Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lets hear it - team needs after HC & GM

Cool lets hear it - team needs after HC & GM

For starters there is something missing from the defense. I know they are pretty good but still......too many blowouts even w/ bad coaching. The offense wow where to start. O-line is not mean enuff(stout D lines take them to the wood shed too often). Wide reciever(s) is/are a must , i get the qb's are horrid but still dont see them getting open much and too many drops. RB is fine as long as they let Hillis go. TE i'm okay with for now. Maybe the biggest thing i see missing is pride. They need to get some.

Quote Originally Posted by HaliForPresident View Post
    I think we're ignoring DL too much. I know we drafted a NT first round, but anyone who thought Poe was going to amount to anything didn't want any film on him. DL don't go from average college player to dominant NFL player, just doesn't happen. Matter of fact most of what I've heard is he'd be better off at DE because he's athletic but not physical enough to play NT. Get a guy like Star Lotulelei and you're getting the true star DL we wanted without reaching like Pioli did with Jackson. And if Dorsey leaves we're gonna need more DL anyhow so why not take the likely best player available?
    I would love to see Poe go to the 3-4 DE. He is athletic enough to do it and put him next to another 350 guy at the nose tackle spot would be interesting. Dorsey is as good as gone IMHO.

So many things wrong with this team right now, way too many to mention.

I'll go ahead and say hypothetically that good GM and coaching is in place...

1. QB
    2. Monster Center or stellar CB if available.
    3. O-line (C, T or G)
    4. WR or Fullback that loves to give punishing blocks.
    5. Best offensive player available.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    everyone knows #1 QB
    CB
    RG
    ILB
    DE
    WR
    OL

The problem is you can't just magically make a franchise QB appear in the draft like people seem to think. Geno Smith is the top QB in the draft and there is a very good chance he'll never turn out to be that great. You use a top pick on a QB and you're pretty well stuck with him the next 4-5 years losing because you've committed a top pick to him (just ask Rex Ryan). A draft as weak at QB as this one it may be best to try and trade or sign a FA as a temporary fix (Alex Smith, Vick, etc). It just sucks we didn't have this high of a pick last year. Somebody needs to figure out a way to blackmail Joe Flacco to signing with the Chiefs.

Wr
    Lb
    Cb
    Qb
    Rb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12