Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith Scouting Films

Default Geno Smith Scouting Films

Here it is from the Iowa State and KU games, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Really? That's interesting.....

Sorry about the size, but it's still pretty easy to see the point.
    Guess I have seen it now. I still don't think he is what he have to have.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Geno runs a spread offense and I haven't seen him under center once. It's easy to have pocket awareness in that style offense. Is he rgiii, I highly highly doubt it. He reminds me of Blaine gabbert. No thank you.
    He's had experience under Center in his previous college seasons. WTF are you talking about?

Nobody is comparing him to RGIII. Pocket presence has nothing to do with the style of Offense & he doesn't remind anyone of Blaine Gabbert, except you.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    He's had experience under Center in his previous college seasons. WTF are you talking about?

Nobody is comparing him to RGIII. Pocket presence has nothing to do with the style of Offense & he doesn't remind anyone of Blaine Gabbert, except you.
    Whatever bro Blaine gabbert was shooting up draft boards potentially being a number 1. Spread offense qbs from college will struggle. This whole I'm a "football nerd" is a sales pitch he wants to be selected number 1 his coach wants him to be number 1. A number 1 overall selection does not flash gang signs taunting fans period. There's nothing for you to debate about with me over it you think he is someone we have to have. I see someone that won't have the mental fortitude at the next level. I see bust. There are other options for the Kansas City chiefs than the "football nerd" from West Virginia.

And to compare him to Blaine gabbert is very favorable. Both came from schools that have had success playing similar schedules. Both have all these positive attributes stands tall in the pocket have pocket awareness good arm strength. Blaine got beat down and wasn't mentally ready for the nfl he had no business starting day one. The jags have MJD and little else. We lose Bowe we have JC and little else. You put Geno in ar number 1 on this team a very similar situation, IMO, to what happened in Jacksonville. There already ready to jump ship.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Spread offense qbs from college will struggle.
    Spread offense QBs have just as much if not more success than non-spread QBs. NFL The truth about spread offenses - ESPN

i would say stats for spread offenses are skewed though. They put up monster stats for a season until NFL teams adjust to it then they get shut down and we don't see them anymore. Case in point cam newton torched everyone last year and set how many records? what happen this year? teams figured him and the style out and shut him down. Im betting the same will happen with rg3 next year, teams will have tape on him figure out the system and shut it down. So i don't really go by stats from spread offenses. Hence why i like the idea of drafting a QB coming out of a pro style offense.

Lets face it the spread offense has been around for ALONG time and has been tried for ALONG time in the nfl and it never sticks because it can't succeed. Once a team gets tape on it it's easy to shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    i would say stats for spread offenses are skewed though. They put up monster stats for a season until NFL teams adjust to it then they get shut down and we don't see them anymore. Case in point cam newton torched everyone last year and set how many records? what happen this year? teams figured him and the style out and shut him down. Im betting the same will happen with rg3 next year, teams will have tape on him figure out the system and shut it down. So i don't really go by stats from spread offenses. Hence why i like the idea of drafting a QB coming out of a pro style offense.

Lets face it the spread offense has been around for ALONG time and has been tried for ALONG time in the nfl and it never sticks because it can't succeed. Once a team gets tape on it it's easy to shut down.
    Cam Newton's stats this year are basically identical to his 2011 stats...sooo yeah.

and whats their record again? he can put up all the records or numbers he wants but i want a WINNING team. and when you loose alot of games and can throw the ball around to pad your stats then good for him. i mean seriously WE beat them how bad is that?
    Last edited by fairladyZ; 12-22-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    and whats their record again? he can put up all the records or numbers he wants but i want a WINNING team. and when you loose alot of games and can throw the ball around to pad your stats then good for him. i mean seriously WE beat them how bad is that?
    Why did the Chiefs beat the Panthers? The same reason the Mountaineers lost to so many teams. Their defense can't stop my grandma. However, as of late, the Panthers have been dominating everyone. Cam Newton is more than capable of winning games on a balanced team and so is Geno Smith.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

as bad as the mountaineers defense is they played their equals with subpar competition. I'm not saying newton sucks, i personally don't like him but he can play for sure. But he also did it against the toughest competition in ncaa. Geno hasn't, so to say geno is going to come in and win is a pretty bold statement.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast