Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith Scouting Films

Default Geno Smith Scouting Films

Here it is from the Iowa State and KU games, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Not even a "highlight" tape. That's a scouting tape showing every single snap.
    What's your point? It shows every throw he makes, doesn't it?

If you're criticizing because you think it shows EVERY snap including runs, then you're wrong and didn't watch the video.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

The FA QB that nobody wanted last year and never even had 1 start over rookie Russell Wilson?
    Over giving up a first round pick on a college qb that's never had an NFL start, and appears to be slightly above average at best. Yep. I wouldn't sell the farm for Flynn, but I wouldn't give up a first pick on Geno either.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Over giving up a first round pick on a college qb that's never had an NFL start, and appears to be slightly above average at best. Yep. I wouldn't sell the farm for Flynn, but I wouldn't give up a first pick on Geno either.
    Wrong guy regarding Flynn. I'd rather have Kirk Cousins. Cousins is very good leader and he can play in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Wrong guy regarding Flynn. I'd rather have Kirk Cousins. Cousins is very good leader and he can play in this league.
    I would be happy with Cousins as well.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

As I watched that tape, I'm not sure that I ever saw Geno Smith go thru progressions. Less than five times did he throw to his 2nd option and I think all of those were when he was being flushed from the pocket.

I'm not a QB expert, but that would be a concern for me. If you laser lock every WR, you will have a short NFL career because NFL DB's are fast enough to intercept those passes.

I want us to take a QB with the first pick, just not sure who. I also want them to bring a free agent QB to compete. We need at least 2 new QB's on this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    As I watched that tape, I'm not sure that I ever saw Geno Smith go thru progressions. Less than five times did he throw to his 2nd option and I think all of those were when he was being flushed from the pocket.

I'm not a QB expert, but that would be a concern for me. If you laser lock every WR, you will have a short NFL career because NFL DB's are fast enough to intercept those passes.

I want us to take a QB with the first pick, just not sure who. I also want them to bring a free agent QB to compete. We need at least 2 new QB's on this roster.
    That has been one of his knocks, along with his footwork, but I'm pretty sure Holgerson uses a lot of one-read plays where it's quick slants and screens. I have seen Geno go through his progressions when a big play needs to be made. The big reason I want Geno is because of his deep-ball accuracy. Nothing fazes him and he can make every throw, even in tight coverage. Every other flaw he has can be coached through.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    What's your point? It shows every throw he makes, doesn't it?

If you're criticizing because you think it shows EVERY snap including runs, then you're wrong and didn't watch the video.
    Bro, I'm complimenting the tape b/c it's like a highlight tape, but it's really a scouting tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    5:50 in the Iowa State game and the play right after he does a good job of scanning the field. I'll have to rewatch more later but am watching the Chiefs right now. Just wanted to point those out.

Bro, I'm complimenting the tape b/c it's like a highlight tape, but it's really a scouting tape.
    Sorry, just misunderstood ya!

No to geno

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast