedoms as well.

Nothing is anyone's own fault anymore. Had Javon not had a gun, then he would not have killed anyone. Really? So its not Javon's fault that he shot his girlfriend, it is the fault of the gun culture.

It is not Javon's fault that he is a murderor, it is because he was messed up on meds. Really? So now it is the NFL's fault too.

And we play into that crap. Honoring him and memorilizing him. He is the one that performed this heinous crime, yet we have all of these people trying to blame others, and we have all of this honoring for a man that committed murder.

He should be shunned, forgotten, put away, but because this guy played professional football, we put him up on a pedestal higher than others and consider him above reproach for his own decisions and actions.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Police say the Chiefs had been providing counseling to Belcher and his girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins. Police Sgt. Richard Sharp told The Star that the couple had been arguing over relationship and financial issues for months and that the team had been "bending over backward" trying to help them.

According to the New York Post, Belcher had dinner with another women Friday night before staying over at her apartment. After returning to his home on the 5400 block of Crysler Avenue, The Star reports that he and Perkins were heard arguing.

That's when the yelling, and ultimately the gunfire, began.

source
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Nothing is anyone's own fault anymore. Had Javon not had a gun, then he would not have killed anyone. Really? So its not Javon's fault that he shot his girlfriend, it is the fault of the gun culture.

It is not Javon's fault that he is a murderor, it is because he was messed up on meds. Really? So now it is the NFL's fault too.

And we play into that crap. Honoring him and memorilizing him. He is the one that performed this heinous crime, yet we have all of these people trying to blame others, and we have all of this honoring for a man that committed murder.

He should be shunned, forgotten, put away, but because this guy played professional football, we put him up on a pedestal higher than others and consider him above reproach for his own decisions and actions.
    I feel for the girl friends family, Among them Jamaal Charles, and their three month old daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Amen to this post. Hearing more about the situation, he is starting to sound like a real piece of work

Still waiting for the "product of his enviroment" excuse.
    Heard the cops found him drunk in a car in front of another womans house that he had been with friday night. And this guy is giving her a hard time about coming home at 1am? Nice
    Last edited by KCraised; 12-04-2012 at 12:39 PM.

I have not read everything so I am not sure what has been said, but from what I have heard and this is me putting different stories together and just my opinion and not to be considered a credited source. The incident this weekend was not about him owning a gun it was about a young person that lived the life of a NFL player with women and money.

Friends of Belcher say he heavily drank every night, and was on pain killers prescribed for his pain playing in the NFL. Some speculate that he was stressed as his career was looking over as he was being phased out of the defense specially against Denver. Others say he had head injuries and probably should have not played against Denver so the Chiefs schemed around him.

He and his girlfiend have been in domestic disputes for months, in which she has said she will take him to court to get as much money from him as she could. To me, he did something to really piss her off and bieng a NFL player I am guessing he was not very loyal to her and she caught him cheating, proabably more than once.

A couple months ago she moved to TX and ended their relationship. Apparently he ended up talking her into moving back with him in KC, in which they still had disputes mostly stating about money.

Friday night, Belcher was reported to be at the KC power and light district partying, while the girlfriend was at the Uptown partying. Just blocks away from each other. Maybe she saw him with another girl, I have not heard but the policy report stated that did not come home as he stayed with a different girl. When he came home, the girlfriend probably told Belcher to get his check book out she was done with him after giving him more than one chance. I am sure the toll of constant bickering and the confratation caused Belcher to lose total control of himself and he killed his girlfriend. Maybe it wouldn't have happened if he didn't have a gun, but 9 shots was enough hate that he could have killed her throwing something at her, or just beating her to death.

Belcher then went to Arrowhead to tank Pioli and Crennel and as the policy showed up he showed his remorse for his mistake and took judement upon himself.

All this talk about this being out of character is basically them not talking trash on a their friends after he is gone.
    Last edited by Seek; 12-04-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Hey Whitlock **** YOU!

and Bob Costas you worthless dumb**** **** YOU TOO!

What a steaming pile of **** and quite possibly the ****tiest ****ing timing on purpose I've seen.

Self righteous ****sticks.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Belcher's mother's frantic 911 call

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213