Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: QBs and Super Bowl Contenders

Default QBs and Super Bowl Contenders

Coming into the season, there was little doubt as to who the Super Bowl contenders were. The stalwarts like:

Patriots-Brady
    Steelers-Roethlesberger
    Ravens-Flacco
    Falcons-Ryan
    Texans-Shaub
    Packers-Rogers
    Giants-Manning

As horrible as the Chiefs offense has been this season, they still have a defense ranked #15 in the league. Pair that defense with an offense that can control the clock and keep them fresh, and Chiefs would have a top 10 or even top 5 defense. The offensive line ranks in the top 5. The Chiefs have the 4th best rushing attack. They have 2 first round picks at WR along with Breaston, McCluster, and a great pass catching TE in Moeaki. This team as an above average special teams unit as well.

The Chiefs, as a full unit, have fewer holes on their team than the perennial Super Bowl contenders. So, what are we missing? We can sit here and blame coaching until we're blue in the face, but the point of the matter is that this team won't be able to do anything until they address the most important position on the team. No coaching staff will have a chance at success as long as Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn are under center.

If you don't believe me, go watch the Steelers being led by Charlie Batch. They're AWFUL. They look a lot like Chiefs, in fact.

I think it's fair to say that after the last couple weeks, we can remove Quinn from any further discussion about him getting a chance to start for this team next season.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think it's fair to say that after the last couple weeks, we can remove Quinn from any further discussion about him getting a chance to start for this team next season.
    I tend to agree. At the same time, I gotta wonder if ANY Qb can succeed under the clown show of Crennel/Dabol.
    SHUT IT

Yeah, I've gotta say I'm a little shocked at how these players look like they have just quit on RAC

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678