Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Geno Smith Scouting Films

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default Geno Smith Scouting Films


    0 Not allowed!
    Here it is from the Iowa State and KU games, the good, the bad, and the ugly.



    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Not even a "highlight" tape. That's a scouting tape showing every single snap.
    What's your point? It shows every throw he makes, doesn't it?

    If you're criticizing because you think it shows EVERY snap including runs, then you're wrong and didn't watch the video.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    691
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    The FA QB that nobody wanted last year and never even had 1 start over rookie Russell Wilson?
    Over giving up a first round pick on a college qb that's never had an NFL start, and appears to be slightly above average at best. Yep. I wouldn't sell the farm for Flynn, but I wouldn't give up a first pick on Geno either.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 591
    Given: 774

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Over giving up a first round pick on a college qb that's never had an NFL start, and appears to be slightly above average at best. Yep. I wouldn't sell the farm for Flynn, but I wouldn't give up a first pick on Geno either.
    Wrong guy regarding Flynn. I'd rather have Kirk Cousins. Cousins is very good leader and he can play in this league.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,783
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 406
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Wrong guy regarding Flynn. I'd rather have Kirk Cousins. Cousins is very good leader and he can play in this league.
    I would be happy with Cousins as well.
    ​BAN ROY


  6. #15
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,173
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    As I watched that tape, I'm not sure that I ever saw Geno Smith go thru progressions. Less than five times did he throw to his 2nd option and I think all of those were when he was being flushed from the pocket.

    I'm not a QB expert, but that would be a concern for me. If you laser lock every WR, you will have a short NFL career because NFL DB's are fast enough to intercept those passes.

    I want us to take a QB with the first pick, just not sure who. I also want them to bring a free agent QB to compete. We need at least 2 new QB's on this roster.


  7. #16
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    As I watched that tape, I'm not sure that I ever saw Geno Smith go thru progressions. Less than five times did he throw to his 2nd option and I think all of those were when he was being flushed from the pocket.

    I'm not a QB expert, but that would be a concern for me. If you laser lock every WR, you will have a short NFL career because NFL DB's are fast enough to intercept those passes.

    I want us to take a QB with the first pick, just not sure who. I also want them to bring a free agent QB to compete. We need at least 2 new QB's on this roster.
    That has been one of his knocks, along with his footwork, but I'm pretty sure Holgerson uses a lot of one-read plays where it's quick slants and screens. I have seen Geno go through his progressions when a big play needs to be made. The big reason I want Geno is because of his deep-ball accuracy. Nothing fazes him and he can make every throw, even in tight coverage. Every other flaw he has can be coached through.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    What's your point? It shows every throw he makes, doesn't it?

    If you're criticizing because you think it shows EVERY snap including runs, then you're wrong and didn't watch the video.
    Bro, I'm complimenting the tape b/c it's like a highlight tape, but it's really a scouting tape.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    As I watched that tape, I'm not sure that I ever saw Geno Smith go thru progressions. Less than five times did he throw to his 2nd option and I think all of those were when he was being flushed from the pocket.
    5:50 in the Iowa State game and the play right after he does a good job of scanning the field. I'll have to rewatch more later but am watching the Chiefs right now. Just wanted to point those out.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Bro, I'm complimenting the tape b/c it's like a highlight tape, but it's really a scouting tape.
    Sorry, just misunderstood ya!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    1,771
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    No to geno

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley
    By AussieChiefsFan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 371
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 04:30 AM
  2. Blow for Geno
    By Ryfo18 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 02:56 PM
  3. Possible new Director of College Scouting
    By ChiefMojo in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 07:43 AM
  4. Foreign Films
    By doobs_05 in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 03:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •