Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Breaston

Default Steve Breaston

7 Receptions for 74 yards in the entire 2012 season.

Contract: 5 yr(s) / $22,550,000
    Signing Bonus:$5,000,000
    End Year: 2015
    Free Agent: 2016 / Unrestricted
    Base Bonus Cap
    2012: 2,050,000 2,500,000 4,550,000
    2013: 3,800,000 1,200,000 5,000,000
    2014: 3,000,000 2,200,000 5,200,000
    2015: 4,100,000 2,200,000 6,300,000

Anyone know what the story is with this guy?

Yep I don't really think it's an injury he's never listed as limited or anything. Our coaching staff just doesn't know what to do with talent how people don't see how this coaching staff is the biggest problem I will never no
    I think it's because cassel repeatedly focused on bowe. I remember a few of those catches were at critical times. The coaching is really bad, there are many targets that have gone unused...Maneri, moeaki. I like breaston but if you buy a jaguar with big monthly payments and let it sit in the garage then you're the idiot. They should drive him more often.
    The problem with Breaston is not talent, drive or desire.....it's coaching and Cassel. Our team is LOADED with talent and we simply are not using it. Our entire offense amounts to JC and Bowe.

Positively shameful.
    Agreed on all points. Yeah Cassel did focus on Bowe, but it's not uncommon for QB's to have that one go-to guy. Quinn did the same thing today, look at the results...

It's preaching to the choir, but can only relate the coaching problem this way...Imagine what Dick Vermeil and Al Saunders could've done if they had the recieving corps that we have now. Now, look at what Crennel, Dabol and Zorn have accomplished....BIG difference.

It sucks that the Chiefs season is lower than whale doo-doo but it's time to move on, play what we've got on the benches and start evaluating talent while the team is in a spot to afford more losses, and get ready for 2013 regardless of who's coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    The problem with Breaston is not talent, drive or desire.....it's coaching and Cassel. Our team is LOADED with talent and we simply are not using it. Our entire offense amounts to JC and Bowe.

Positively shameful.

We are not loaded with talent. We have some pieces but we are definitely not loaded with talent.

He was Haley's guy. Haley is gone so he is now the red head step child.

That being said, when I went to watch Traning camp he looked very disconnected from this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    He is my exhibit A for coaching being the main problem with this team. He has just seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth. He's much better then what he has shown this year. He has not been put in position to do well this year and that falls on the heads of the coaches of this team.

For the most part..Agreed. For the remainder, he is a PRO and HAS to step-up as well. They are grown men, ya know.

Read in the KC star a couple days ago, they had an article about Breaston not being used, and said that Crennel felt that Breaston didn't have "an understanding of the offense". Nope, not making that up.

In dire need of receiver, Crennel still reluctant to start Breaston - KansasCity.com

There needs to be a massive housecleaning of management and coaching staff. Period. If that's the mentality of the OC/HC, it shouldn't be any surprise that our offense stinks.

Not sure if its a loaded roster or not anymore but this deal w/ Breaston has to be he pissed off the stupid coaching in some way. Probably insulted their lack of intelligence by letting them know the game plans suck sewer water.

I'm inclined to agree.

crenell was really ticked off at the press for reporting that the reason breaston was not playing was that he did not understand the offense. he blamed the press for not reporting what he had said correctly, then he read a transcript of his statement about breaston, which is exactly the quote above. when asked again by a reporter "doesn't that mean he doesn't fully understand the offense?" romeo got even madder and said they were misinterpreting what he had said. the reporters i think had a collective "HUH????" you can find both press conferences on arrowhead pride, kc star and i believe the CHIEFS home page, makes for some head scatching reading.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    crenell was really ticked off at the press for reporting that the reason breaston was not playing was that he did not understand the offense. he blamed the press for not reporting what he had said correctly, then he read a transcript of his statement about breaston, which is exactly the quote above. when asked again by a reporter "doesn't that mean he doesn't fully understand the offense?" romeo got even madder and said they were misinterpreting what he had said. the reporters i think had a collective "HUH????" you can find both press conferences on arrowhead pride, kc star and i believe the CHIEFS home page, makes for some head scatching reading.
    ?!?!?!

Wouldn't it be poetic justice if we keep Breaston through all of this? Bowe's probably going to be gone, Baldwin so far has been a bust, so we're going to need all the experienced help on WR we can retain.

Breaston did perform well under haley, i thought Baldwin, Bowe, Breaston would be the killer "B"'s the best WR trio in football. a poor QB, poor OC, poor coach, Bowe and Balwin inconsistant and no Breaston.....didn't turn out the way i invisioned
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast