Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith Scouting Films

Default Geno Smith Scouting Films

Here it is from the Iowa State and KU games, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    his numbers haven't even been that good honestly, yards are decent, td's are decent, int's are low and completion percentage is good. But i've watched him play against k-state and a couple other games and i just don't see it. His completion % and picks are good because he runs a schemed offense with 1 read, against sub-par competition and if his primary isn't open he panics and tries to scramble, while doing so he'll look around but he never really intends to pass it unless someone is wide open. And if his 1 read is covered he'll still try to force it rather than go thru progressions.. case in point his k-state game when he threw picks and was throwing a temper tantrum on the bench.

He is not the best this draft has to offer. I would put him as the 3rd maybe 4th best QB in this draft. and the gap is close between all of them i just see geno as having the highest potential to bust
    Are the Sooners a sub-par opponent? He TORCHED them! Watch that scouting vid of him against the Sooners and tell me he sucks.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Trade overall first pick to the Redskins for KC, then if still on the board, draft the player that should have won the Heisman.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 12-19-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Trade overall first pick to the Redskins for KC, then if still on the board, draft the player that should have won the Heisman.
    Collin Klein is Tim Tebow......

No

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Collin Klein is Tim Tebow......

No
    I said trade the first pick to get KC, and if still on the board take CK. Did not say what round. But I will inject this, I see CK as a play maker and a leader, do not sell him short, he has the skills. If he is on the board, I would draft him.

Eww no tebow no ck

And I've seen more examples than what's over there on that page.

Ryfo18 and Three7's,

The people that are anti-Geno are dismissing his ability to throw the football and his pocket presence <---- you don't teach those things, either a guy has it or he doesn't. That, to me, is what sets him apart from the other QB's. Just about everything else can be coached up.

The bottom line is there are no iron-clad guarantees in the NFL draft as any prospect can bust -- including Te'o. Since there is a new CBA in place, why not take a chance on a guy that can throw the football & has the pocket presence that Geno Smith has? If he turns out to be a quality QB, then he's worth the #1 overall pick, assuming that they can't trade down or make a trade for Kirk Cousins. The biggest problem is the Chiefs haven't taken that chance on any QB above the 5th round since 2006, and it's killing them while other teams are cashing in.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 12-22-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    And I've seen more examples than what's over there on that page.

Ryfo18 and Three7's,

The people that are anti-Geno are dismissing his ability to throw the football and his pocket presence <---- you don't teach those things, either a guy has it or he doesn't. That, to me, is what sets him apart from the other QB's. Just about everything else can be coached up.

The bottom line is there are no iron-clad guarantees in the NFL draft as any prospect can bust -- including Te'o. Since there is a new CBA in place, why not take a chance on a guy that can throw the football & has the pocket presence that Geno Smith has? If he turns out to be a quality QB, then he's worth the #1 overall pick, assuming that they can't trade down or make a trade for Kirk Cousins. The biggest problem is the Chiefs haven't taken that chance on any QB above the 5th round since 2006, and it's killing them while other teams are cashing in.

Geno runs a spread offense and I haven't seen him under center once. It's easy to have pocket awareness in that style offense. Is he rgiii, I highly highly doubt it. He reminds me of Blaine gabbert. No thank you.

Blaine left after his junior year so their sophomore and junior years are what we have to go by

Blaine threw for 40tds and 18 ints 6686 yards
    Geno 54 tds 14 ints 7148 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Geno runs a spread offense and I haven't seen him under center once. It's easy to have pocket awareness in that style offense. Is he rgiii, I highly highly doubt it. He reminds me of Blaine gabbert. No thank you.
    Really? That's interesting.....

Sorry about the size, but it's still pretty easy to see the point.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast