vs.
    Oakland Raiders (3-10)

Sunday, December 16, 3:25PM Central Time

at

Oakland Colliseum, Oakland, CA

on

Watch online: Kansas City Chiefs vs Oakland Raiders Live Stream Online
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Team Leaders
    Chiefs
    Offense:

Passing
    Matt Cassel (not starting)

161-277, 1796 yds, 6 TDs, 12 INTs

Brady Quinn

77-127 794 yds, 1 TDs, 5 INTs

Rushing
    Jamaal Charles

240 carries, 1220 yds, 4 TDs

Receiving
    Dwayne Bowe

59 rec, 801 yds, 3 TDs

Defense:
    Tackles
    Derrick Johnson

104 tackles (91 solo)

Sacks
    Justin Houston

10 sacks
    Tamba Hali
    8 sacks

Interceptions
    Brandon Flowers

3 INTs

Full team stats

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Raiders
    Offense:

Passing
    Carson Palmer

324-533, 3804 yds, 22 TDs, 14 INTs

Rushing
    Darren McFadden

150 carries, 507 yds, 2 TDs

Receiving
    Brandon Myers

70 rec, 728 yds, 4 TDs

Defense:
    Tackles
    Phillip Wheeler

97 tackles (68 solo)

Sacks
    Lamar Houston

3 sacks

Interceptions
    Michael Huff, Matt Giordano and Phillip Adams
    all tied with 2 INTs each

Full team stats

Notable Quotables

Chiefs:
    "It's pretty special. I think it's special to everyone in this building. I know it's special to everyone out there in Oakland. When you think of Oakland, you think tough, physical team. We're going to have to match it and probably surpass that to get a win."

—Chiefs right tackle Eric Winston on the rivalry game between the Chiefs and Raiders.

Browns: "It won't be a distraction. We won't allow it to be a distraction."

—Raiders coach Dennis Allen on Rolando McClain's return to the 53-man roster following a two-game suspension.

Spread: Browns by 3, Over/Under 44

Game Day Forcast: Mostly Cloudy, 60% chance of Rain, 57 Degrees

ESPN Preview

Kansas City Chiefs vs. Oakland Raiders - Preview - December 16, 2012 - ESPN

Battling through a dismal season on and off the field, one of the Kansas City Chiefs' few positives has come in the form of inspirational performances from the player possibly affected the most by the recent tragic events.

Jamaal Charles likely hopes to get more opportunities to shine against the Oakland Raiders this time around.

Riding three consecutive 100-yard games, Charles looks to help guide Kansas City to its ninth victory in its last 10 visits to Oakland without top receiver Dwayne Bowe when these AFC West rivals meet Sunday.

Not only did Charles lose a teammate in the Jovan Belcher murder-suicide Dec. 1, but his wife's cousin, Kasandra Perkins, was the victim. Despite the tragedy, ensuing memorial services, wakes and funerals, Charles has managed to stay focused while not speaking publicly.

Charles, who leads the AFC with 1,220 rushing yards, ran for 127 in Kansas City's 27-21 victory over Carolina one day after the Belcher incident, following up a 107-yard effort in a loss to Denver one week earlier.

He scampered for an 80-yard touchdown on the first play of last Sunday's 30-7 loss to Cleveland, finishing with 165 yards for the struggling Chiefs (2-11).

"I think it speaks to the character of him as a man, how he's able to have an optimistic perspective despite all the things he's been through right now," said Brady Quinn, who completed only 10 of 21 passes for 159 yards and an interception against the Browns. "It really speaks to who he is as man."

Charles last rushed for over 100 yards in four straight games during the last four weeks of the 2009 season. To match that mark he'll have to overcome a Raiders defense likely focused on stopping the run with Bowe missing at least this contest with injuried ribs.

"We've leaned on him all year," coach Romeo Crennel said of Charles. "He's been the consistent staple in our offense. We kind of lean on him."

It hasn't been quite all season as Crennel suggested, seeing as Charles had only five carries and caught three passes for a total of 10 yards in a 26-16 loss to Oakland on Oct. 28 -- a surprising development Crennel explained only by saying, "Now, that I'm not exactly sure, either."

Raiders coach Dennis Allen doesn't foresee Charles playing such a limited role this time around, though, as Charles has rushed for at least 100 yards in four of the six games since that contest.

"I would think that they would turn around and hand the ball off to him. He's one of the more explosive players in the league," Allen said. "I would anticipate they would try to get him the ball."

Oakland, which has lost six straight since beating the Chiefs, and Kansas City each are allowing 131.2 rushing yards per game -- tied for 26th in the NFL -- and the Raiders (3-10) hope to get some production from their top back as well.

Darren McFadden, who ran for a season-high 114 yards in the first meeting, rushed 11 times for 52 yards before tweaking his already injured right ankle in the fourth quarter of last Thursday's 26-13 loss to Denver.

He had missed the previous four games with the injury, but the long layoff has given McFadden time to heal. He's expected to play Sunday, and defensive end Richard Seymour, who has missed the last five games after suffering a Grade 2 hamstring tear against Tampa Bay on Nov. 4, also could be ready to go.

"I thought he looked well and yeah, I think there's a good chance he's going to play this week," Allen said.

Linebacker Rolando McClain was reinstated Monday after serving a two-game suspension following an argument with Allen at practice Nov. 28. A team that's allowing a league-worst 30.9 points per game can use all the defensive help it can get, especially facing Charles.

Allen, though, is aware Oakland also is building for the future with 2012 being a lost season. He said younger players will see more time over the final three games, including former Ohio State star quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who has yet to take an official NFL snap in his two seasons.

"All of us, as competitors, we want to win," Allen said. "But I also understand, and I've got a big-picture view of what I want this football team to look like. We've got to prepare for the future."

Both Charles and McFadden were out with injuries for Kansas City's 28-0 victory Oct. 23, 2011, in the most recent meeting in Oakland.

I'm getting this one in a little early because I don't think I will have time to get on line Saturday.

Go Chiefs!

I always want us to win especially the tRaiders, but this one I am not to sure who I want to win, maybe end up in a 3-3 tie that would keep us in front of them in the draft. If we win the tRaiders will get to pick in front of us and they will take who we want just to pi$$ us off for no other reason. This is the first time I have ever felt this way since the Texans moved to KC, I just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I always want us to win especially the tRaiders, but this one I am not to sure who I want to win, maybe end up in a 3-3 tie that would keep us in front of them in the draft. If we win the tRaiders will get to pick in front of us and they will take who we want just to pi$$ us off for no other reason. This is the first time I have ever felt this way since the Texans moved to KC, I just don't know.
    Yeah, as a Chiefs fan I hate feeling conflicted about winning a game, let alone a game against the Raiders.

If we lose we are guaranteed atleast the second pick in the draft.

Go Raiders!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    If we lose we are guaranteed atleast the second pick in the draft.

Go Raiders!
    Yes but it is the tRaiders, I find it real hard to rout for them and against the Chiefs, it just goes against my grain. Like I said if it ended up in a tie would be okay we would still pick before them.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Yes but it is the tRaiders, I find it real hard to rout for them and against the Chiefs, it just goes against my grain. Like I said if it ended up in a tie would be okay we would still pick before them.

Dave you can do it my friend, I will help you.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast