Thread: Chiefs 7 Round Mock Draft

Default Chiefs 7 Round Mock Draft

Here's the first I've seen of it's kind. Since we're officially out of the playoffs, time to start mocking!

I really like the point he makes about Geno Smith/Matt Ryan. I completely forgot that Ryan wasn't viewed as a can't miss prospect. That's part of the reason Parcells drafted Jake Long first overall instead of Ryan.

Kansas City Chiefs 7 Round Mock Draft | KC Chiefs Draft - 2013 NFL Draft

I thought it was a little weak. Although, we're a few months out, so it's tough to do them right now. Overall, I woud see it as a "C" draft. However, I loved the Mathieu pick in the 3rd for the same reason I was mocking Burfict in the early rounds last year. Talent is talent is talent is talent. Picks in the 3-7 rounds are 50/50 shots anyway. The ones who stick around are the ones with supreme talent who happen to fall for some reason (see Justin Houston and Vontaze Burfict).

With your gun to my head and no trades on December 7th, my 7 rounds would look like this:

1. Manti Te'o, LB Notre Dame
    2. Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas
    3a. Carrington Byndom, CB Texas
    3b (Carr comp). Tyronne Mathieu, S LSU (I don't care about the off the field issues picking in the 70s if you're the absolute best athlete in the draft.)
    4. Nico Johnson, LB Alabama
    5. Ryan Swope, WR TAMU
    6. Shawn Williams, SS UGA
    7. Branden Smith, CB UGA

The O-line is in good shape with plenty of depth next season when everyone comes back healthy. Getting an elite ILB with some depth behind them is essential. Getting the two defensive leaders from the National championship teams who know how to win would be great picks. Addressing the secondary should be the biggest goal behind QB this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I thought it was a little weak. Although, we're a few months out, so it's tough to do them right now. Overall, I woud see it as a "C" draft. However, I loved the Mathieu pick in the 3rd for the same reason I was mocking Burfict in the early rounds last year. Talent is talent is talent is talent. Picks in the 3-7 rounds are 50/50 shots anyway. The ones who stick around are the ones with supreme talent who happen to fall for some reason (see Justin Houston and Vontaze Burfict).

With your gun to my head and no trades on December 7th, my 7 rounds would look like this:

3b (Carr comp). Tyronne Mathieu, S LSU (I don't care about the off the field issues picking in the 70s if you're the absolute best athlete in the draft.)
    5. Ryan Swope, WR TAMU
    7. Branden Smith, CB UGA

The O-line is in good shape with plenty of depth next season when everyone comes back healthy. Getting an elite ILB with some depth behind them is essential. Getting the two defensive leaders from the National championship teams who know how to win would be great picks. Addressing the secondary should be the biggest goal behind QB this offseason.
    I think this would be the safer draft, if we're picking first overall, we need as close to an impact player sure thing as we can get

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

5. Ryan Swope, WR TAMU
    7. Branden Smith, CB UGA

I like that draft myself would address a lot of needs for this team
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Tex as I like yours b better

Te'o is an outstanding college player, but I am not sold on his impact at the NFL level.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)