Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Stanzi is a "possibility"

Default Stanzi is a "possibility"

According to the link below, Stanzi starting this week is a possibility.

Ricky Stanzi starting a “possibility” for Chiefs | ProFootballTalk

Nope. We have stunk it up this far, might as well finish the job. Not that I think STanzi would win this week but I don't want to see any false hope after this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    That is what you are asking to do. Stanzi will be gone next year and will most likely be out the league. Look if Cassle and Quinn both got hurt, the Chiefs would have gone out and got another QB to start over Stanzi. He was being retained as a very cheap emergency QB should both get hurt in the same game. Most games they didn't even activate him and had Dexter McCluster(or some other WR) as the Emergency Qb.

cassel, quinn and stanzi may all be gone next year, and may all be out of football. i remember a lot of different posters during the spring saying how much better stanzi was than quinn during practice. on a given day stanzi looked really good, so the statement he sucked all thru spring and preseason i think is a bit of an exageration. so lets put him out there to stink it up or step up....which ever way it goes will be better than watching quinn or cassel.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    cassel, quinn and stanzi may all be gone next year, and may all be out of football. i remember a lot of different posters during the spring saying how much better stanzi was than quinn during practice. on a given day stanzi looked really good, so the statement he sucked all thru spring and preseason i think is a bit of an exageration. so lets put him out there to stink it up or step up....which ever way it goes will be better than watching quinn or cassel.
    Okay you got me. Quinn did look like crap in practice too. You can check history about me posting against him when people called for him to replace Cassel. Cassel was 300% better than both of them in pre-season and Practice. The only difference I saw was Stanzi sucked the most when he was pressured or when the receiver was not wide open. When he started forcing passes to either get rid of the ball or be on target, man he killed a lot of worms. So if you are hearing how much better he looked in practice it was most likely when they were just running routes and not in a team scrimage. Because he can hit open receivers with no rush.

I still believe Cassel is the best QB on this team by far, and should still be playing. However, he is mentally broke. He does give the team the best chance to win against Denver.

I already know what the outcome of Stanzi will be if he plays and don't need him to play on the field just to prove it. Specially with no wide receivers to get separation from players like Champ Bailey and with the pass rush coming from Von Miller. It will be a very ugly game and over the moment the Donkies score 3 points.

the out come of the game will be the same no matter which QB plays, an ugly loss w/ugly QB play

Damn, I guess we should all agree to disagree. Whether its an ugly loss or a really ugly loss, it still a loss. Throw Stanzi to the wolves like you have, Seek...lol

Shouldnt we be playing backups right now? These last handful of games have meant nothing. Give your backups some real world game time to prep them for next year? Dont risk all your starters in worthless games and protect them from injury risk for next year?
    Regardless if you consider this "tanking", it isnt. Its been the worst season in Chiefs history, fair to say. We shouldnt have wasted these games at the end. But we did. Coulda shoulda woulda

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Shouldnt we be playing backups right now? These last handful of games have meant nothing. Give your backups some real world game time to prep them for next year? Dont risk all your starters in worthless games and protect them from injury risk for next year?
    Regardless if you consider this "tanking", it isnt. Its been the worst season in Chiefs history, fair to say. We shouldnt have wasted these games at the end. But we did. Coulda shoulda woulda

i agree, we have 15 players on injury/sick report, lets protect the rest

The fact that Stanzi doesn't get any time with as bad as Quinn and Cassel are, tells me all I need to know. The Chiefs just don't have an NFL caliber QB.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post

Didn't occur to me to do that but i'm w/ you on it. they should have.

i was only thinking bout Stanzi , but , if he's not even good enuff to check out in the last game then all three must go. Monday afternoon the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by GarH View Post
    The fact that Stanzi doesn't get any time with as bad as Quinn and Cassel are, tells me all I need to know. The Chiefs just don't have an NFL caliber QB.
    so Breaston is by far the worst WR on the roster??? based on that same logic

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast