Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hunt has no choice - Pioli must go.

Default Hunt has no choice - Pioli must go.

This team is utterly lost and Pioli hasn't brought in any backups that can start an NFL game. Pioli has failed Kansas City miserably and should be dismissed immediately.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    He's all but completely lost the fan base already.
    You are wrong. The fanbase is holding out hope that Clark knows Pioli has got to go. If that doesn't happen the STHs will speak with their wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    You are wrong. The fanbase is holding out hope that Clark knows Pioli has got to go. If that doesn't happen the STHs will speak with their wallets.
    That's a valid point. I was speaking from from a point of view of the more than a half empty stadium at each home game. However, empty seats really doesn't resonate with Clark if they're already paid for.

Of course, with todays TV contracts, empty seats don't carry as much weight as they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Of course, with todays TV contracts, empty seats don't carry as much weight as they used to.
    Yup, sad but true.

4 reasons Pioli must go:

1. Haley
    2. Cassel
    3. Crennel
    4. Failing to address the OL in his first year. TJ was a huge reach at number 3 with a draft heavy in quality OL in the first round.

I was actually persuaded to come on board with the above choices, and was actually pretty optimistic. How wrong I was. But then, I don't get paid millions to build an NFL franchise. These choices that Pioli made are the top 4 reasons we are 2-14 today.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    4 reasons Pioli must go:

1. Haley
    2. Cassel
    3. Crennel
    4. Failing to address the OL in his first year. TJ was a huge reach at number 3 with a draft heavy in quality OL in the first round.

I was actually persuaded to come on board with the above choices, and was actually pretty optimistic. How wrong I was. But then, I don't get paid millions to build an NFL franchise. These choices that Pioli made are the top 4 reasons we are 2-14 today.
    I gotta be honest, I don't see any elite O-linemen that came out of that 2009 draft: 2009 NFL Draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think there is one all-pro in there. The 2009 draft was just bad. The players picked after Jackson were

- Aaron Curry (cut by 2 teams)
    - Sanchez (awful)
    - Andre Smith (played 13 games his first two seasons, never made it as a LT but is starting RT for the Bengals now)
    - Darius Heyward-Bey (Been pretty "meh" for his career to date)
    - Eugene Monroe (probably the best of the group, but KC had a LT)
    - B.J. Raji (had a pro-bowl season and has been awful since)
    - Michael Crabtree (finally starting to come around in his 4th year)
    - Aaron Maybin (been cut from several teams)
    - Knowshon Moreno (he was going nowhere until McGahee got hurt and Manning arrived)
    - Brian Orakpo (he's the bets player on this list)

I think we've all put a lot of emphasis on thinking that 1st rounders are always can't-miss studs that play in the league for the next 12 years. The reality is, Jackson was a good first round pick for several reasons.

1.) KC was moving to a 3-4 defense and desperately needed 3-4 DEs.
    2.) Tyson Jackson has been a solid run-stopping 3-4 DE.
    3.) He's still on the team and playing well.

When you have high expectations for 1st rounders, I'd say 90% of the time you're going to be let down. But if a team is constantly plucking players out that contribute for 5+ years, is that really a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I gotta be honest, I don't see any elite O-linemen that came out of that 2009 draft: 2009 NFL Draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think there is one all-pro in there. The 2009 draft was just bad. The players picked after Jackson were

- Aaron Curry (cut by 2 teams)
    - Sanchez (awful)
    - Andre Smith (played 13 games his first two seasons, never made it as a LT but is starting RT for the Bengals now)
    - Darius Heyward-Bey (Been pretty "meh" for his career to date)
    - Eugene Monroe (probably the best of the group, but KC had a LT)
    - B.J. Raji (had a pro-bowl season and has been awful since)
    - Michael Crabtree (finally starting to come around in his 4th year)
    - Aaron Maybin (been cut from several teams)
    - Knowshon Moreno (he was going nowhere until McGahee got hurt and Manning arrived)
    - Brian Orakpo (he's the bets player on this list)

I think we've all put a lot of emphasis on thinking that 1st rounders are always can't-miss studs that play in the league for the next 12 years. The reality is, Jackson was a good first round pick for several reasons.

1.) KC was moving to a 3-4 defense and desperately needed 3-4 DEs.
    2.) Tyson Jackson has been a solid run-stopping 3-4 DE.
    3.) He's still on the team and playing well.

When you have high expectations for 1st rounders, I'd say 90% of the time you're going to be let down. But if a team is constantly plucking players out that contribute for 5+ years, is that really a bad thing?
    We could have found a spot on out OL for Monroe. If you'll remember, Albert played guard along side of Monroe at Virginia. And obviously Orapko should have been the pick over TJ (If going defense, which I didn't agree with). We screwed that draft up.
    Last edited by Bike; 12-19-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Had to go to the bathroom.
    SHUT IT

We could have found a spot on out OL for Monroe. If you'll remember, Albert played guard along side of Monroe at Virginia. And obviously Orapko should have been the pick over TJ. We screwed that draft up.
    I agree that's the ideal situation. But keep in mind that 12 other teams passed on Orakpo too. Hindsight always says to take the best player that came out of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I agree that's the ideal situation. But keep in mind that 12 other teams passed on Orakpo too. Hindsight always says to take the best player that came out of the draft.
    Keep in mind that TJ was projected middle to late first round, and some had him going in the 2nd round. Grabbing him at 3 was a reach.
    SHUT IT

Keep in mind that TJ was projected middle to late first round, and some had him going in the 2nd round. Grabbing him at 3 was a reach.
    I completely agree it was a reach. But I'll give some credit to the fact that he's still playing on this team and is a solid starter. The same can't be said for some other guys I listed.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast