vs.
    Carolina Panthers (3-8)

Sunday, December 2, 12:00PM Central Time

at

Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, KS

on FOX

Watch online: Kansas City Chiefs vs Carolina Panthers Live Stream Online
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I dont like the idea of letting him go, because then we need to draft someone to be a backup tackle. Id rather have a really good backup and sign Albert for a reasonable price.
    I got a better idea. Sign Albert as a backup for cheap & if he won't do it, let him walk. Albert has got a back problem & he probably won't get a big contract offer from another team that people think he's going to get. Stephenson brings a mean streak to the LT position that Albert never did.

They might look at getting a backup swing Tackle via FA first before drafting one. They'll have the cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    The more I watch him play the more I see them letting Albert go. Financially it just makes sense.
    Notice how Jeff Allen seems to be playing better the last two games since Stephenson stepped in along side of him? People may not think so, but it's starting to look like Stephenson and Allen playing together full time have upgraded the left side of their O-Line over Albert and Lilja.

Besides, Stephenson and Allen are not only the present, they are the future. Albert and Lilja are the past or at least, soon to be.

If Pioli did one thing right, it may have been drafting the left side of the Chiefs O-line this past spring which could be excellent for many years to come.

Great to get another win, I only wished it would have been under better circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I dont like the idea of letting him go, because then we need to draft someone to be a backup tackle. Id rather have a really good backup and sign Albert for a reasonable price.
    Problem is he's going to cost a lot of money. In the NFL today, it's extremely inefficient to spend a ton of money on a position, even if you really need help at that position. That's why it's a luxury to get a guy like Stephenson that is cheap and can get the job done. It's also part of the reason you see teams like the Steelers and Patriots rarely resign their players at top dollar, because they continually draft well.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Notice how Jeff Allen seems to be playing better the last two games since Stephenson stepped in along side of him? People may not think so, but it's starting to look like Stephenson and Allen playing together full time have upgraded the left side of their O-Line over Albert and Lilja.

Besides, Stephenson and Allen are not only the present, they are the future. Albert and Lilja are the past or at least, soon to be.

If Pioli did one thing right, it may have been drafting the left side of the Chiefs O-line this past spring which could be excellent for many years to come.
    Yep. I was very worried about letting Albert walk after this year, but we may just have found a way to re-franchise Bowe. For all the reasons I mentioned above, these 2 should be very solid additions to this team. Can't wait to get Hudson in the middle!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011