Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What I want to see

Default What I want to see

I want the meanest, nastiest, most in your face coach out there. Someone who will make Haley look like sweet gentle grandmother. Someone who will make Lambardi look like a cream puff.

One thing we've learned this year is our players have ZERO self motivation. They've taken the year off under RC. To get anything out of them they need someone in their face 24/7.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Anytime the Chiefs have gone with someone popular with the players...things haven't turned out well.

It didn't work with Wiggims, Herm Edwards or Crennel, all three of which that were popular with the players.

Three more games...I will be so thankful when this season is OVER.
    DV was a players coach!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    DV was a players coach!
    True DV was popular with the players, but he's more the exception than the rule. He was also notorious for very long tough practices, and guys competed for him to the point of fistfights every other practice.

But if a HC candidate comes in that's popular with the players and says that he'll have "shorter but more uptempo" practices the way Herm did....Warning flag!!

I talked to Ray Mcelroy (who played corner for the Colts) in high school when he came to speak at our school 8 or so years ago, he said Jim Mora Sr. is the meanest coach you could ever have.

So there ya go.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 12-10-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I talked to Ray Mcelroy (who played corner for the Colts) in high school when he came to speak at our school 8 or so years ago, he said Jim Mora Sr. is the meanest coach you could ever have.

So there ya go.
    Does he have a son he's gotta be pushing 70???

True DV was popular with the players, but he's more the exception than the rule. He was also notorious for very long tough practices, and guys competed for him to the point of fistfights every other practice.

But if a HC candidate comes in that's popular with the players and says that he'll have "shorter but more uptempo" practices the way Herm did....Warning flag!!
    Remember the baby comment in reference to Larry Johnson he calls players out.

Just give me a coach that holds players accountable. Great coaches do that.

Just clean house. Start w/ the GM and probably most if not all the front office , the head coach and his OC absolutely must go , not sure who all needs to go on the defensive side.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Just give me a coach that holds players accountable. Great coaches do that.
    ...This!

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Remember the baby comment in reference to Larry Johnson he calls players out.
    Yes, he did call LJ out, and did his best to put LJ's ego in check. But LJ was also an exceptional (^tthead. 52 other guys on that team didn't seem to have a problem with working hard for DV.

Whatever happened to LJ anyway? Has he lost all his money yet?

Whatever happened to LJ anyway? Has he lost all his money yet?
    Larry: "@jaredlaunius Sorry ur a cornball n ur mom birthed u broke. But I'm cakn patna. While u work or school for 5 dollas n hour. Ha!"

I think his bakery business is still going.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123