Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the real problem with my team?

Default What is the real problem with my team?

I have no idea, geez, seriously we need to see something from this team, we have been incredibly bad for 8 years now and I do not see anything getting any better.

I was pessimistic when we started this season even when others were saying we would win the division. Crennel has never shown the ability to lead this team and when he chose his assistant staff, it was pathetic.

I hope Clark and or Pioli have something up there sleeves after this season. I am pessimistic that Pioli will be gone but we will see.

I think after this season, unless Hunt is ready to lay out some serious money, we are going to be a cellar dweller again next year, and I am not talking about free agents either. I think we have talent on this team, we need some spots, but I really think coaching is the biggest issue we have with a close second being QB.

We have about three more weeks before we see where this team will be next year.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

What is the problem you ask?

I give you five letters.
    P
    I
    O
    L
    I

That is the problem.

I'm not as unhappy as most about the performance of Pioli. I will be just fine with them bringing him back. He has made some blunders, but so does every GM. This his last shot to find the right coach in my opinion.

A good coach would go .500 with this team. We desperately need a QB that can stretch the field. Someone that has enough arm to throw 20 yard passes with velocity. Cassel has incredible heart in my opinion. But it's simply not enough to overcome his lack of arm strength. We have a WR that can stretch the field in Baldwin but don't have a QB who can get the ball down field to him.

A good coaching staff, a QB with a better arm would bring us back to relevance. I'm afraid we are much farther away from a title than I thought 6 months ago tho. We need to sign Albert to a long term deal.

My vote is keep Pioli and hire another new coach. Unless we can land Bill Polian as GM. I think they would need to strongly consider making that move. The Bill Polian rumors are heating up again.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...t-comes-to-gms
    Last edited by Coach; 12-18-2012 at 06:00 AM.

I pray we land Polian, he has a good track record, and coaches want to coach under him. I can't see us getting a decent coach if Pioli is retained. Polian + new coach+ good draft picks this April will make us a better teAm. Then go get us some depth in FA.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm not as unhappy as most about the performance of Pioli. I will be just fine with them bringing him back. He has made some blunders, but so does every GM. This his last shot to find the right coach in my opinion.

A good coach would go .500 with this team. We desperately need a QB that can stretch the field. Someone that has enough arm to throw 20 yard passes with velocity. Cassel has incredible heart in my opinion. But it's simply not enough to overcome his lack of arm strength. We have a WR that can stretch the field in Baldwin but don't have a QB who can get the ball down field to him.

A good coaching staff, a QB with a better arm would bring us back to relevance. I'm afraid we are much farther away from a title than I thought 6 months ago tho. We need to sign Albert to a long term deal.

My vote is keep Pioli and hire another new coach. Unless we can land Bill Polian as GM. I think they would need to strongly consider making that move. The Bill Polian rumors are heating up again.
    Monday Observations: Looking for next big thing when it comes to GMs - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy
    Pioli is single handedly destroying the Chiefs with his poor decisions and his complete refusal to admit any mistakes. Why would you want to keep him at all?

i think you have to start w/pioli. hired wrong coaches and has not brought in the right personell. the new GM should clean house and start correcting the rest of the problems.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I am also not disappointed in Pioli. I think he's brought a lot of talent to the roster, but his ultimate downfall is not getting the two most important positions right: Coach and QB.

Pioli was almost pretty much forced to stick with Romeo after he had a great showing at the end of 2011 (and beat the Packers who were undefeated at the time). Romeo then proceeded to bring in one of the most inept Offensive coordinators in the NFL.

Here is Daboll's offenses scoring per game and league rank since his first OC role in 2009:

2009 - 15.3 (29th)
    2010 - 16.9 (31st)
    2011 - 20.6 (20th)
    2012 - 13.9 (32nd)

With a new GM comes mass changes as guys want to bring in "their own players." I've seen a lot out of Pioli's guys this year taking the next step. Specifically Asamoah, Winston, Jackson, Poe (has played very well for a rookie), and Arenas.

I think you give him one more chance to get it right. Bring in the right coach, bring in a top flight QB (or two) from the draft. Am I crazy? Maybe. But we have to allow the guy the chance to finish what he started.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    What is the problem you ask?

I give you five letters.
    P
    I
    O
    L
    I

That is the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Monday Observations: Looking for next big thing when it comes to GMs - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Pioli is single handedly destroying the Chiefs with his poor decisions and his complete refusal to admit any mistakes. Why would you want to keep him at all?
    At this point I could take or leave him. I just want someone to address this teams issues in a competent way, one way or the other.

Pioli's refusal to admit his mistakes is why I want him GONE! He stubbornly stuck with Cassel and brought nobody in to compete with him. It was obvious that Cassel's downfall was the rest of the team's downfall. We had no plan B and look as this team now. Besides that what elite Coach would want to coach for him. Last season none of them even gave us a chance to talk to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Pioli was almost pretty much forced to stick with Romeo after he had a great showing at the end of 2011 (and beat the Packers who were undefeated at the time). Romeo then proceeded to bring in one of the most inept Offensive coordinators in the NFL.

Here is Daboll's offenses scoring per game and league rank since his first OC role in 2009:

2009 - 15.3 (29th)
    2010 - 16.9 (31st)
    2011 - 20.6 (20th)
    2012 - 13.9 (32nd)
    Well, I wouldn't call Romeo's showing "great" (It would've been great if he'd beaten the Raiders, went into the playoffs and won one game, that would have qualified for "great".) Romeo came in by being the guy that was the path of least resistance. He was already here, wouldn't have been a great mixup in the locker room etc., etc...

Daboll has skirted under the radar for too long. The man couldn't design a play to lead hungry wolves to a butcher shop, and that's me being polite. Zorn hasn't been much help in that department either.

As far as Pioli staying...would have to disagree there. While I believe his draft picks have worked out better than some have painted them out to be...this season sinks to new lows with each game. If we want change it's going to have to start at the top. Time to clean house. Again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast